Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

I've always had a special hate for the H2 Hummer vehicle. It's unnecessarily huge, absolutely horrible on gas, and ugly as gently caress. Yet a few years ago, they were everywhere. Living in metro Detroit, home of GM, you couldn't throw a stone without hitting one. Flash forward to TYOOL 2015, and my wife and I noticed, neither of us can remember the last time we even saw one on the road. I've been looking everywhere I go the past week, and haven't seen a single one. Where'd all these giants POS cars go?

END OF AN ERROR fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jan 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
WHen I had your mom in the passenger seat

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

they probably all broke down by down

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
while i agree h2 hummers are really bad, I have a feeling you drive like a prius or a 94 subaru station wagon so im not going to side with you OP

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Living in metro Detroit, home of GM, you could throw a stone without hitting one.
huh. that's actually not that strange

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

1gnoirents posted:

while i agree h2 hummers are really bad, I have a feeling you drive like a prius or a 94 subaru station wagon so im not going to side with you OP

Nah, Dodge Journey.

a hole-y ghost posted:

huh. that's actually not that strange

Whoops

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
i work at a costco and see them all the time

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
a

FordPRefectLL posted:

i work at a costco and see them all the time

also the drivers are usually disabled for some reason

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

The other day I saw one of the original civilian gigantic versions. It had been completely coated in that textured rubbery looking black material that I think is typically used in truck beds.

It looked pretty scary :ohdear:

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

FordPRefectLL posted:

a

also the drivers are usually disabled for some reason

welfare queens buying gas with their disability check

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

I saw one like two days ago, but you're right I hadn't seen one for at least months if not a year or more so the encounter stuck in my mind so that I could bring it back here to the forums and help reinforce your own perceptions.

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

christmas eve at the grocery store, i pulled into the parking lot along with an H3. as i get out of my car the guy driving the H3 is getting out too. i look over and this guy looks like Joe Pesci on a meth binge, is wearing a black suit with a red shirt and black tie, and has two hooks instead of hands.

thats my hummer story, op.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
they are so roomy on the inside, the front and back seats are like 4 feet away. really awesome for a road trip where im not throwing down on gas

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Yivgev posted:

christmas eve at the grocery store, i pulled into the parking lot along with an H3. as i get out of my car the guy driving the H3 is getting out too. i look over and this guy looks like Joe Pesci on a meth binge, is wearing a black suit with a red shirt and black tie, and has two hooks instead of hands.

thats my hummer story, op.

i saw one on the highway and said 'there's somethign you don't see everyday' before making another 'because of the poor gas mileage' comment and then somebody else said something about gm taking government money

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Nah, Dodge Journey.

why

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

ethanol posted:

i saw one on the highway and said 'there's somethign you don't see everyday' before making another 'because of the poor gas mileage' comment and then somebody else said something about gm taking government money
be nice, your mother isn't just "somebody else"

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

because I have a vehicle with an 8" touch screen, AWD, heated leather seats, heated steering wheel, power everything, and a large enough rear hatch area to carry all of my fire gear for $225 a month.

Sorry my car doesn't live up to the standards of your 2007 Saturn

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
My boss had one and it got 9 miles to the gallon new. He said he was spending $75 every 4 days on gas using it as a daily drive. He had the money and reasoned that it's one of the safest vehicles he could own for the famil but the gas mileage obviously stung. I saw them a lot around Vegas for a few years but they're definitely disappearing as people get them paid down enough to get rid of them.

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! OFFERS 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE TO ANY LIBERAL - SA MEMBER STARTS TO ACCEPT, THEN BACKS OUT AND WETS PANTS AFTER LEARNING IRONKNUCKLE HAS DEBATED ON TELEVISION BEFORE! READ HERE
Hey OP, the Jeep was mine H2 was the Fathers both have been to the car graveyard. I only miss one of them can you guess which?

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
sorry about your dad's tiny dick. I see hummers around all the loving time, it's obscene. What a lovely car.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

I'm surprised you are even here to post that picture, what with your dad's super tiny penis and all.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I see a Hummer H1 every day at work so I guess every day?

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! OFFERS 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE TO ANY LIBERAL - SA MEMBER STARTS TO ACCEPT, THEN BACKS OUT AND WETS PANTS AFTER LEARNING IRONKNUCKLE HAS DEBATED ON TELEVISION BEFORE! READ HERE

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I'm surprised you are even here to post that picture, what with your dad's super tiny penis and all.

It wasn't driveable, it was just used to drive a mile straight to the beach and back and that was it. It was miserable I'm 6'3" and getting into it was like climbing into an aircraft. I did have a train horn on it which was pretty fun.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Hummers may have come and gone, but the PT Cruiser will be around forever

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Guru Yaekob posted:

It wasn't driveable, it was just used to drive a mile straight to the beach and back and that was it. It was miserable I'm 6'3" and getting into it was like climbing into an aircraft. I did have a train horn on it which was pretty fun.

that's pretty gosh darn dumb

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

To be honest if I lived in Detroit I would want a hummer or a tank.

ethanol posted:

that's pretty gosh darn dumb

I wouldn't know I don't have thousands of disposable income.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
If you dont own a certain type of car you literally have no dick or balls.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
You don't see them because they stopped making them ya doofus. Also the H2 was just a different body slapped on a tahoe along with some extra goodies like locking diffs, the h3 was the smaller one and was underpowered and gay

I didn't like them because you can't see poo poo out of those back and side windows.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
nice wife OP, what was his name?

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Guru Yaekob posted:

Hey OP, the Jeep was mine H2 was the Fathers both have been to the car graveyard. I only miss one of them can you guess which?

Your dad paid a lot of money for a really bad lift and a really obnoxious paint job

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

I think we can all agree you have a small penis unless you drive a Yugo then it is HUGEEEEEEEE

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Guru Yaekob posted:

I did have a train horn on it which was pretty fun.
Burn in hell, small penis man

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

Ramsus posted:

Your dad paid a lot of money for a really bad lift and a really obnoxious paint job

I don't think it bothered him much.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Sometimes I ride a bike, dick so big it get caught in the chain

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

sexy young infidel posted:

Carlston

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

Ramsus posted:

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

sexy young infidel posted:

Sorry about you still being a virgin :(

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

Ramsus posted:

What kind of bike?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
When I lived in DC I saw H2's pretty regularly, and see a few around my present locale, and I used to drive an H3, and am kind of annoyed they quit making them, because it was like a poor man's Jeep Unlimited (totalled my H3 when I hit a deer, so I just moved up to the Unlimited).

• Locked thread