Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

mysterious frankie posted:

Was the newest one Don't Legalize It?
Yup

A fitting end to a 14 yr legacy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
mod please strike portlandia from the title

that show is hella stupid

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

dMastri posted:

Yup

A fitting end to a 14 yr legacy

r.i.p Phil Collins - mourn ya til I journ ya.

Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

Lift Your Little Paws Like Antennas to Heaven!

dMastri posted:

mod please strike portlandia from the title

that show is hella stupid

The first episode had some legitimately great moments but they only had enough material for the pilot. I honestly cannot fathom how any human watches that show though.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

quote:

Portlandia! It's the hit IFC comedy that I'm happy exists if only for inspiring The New Yorker to write this wonderful profile of Carrie Brownstein. But as the New York Times points out, Portlandia is a comedy that has a problem with funniness.

edit - RIP MUSTARD TIGER

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
tv turns your brain to mush

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

quote:

I didn't have the highest hopes for this show since SNL is not that funny anymore. But I gave it a shot. The first episode wasn't funny at all, which lead me to believe this show isn't a comedy. Is it? I mean, the beginning part with the singing was so long and not humorous. Then the characters were flat and in the bookstore, in took me awhile to realize Fred Armisen was playing a woman. See, if you watched a Kids in the Hall skit, you would instantly know a guy was playing a female. In this, I didn't. If there are jokes in this show, I must be missing them all. Wait, there are no jokes.

please destroy fred armisen and carrie brownstein

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

None of those shows are good because almost all TV shows are boring as poo poo to me. I can watch movies and play video games, but I'll lose interest in almost any show within a few episodes.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
portlandia is better than a crime procedural

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
i liked archer early on but it seems really repetitive

every episode is the same thing, which is funny the first time and then half as funny each subsequent time

so i sort of lost interest after a few seasons. i want to like the show but i can't motivate myself to watch it most of the time.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
portlandia is garbage

it has made people move to portland to blow their life savings so that's pretty funny i guess

Saucy Slit
Jul 27, 2011
Portlandia repeats jokes over and over. gently caress Archer, Xander Crews forever.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
My favourite thing about Portlandia is when they take a funny joke and make it twenty minutes long and ruin it.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

StashAugustine posted:

a friend of mine showed me metalocaplyse and it was really bad

Leave the earth forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

dMastri posted:

This is perhaps the worst garbage ever existed on TV screen. the screenplays were stupid, exaggerated, ridiculed, twisted, and most of all, pretentious to the extreme. Portland is such a beautiful and unique city that made all the cities on the map of the United States look so boring and stereotyped lifeless. We have been visiting Portland twice a year since our elder son moved to that city years ago from southern California. After visited Portland so many years and so many times, we finally understood why he never wanted to move back to California. Portland is a city has its uniqueness. Yes, the city are full of down-and-out dandy residents, but the air and the atmosphere are uplifting and unpretentious. This city teaches you how to live with limited income but still could live freely and enjoyable. There are so many districts in this city that have their own characters. This is a city that the residents know the tricks of how to get by with limit incomes but still feel they are rich than most of the people living in other cities. This is a city that still got the disgusting fast food chains, but like no other cities in America, they are not the typical eye-sores like what we see in California or other states, because the eat-out dining culture in Portland is so abundantly kaleidoscopic colorful, every district and every street got its own characteristic specialties, they are so unique and so different from any other city's life style. This city is also the capital of bicycle theft, almost every one you know had the experience of lost their bicycle, no matter how you tried to protect it, yet this city's bicycle culture never dwindled but keeps on growing, somewhere in this city, the bike lanes are wider than the motor vehicles lanes. A city with fresh thick cut salmon slices on their Su-Shi conveyor platform, 3-times thicker and 3 times fresh than what you paid for in any other city. would put shame on all other Su-Shi bars/restaurants in any city in America @ $1.85 a plate! This is a city surrounded by breath-taking scenery spots that put shame to what the cities in California claimed as their best "scenic drives".

This is not a city portrayed like this stupid farce, full of clowns, jerks, brain-dead, pin-heads, pretentious extremists. A city full of smokers, pets, bike thieves, junkies, do-nothing and do-little white trash, tight-arss stubborn Republicans, mindless and goalless liberals...and so on, but they accommodated to each other nicely and peacefully. A city with most of the sidewalks smell dogs urine, a city with water pan put in front of almost every store for dog lovers-slaves, a city full of residents wearing fashionable and flashy dresses covered with cat hairs. A city with residents who never pay any attention to rains or snow, a city where residents like to wear clothes with hoods, so they can still mindlessly walk in the rains anytime they want; people walking in the street holding umbrellas on a raining day only expose themselves outsiders or just tourists. This is a city where people live there knowing how to wholeheartedly appreciate a sunny day. A city people still like to hold and read a REAL book in any season, especially in a rainy or snowy winter day.

I have a hard time explaining why I loved living in Seattle but didn't care about Portland and I think this does well explaining why.

Also lol venture bros got snubbed who cares about that show anymore.

• Locked thread