Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Honest Hearts was pretty fun and it has A Light Shining in Darkness which is a baller gun.

Drunk Nerds posted:

I've played through NV twenty times, and I find so much new stuff every time.
For instance: I never knew Red Lucy nor the Thorn even existed.
Not going to get any work done today. Thanks OP!

Yeah I missed the Thorn the first few play throughs also, it's hidden away a little bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Wicker Man posted:

It's funny because that one has a very stark love/hate divide. I can see why people hate it, but I personally love it when you are forced to scavenge and jury rig supplies and poo poo in order to survive and overcome the odds. Also Dead Money has one of the best energy weapons in the game (there is a glitch that makes it so that you NEVER have to repair it.) Plus I like to quote Father Elijah since he's a big homicidal spergy goon.

I enjoy the scavenging thing a lot, but I hate it because it really doesn't work well with the game's mechanics. Areas where you basically have to run a gauntlet before your head explodes aren't great when you can't sprint and you're constantly getting hung up on the environment. Not to mention the ghost people carrying on the long Bethesda DLC tradition of bullet-sponge enemies and the stupid invulnerable holograms. I want to like Dead Money, but it's like they built it with the goal of being as frustrating and annoying as possible.

Hobohemian posted:

I like 3 way more than New Vegas. DC was just a cooler post apocalyptic landscape. The desert? Who loving cares about the desert?

Agreed, I do enjoy the urban wasteland more than the Mojave. But it's a shame about pretty much everything else in that game.

naem
May 29, 2011

3 felt like you could wander more and discover things accidently, NV felt like it was on rails to me

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
it was super irritating in dm to lose all your gear and go through like 4 hours of fetch quests through poison gas and radios that make your head explode but it's a cool story and gets a lot more fun once you get into the sierra madre

plus i accidentally locked myself in the vault for eternity and got a game over and i love that

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

naem posted:

3 felt like you could wander more and discover things accidently, NV felt like it was on rails to me

I actually felt the opposite :confused:

I still find random surprises around the Mojave and I have played the game a lot

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

I never finished New Vegas, but I played the gently caress out of Fallout 3. One of these days I need to play Fallout and Fallout 2.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
She goes both ways that broad

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

7thBatallion posted:

I never finished New Vegas, but I played the gently caress out of Fallout 3. One of these days I need to play Fallout and Fallout 2.

This

Also NV kept crashing my 360 so I lost interest in it pretty quickly

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

GET MY BELT SON posted:

fallout 4 plox

no can do, would you like a boilerplate free to play fantasy mmo instead?

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

skaboomizzy posted:

This

Also NV kept crashing my 360 so I lost interest in it pretty quickly

that's unfortunate because it's better than fallout three in pretty much every way

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

mookface posted:

that's unfortunate because it's better than fallout three in pretty much every way

3 has some good moments but honestly, the change to the entire repair mechanics alone was enough to make NV several times better. If there was a way to change 3 to be more like NV in terms of the repair system I'd go through it again.

And you guys hating on the ghost people; sneak attacks with either the bear trap fist or the knife spear (clean) will 1 shot them. And aim for the limbs like in Dead space!

Or be super cheap and smuggle in the death claw hand from lonesome road and assemble the death claw gauntlet inside dead money (the ingredient is not removed from inventory).

Wicker Man fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jan 13, 2015

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Wicker Man posted:

3 has some good moments but honestly, the change to the entire repair mechanics alone was enough to make NV several times better. If there was a way to change 3 to be more like NV in terms of the repair system I'd go through it again.

And you guys hating on the ghost people; sneak attacks with either the bear trap fist will 1 shot them. And aim for the limbs like in Dead space!
the ghost people weren't the problem, that whole dlc was lovely dark

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I had eyestrain throughout the whole dlc

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Wicker Man posted:

And you guys hating on the ghost people; sneak attacks with either the bear trap fist will 1 shot them. And aim for the limbs like in Dead space!

