Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flying Fortress
Oct 23, 2008

Red Lucy has pretty high standards in partners, but after collecting all the creature eggs she asked for I was able to prove my worth to her and I was rewarded sexily. Called me her "Hunter" too; pretty hot stuff.

Gonna go try to apply what I've learned to real life situations, wish me luck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
shake that bear

Flying Fortress
Oct 23, 2008

I don't know what that means. Some sort of euphemism?

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004

shovelbum posted:

shake that deathclaw

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Make sure to bring some rootbeer soda in case you get burned. Cheapest way to restore health.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
nice work, op

Flying Fortress
Oct 23, 2008

Afterwards I checked my dialog options and she was all "Lay with me again my Hunter" but I just left to wander the wasteland alone instead.
Gotta leave em wanting more, know what I mean?

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Women can't get hot for you unless you are a killing machine.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i should probably actually play new vegas

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

A Spider Covets posted:

i should probably actually play new vegas

It's good poo poo. Get all the DLC except honest hearts.

Flying Fortress
Oct 23, 2008

Wicker Man posted:

Women can't get hot for you unless you are a killing machine.

seems to be the lesson here, yup

Wicker Man posted:

Really? I liked Honest Hearts, I liked the different vibe it had. Plus that one part where you get all drugged up up and have to fight the bear was cool.
I hated Dead Money though and never finished it.

Flying Fortress fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jan 12, 2015

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

have you had sex with the bisexual dominatrix cowgirl ghoul yet?

Flying Fortress
Oct 23, 2008

I haven't, no. I like her, she's sassy and her new outfit is pretty trampy. Still, the no skin thing is a little off-putting

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Skutter posted:

have you had sex with the bisexual dominatrix cowgirl ghoul yet?

Greetings

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Flying Fortress posted:

I haven't, no. I like her, she's sassy and her new outfit is pretty trampy. Still, the no skin thing is a little off-putting

But she clearly stays in good shape with all those exposed muscles :mrgw:

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Wicker Man posted:

what's wrong with honest hearts? just curious. i didnt even know NV had DLC.

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

Enfield posted:

Greetings

:whatup: :wink:

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

Flying Fortress posted:

Yeah Dead Money is pretty poo poo.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

A Spider Covets posted:

what's wrong with honest hearts? just curious. i didnt even know NV had DLC.

Story wise it's not too bad, but it's a combination of the environment, the enemies, and even the quests you do that make it feel weak. It just seems very dull in comparison to the other DLC. Plus in my experience, this DLC seems to crash the most (Old World Blues does too, but it's fixable). Mainly you get to meet the Burned Man and learn all about him and his past. He's a pretty cool character, for what it's worth.

If you like the idea of playing in a more nature-y environment away from cities and laboratories, with tribals and wild beasts being your enemies, go for it. The little side-story of "the man in the caves" is pretty sad. But other than that, I just found this one the most boring.

Oh and the perks and equipment you get from this one aren't all that great.

Mimetic posted:

Yeah Dead Money is pretty poo poo.

It's funny because that one has a very stark love/hate divide. I can see why people hate it, but I personally love it when you are forced to scavenge and jury rig supplies and poo poo in order to survive and overcome the odds. Also Dead Money has one of the best energy weapons in the game (there is a glitch that makes it so that you NEVER have to repair it.) Plus I like to quote Father Elijah since he's a big homicidal spergy goon.

Wicker Man fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jan 12, 2015

Flying Fortress
Oct 23, 2008

I should prolly give Dead Money another chance really. I haven't tried it after my first go around when it first came out, so maybe it's time to revisit. Any perks I should get beforehand? Kinda like having Animal Friend makes Old World Blues a little easier.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
we're talking sex eggs ITT (in this thread)?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P53mWKRWaao

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Wicker Man posted:

lookit this scrub that doesnt use grahams armor and pistol 24/7

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
had a sex egg for breakfast yesterday, im not making that mistake again

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wicker Man posted:

Story wise it's not too bad, but it's a combination of the environment, the enemies, and even the quests you do that make it feel weak. It just seems very dull in comparison to the other DLC. Plus in my experience, this DLC seems to crash the most (Old World Blues does too, but it's fixable). Mainly you get to meet the Burned Man and learn all about him and his past. He's a pretty cool character, for what it's worth.

