Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo
oi deez bluddy immigents is cummin in ere fookin rekkin are cuntree innit
WOT U LOOKIN AT oval office I'LL FUCKEN SMASH YE NANNA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

David Mitchell on a panel show? fooken marvellous!

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

well they sure exposed the face of someone who is on television, great fuckin' journalism. or were they talking about his birthmark? either way,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcU7FaEEzNU

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

has anyone in the UK made a good comedy that isn't a panel show in the last 2 years? I really can't think of anything good recently apart from whatever Charlie Brooker does

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

RideTheSpiral posted:

detectorists was good last year

looks alright, ta

all I can offer in return is Danger 5. Australia doesn't like good TV but rarely something creative slips through the cracks

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

where's me bloody dim sims?

we had it pretty good in the 80s & 90s but then reality TV hit and now everything is lovely reality or dramas with "hot" 20somethings loving each other and bitching about it and shooting each other longing stares. same with film too. you can count the number of good comedy films produced in Australia in the last 10 years on 1 hand but that's going a bit off topic I guess.

though when I think about it the UK is probably the same. Four Lions was the last good English film I saw and that's just because of Chris Morris.

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Phoon posted:

attack the block was a good film

oh yeah, I really enjoyed that. Joe Cornballs is a pretty good screenwriter/director and his old mate Buckles still manages to make me laugh because he's a silly fucker

The Big Taff Man posted:

Moone Boy started 2012. I really like that. Its the only Sky Original comedy worth watching. Trollied is a bag of turds
Alan Partridges Mid Morning Matters started as a web series but they did a TV version where they put 2 episodes together as a half hour show.
Stella, The Wrong Mans & Bad Education are three shows I dont watch but got decent reviews.

someone else summed up Moone Boy pretty well.. it's almost there, almost. then nah. I've a soft spot for Alan Partridge but idk I think Coogan might need to think about moving on. there was that show named Legit written by Rab Florence which had a really funny pilot but the series itself was pretty unfunny. oh and Limmy is good

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

oh yeah, I keep forgetting cause Limmy keeps making pretty consistently funny vines. he's always there waiting for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

tada.wav posted:

How come Father Ted and Black Books is so good and yet The Walshes and Count Arthur Strong are both such dogshit? Did Linehan have a stroke?

there was something (screenwipe I think) a while back in which he said he basically takes all his ideas from youtube or stories on the internet now. that works well for the IT crowd considering the subject matter but not for anything else

The Big Taff Man posted:

we could discuss this in the uk tv thread!

I guess! how many pages of that is dedicated to OF&H?

• Locked thread