Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! OFFERS 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE TO ANY LIBERAL - SA MEMBER STARTS TO ACCEPT, THEN BACKS OUT AND WETS PANTS AFTER LEARNING IRONKNUCKLE HAS DEBATED ON TELEVISION BEFORE! READ HERE

Kuato posted:

(totalled my H3 when I hit a deer, so I just moved up to the Unlimited).

Let that sink in for a moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Ramsus posted:

You don't see them because they stopped making them ya doofus. Also the H2 was just a different body slapped on a tahoe along with some extra goodies like locking diffs, the h3 was the smaller one and was underpowered and gay

I didn't like them because you can't see poo poo out of those back and side windows.

I'm aware they don't make them anymore. However, when they stop producing a vehicle, they don't go collecting all of the ones already on the road and start destroying them. I used to see a ton of them, now none. The cars are less than 10 years old, they should still exist somewhere (maybe not, they are GM)

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! OFFERS 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE TO ANY LIBERAL - SA MEMBER STARTS TO ACCEPT, THEN BACKS OUT AND WETS PANTS AFTER LEARNING IRONKNUCKLE HAS DEBATED ON TELEVISION BEFORE! READ HERE

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I'm aware they don't make them anymore. However, when they stop producing a vehicle, they don't go collecting all of the ones already on the road and start destroying them. I used to see a ton of them, now none. The cars are less than 10 years old, they should still exist somewhere (maybe not, they are GM)

ISIS bought them all up.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Sorry about you still being a virgin :(

Nice ... whats his name though

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

sexy young infidel posted:

Nice ... whats his name though

you're kind of being creepy. and I still hate your loving avatar.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Kuato posted:

When I lived in DC I saw H2's pretty regularly, and see a few around my present locale, and I used to drive an H3, and am kind of annoyed they quit making them, because it was like a poor man's Jeep Unlimited (totalled my H3 when I hit a deer, so I just moved up to the Unlimited).

unloading the hummer brand was more a political move than a practical one.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014

Tiny Lowtax posted:

you're kind of being creepy. and I still hate your loving avatar.

I have avatars off

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
I had a cousin who rolled up to my uncle's funeral 15 minutes late in a Hummer listening to Bubba Sparxxx. I felt like I was in an indie comedy.

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

Low Desert Punk posted:

I had a cousin who rolled up to my uncle's funeral 15 minutes late in a Hummer listening to Bubba Sparxxx. I felt like I was in an indie comedy.

Funerals have a start time? gently caress I've been doing them wrong...

Serious post.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I've seen a few in the northeast and they are bad and I'd never want one.

I also saw this:

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Do you have that in desktop size?

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Do you have that in desktop size?

technical difficulties...better?

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I've always had a special hate for the H2 Hummer vehicle. It's unnecessarily huge, absolutely horrible on gas, and ugly as gently caress. Yet a few years ago, they were everywhere. Living in metro Detroit, home of GM, you couldn't throw a stone without hitting one. Flash forward to TYOOL 2015, and my wife and I noticed, neither of us can remember the last time we even saw one on the road. I've been looking everywhere I go the past week, and haven't seen a single one. Where'd all these giants POS cars go?

lol at you living in detroit

I see humvees on a daily basis. What is being a poor like?

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Fog Tripper posted:

I don't live in Detroit proper. In fact, neither do the people who usually work at the factories that make GM vehicles (they are headquartered in Warren, not the actual city of Detroit). I live in a nice suburb with a nice house.

Good assumption tho.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Nah, Dodge Journey.

Whoops

born and raised in south detroit? do you take the midnight train going an ee where?

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Fog Tripper posted:

born and raised in south detroit? do you take the midnight train going an ee where?