If you like the idea of playing in a more nature-y environment away from cities and laboratories, with tribals and wild beasts being your enemies, go for it. The little side-story of "the man in the caves" is pretty sad. But other than that, I just found this one the most boring.

It's funny because that one has a very stark love/hate divide. I can see why people hate it, but I personally love it when you are forced to scavenge and jury rig supplies and poo poo in order to survive and overcome the odds. Also Dead Money has one of the best energy weapons in the game (there is a glitch that makes it so that you NEVER have to repair it.) Plus I like to quote Father Elijah since he's a big homicidal spergy goon.

The holorifle you get shoots 4 projectiles each with a really high chance to crit, so with 100 in energy weapons theirs a good chance you can 1 shot the legendary deathclaw if you hit him in the head with it.

It makes playing Dead Money on a science/energy weapons character pretty easy even on hardcore, as you will just run around vaporizing anything and everything.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Honest Hearts was good
Dead Money is good
New Vegas is good

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Flying Fortress posted:

chicks are way more likely to gently caress you if you've done a quest for them. video games stole this from real life.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I won't even consider a dude unless he's killed like at least seven praying mantises

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Flying Fortress posted:

seems to be the lesson here, yup

Really? I liked Honest Hearts, I liked the different vibe it had. Plus that one part where you get all drugged up up and have to fight the bear was cool.

Honest Hearts was cool but holy gently caress was I sick of that map by the end.

Still made sure to take like 500 of the psychedelic bushes back with me :getin:

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Yeah you've headshotted a bunch of Fiends from 2000 yards but have you done it while TRIPPING BALLS???

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

fallout 4 plox

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
I like 3 way more than New Vegas. DC was just a cooler post apocalyptic landscape. The desert? Who loving cares about the desert?

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Flying Fortress posted:

Red Lucy has pretty high standards in partners, but after collecting all the creature eggs she asked for I was able to prove my worth to her and I was rewarded sexily. Called me her "Hunter" too; pretty hot stuff.

Good luck.

Flying Fortress
Oct 23, 2008

Cool, thanks!

Hobohemian posted:

I like 3 way more than New Vegas. DC was just a cooler post apocalyptic landscape. The desert? Who loving cares about the desert?

I kinda liked just wandering around the desert, it was sorta meditative. Random exploration is one of the great parts of that game.

Speaking of DLCs, Point Lookout was great

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Now do the fuckbot quest.

naem
May 29, 2011

Hobohemian posted:

Yes! Both awesome games but if I wanted to shoot tin cans in a scrubby wilderness I wouldn't have left home

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
new vegas is like, one of the best games

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
3 is ruined by the fact it has very little to actually do, and DC is just a giant pile of rubble instead of a city so they might as well of set it anywere. Coolest part about it was the Enclave.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I've played through NV twenty times, and I find so much new stuff every time.
For instance: I never knew Red Lucy nor the Thorn even existed.
Not going to get any work done today. Thanks OP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying Fortress
Oct 23, 2008

Presto posted:

Now do the fuckbot quest.

Fisto? "Buzzz, whirrr...I...I can't feel my legs..."

kinky

e: hey, I have a question. If you do the Helios 1 quest and send power all over the Mojave, and then later try to recharge Euclid's C-Finder, it won't work huh? Because you need to channel all power to Archimedes I guess. Is there any way to re-direct the power after the fact?

I was going to use it to kill the Deathclaws at Quarry Junction but in the end I just plinked away at them from a distance with Ratslayer which also did the trick

Flying Fortress fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jan 12, 2015

• Locked thread