Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Overlord K posted:

I thought it was just kind of a gag at first, but no, the main girls really are just mob characters. Kind of interesting that the leads are Rest instead of Best. Makes me hopeful that we'll get to see a bunch of different over the top Best each week .

That seems to be the case. Reading between the lines, it seems that those Moonlight Stones are what gives Best their powers and makes them Best whether they know it or not. MC gave one to her sister as a lucky charm without realizing its power and during the Best fight, their own stones flew off which removed their ability to resist bone breaking injuries from the direct blows of other Best. odds are, we'll see the main case become Best in their own way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

CuLT posted:

This captures more or less how the first episode felt for me, actually zoned out a couple of times which is really unusual for me.

Liked the second episode much better, though at this point there's still something missing. Guess it will be the three episode test.

P.S. Muto Yasuyuki (script writer) also has the dubious honour of having been script writer for Bible Black.

Everyone has to start somewhere.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Allarion posted:

Each time I see the OP of this show, I keep thinking that this is the K-on girls on a road trip through the Kill la Kill world. Anyways, episode was decent enough, though light on action. I'm not completely sold on the main cast yet, but I'm more interested in the world anyways with its cast of crazy Bests. Also happy to see that the show will probably keep checking in on the sister.

I think it's definitely confirmed that the stones that they are looking for are connected to, at least, certain aspects of the Bests' powers.

Also is the robe and hat thing a sly reference to the 30 year old virgin Wizard thing or is it just Comima being weird?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
If you haven't already noticed, the major Bests in each arc appear in the ED including future ones.

Since Dandy guy isn't a best, he doesn't appear even though he could probably go toe to toe with them.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Dan7el posted:

I'm watching the missiles streak across the sky and I'm wondering. "Who makes the missiles? Do they have a military industrial complex that sells Buddha shaped missiles to the various city-states? Why would a stage also have a massive self-defense mechanism built-in? How much energy do the lasers use?"

And then, "That drummer sure can play for an old guy! I didn't know a Shamisen could be played like that!!"

The stage canons are probably from the war. I was expecting a mighty riff to blow away some o the missiles though.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Mikl posted:

Main mystery of the show, for me, is why the hell Chiaya turns into an octopus... thing when she falls asleep. It's happened at least twice so far, what's up with that?

It's the next evolution of moeblob

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

I wish the main characters had more to them other than just being generically cute, I know that they're more there to enable the story to focus on the journey and meeting the actually fun characters but four of them seems a bit much if you're not going to bother giving them personalities other than 'gets lost a lot'. I still like the show since it's not really about them and it occasionally looks amazing but if the remaining episodes focus on the stones and Chiaya being an alien like it's pointing to then eh.

Don't worry! There are two other subplots they have to resolve at the same time so the alien story may not be the entire finale. One subplot seems to be Momotaro except with an Ostrich and a Sloth instead of a Pheasant and a Monkey and the other looks to be part of Kaguya-Hime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
What did the numbers on Ai mean?

• Locked thread