Fun fact, there is no "south Detroit". It's divided into east and west.

and if you play that in a bar or a sporting event around here, people will loving yell the south Detroit part at the top of their lungs. I hate it.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Fog Tripper posted:

Where do you live where a hummer still a status symbol?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Arian_Samurai posted:

america

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

remember hummer limos

That poo poo is awkward

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

Arian_Samurai posted:

Russia

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
its like a mobility scooter car for fat people OP, what kind of bigot are you

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Fun fact, there is no "south Detroit". It's divided into east and west.

and if you play that in a bar or a sporting event around here, people will loving yell the south Detroit part at the top of their lungs. I hate it.

detroit is only 1 dimension? explains a bit

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Arian_Samurai posted:

About 5 minutes from a slew of ski resorts.
Personally I rock a rubicon.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Just checked craigslist, all of the hummers are on craigslist

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Fog Tripper posted:

Jeeps are actually terrible winter vehicles. sure they can FOUR WHEEL DRIVE OUT OF A loving UNPLOWED DRIVEWAY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW but they are terrible rolling death traps at highway speeds and I'm really really glad i got rid of mine before I died

anyways enjoy the rest of your life fog tripper

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Fog Tripper posted:

what's up tj bud

ethanol posted:

Jeeps are actually terrible winter vehicles. sure they can FOUR WHEEL DRIVE OUT OF A loving UNPLOWED DRIVEWAY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW but they are terrible rolling death traps at highway speeds and I'm really really glad i got rid of mine before I died

actually you are wrong as gently caress, and my tj handles like it's on rails in the snow in 4wd

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Low Desert Punk posted:

remember hummer limos

That poo poo is awkward

They're still around. They're still only used by douchebags.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Ramsus posted:

actually you are wrong as gently caress, my tj handles like it's on rails in the snow in 4wd

5 mph doesn't count

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

ethanol posted:

Girl driver spotted

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Guru Yaekob posted:

Girl driver spotted

man with small penis spotted

naem
May 29, 2011

The classic bare bone military ones are cool I'd drive one of those

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

ethanol posted:

5 mph doesn't count

no but tires, suspension, the driver and realizing you're driving something with a short wheel base does as compared to your awd subaru autopilot getting high centered when it encounters anything fun

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

All of my old friends who now own Hummers or Jeeps talk exclusively about them and share Hummer memes on Facebook

poo poo is weird, I think the industry is built on pod people

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Low Desert Punk posted:

All of my old friends who now own Hummers or Jeeps talk exclusively about them and share Hummer memes on Facebook

poo poo is weird, I think the industry is built on pod people

This is what happens and I do not care for people that I do not know in a jeep waving at me when I'm driving.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

ethanol posted:

you sound like a pussy, tbqh. Mine does fine in snow, when wearing blizzaks.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Ramsus posted:

what's up tj bud

sup

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Yeah, can't say I've ever rolled any vehicle and I've had two broncos, couple jeeps and various trucks. I guess some people should stick to subarus or whatever pretend outdoorsy people drive in boulder colorado

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Ramsus posted:

no but tires, suspension, the driver and realizing you're driving something with a short wheel base does as compared to your awd subaru autopilot getting high centered when it encounters anything fun
i dont care but please stop trying to tell everybody you meet that jeeps are good in winter or good at anything else.

all jeep drivers have Stockholm syndrome and just can't stop recommending this unsafe, unfun, uncomfortable, unreliable vehicle because they are psychopathic freaks who need approval for their stupid constantly broken piece of poo poo brick money burning WW2 relic

the fact is they really aren't fun to drive at all and as much as I enjoyed taking mine off road, the $4,000 axles or the $3,000 of other broken parts i had to put in because chrystler used such lovely hardware in all parts of the jeep soured me a bit on the whole thing

oh yeah, they drive like poo poo in the winter too. I went from a jeep wrangler to a small rwd sportscar and being completely honest, I'm having a much easier time this winter.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

ethanol posted:

i dont care but please stop trying to tell everybody you meet that jeeps are good in winter or good at anything else.

all jeep drivers have Stockholm syndrome and just can't stop recommending this unsafe, unfun, uncomfortable, unreliable vehicle because they are psychopathic freaks who need approval for their stupid constantly broken piece of poo poo brick money burning WW2 relic

the fact is they really aren't fun to drive at all and as much as I enjoyed taking mine off road, the $4,000 axles or the $3,000 of other broken parts i had to put in because chrystler used such lovely hardware in all parts of the jeep soured me a bit on the whole thing

oh yeah, they drive like poo poo in the winter too. I went from a jeep wrangler to a small rwd sportscar and being completely honest, I'm having a much easier time this winter.

worst driver spotted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

naem posted:

The classic bare bone military ones are cool I'd drive one of those

they were cool but be careful, apparently the odl MUTTs killed a ton of soldiers, to the poitn where they were banned for civiliain sale

• Locked thread