I also found the fighting mechanics better too. I loved the iron sites and the broader variety of weapons. It wasn't quite so linear either. I like fallout 3 a ton but really NV tops it in every category aside from being buggy as gently caress sometimes.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

a hole-y ghost posted:

You can make ghost sight from all the wall sludge! Takes no skill to make.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

a hole-y ghost posted:

And that was the worst one. It wasn't mothership zeta bad but it was the worst of the NV DLC

Edit: yeah you can make pretty much all the ghost sight you want

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Wicker Man posted:

You can make ghost sight from all the wall sludge! Takes no skill to make.
poo poo i didn't know that

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

mookface posted:

And that was the worst one. It wasn't mothership zeta bad but it was the worst of the NV DLC
I loved the mormon DLC because the map looked different from other bethesda stuff

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

a hole-y ghost posted:

I loved the mormon DLC because the map looked different from other bethesda stuff

It had a nice pallette

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

mookface posted:

It had a nice pallette
it wasn't as flat either

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

shovelbum posted:

shake that bear

lol

Sax
Mar 30, 2008

I'm your coffee, pal! :coffeepal:
NV was great, but it was super weird when NPCs would complain about the NCR. Oh no, they made you fill out some forms and pay some taxes? Golly gee, that's terrible! Maybe you should join the other major political power, which is literally a rampaging horde of rapists that will kill half your family and enslave the rest.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

college newspapers have paid egg fetch quests

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Sax posted:

NV was great, but it was super weird when NPCs would complain about the NCR. Oh no, they made you fill out some forms and pay some taxes? Golly gee, that's terrible! Maybe you should join the other major political power, which is literally a rampaging horde of rapists that will kill half your family and enslave the rest.
im pretty sure thats realistic though.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Free side was different since even though it's a small town of squatters they despise NCR and want to stay independent.

naem
May 29, 2011

Once saw a scorpion glitch until it stretched the length of the entire map, still alive and screaming

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
ncr was all random summary executions and brutal military rule and only good in comparison to dudes who crucify ppl for reasons it's very topical very relevant

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp

naem posted:

Once saw a scorpion glitch until it stretched the length of the entire map, still alive and screaming

i had this happen to an entire camp of legionnaires once it was horrifying a dudes neck stretched out for half a mile just having a basic conversation about things

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Honest Hearts was the best DLC since it added that perk that gave you special dialogue options when talking to tribals where it was pretty much "LOL I DONT GIVE A gently caress ABOUT YOUR BOOGEYMAN BULLSHIT" and then you'd be able to immediately shoot them in the face

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Business Gorillas posted:

Honest Hearts was the best DLC since it added that perk that gave you special dialogue options when talking to tribals where it was pretty much "LOL I DONT GIVE A poo poo ABOUT YOUR BOOGEYMAN BULLSHIT" and then you'd be able to immediately shoot them in the face

I admit the " just shoot captain gobbledygook here" line had me rolling pretty hard.

The dancing stretched corpses flying through the sky from physics buggery always makes me start quick saving incase they bring the game down.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

why dont you guys post your screen shots, heres mine

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Running around with an Int 1 Courier is pretty funny at times.
Also Arcade is a little bit more sympathetic to your plight and treats you like the desert retard you are.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Running around with an Int 1 Courier is pretty funny at times.
Also Arcade is a little bit more sympathetic to your plight and treats you like the desert retard you are.
oh yeah i forgot about arcade

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
can anyone help me get rid of these black bars????

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
what

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

My space helmet is augmented.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

deathclaws catapaulting into the upper atmosphere was very upsetting to my companions

naem
May 29, 2011

After playing through a careful shooty character I went back and made an infinite strength puncher and broke the game murdering everything

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
I hear NV is better than Fallout 3 a lot but every time I tried NV I had to stop because I played so much 3 I just couldn't take anymore. I don't think there's anyway to fix that.

Same with skyrim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Dead Money I think carried it's theme the best out of all the DLC. The theme of "You have to let go" was in pretty much every facet of the story, characters, and so on.

Ending spoilers: I liked how at the end you have a huge pile of gold that you can sell for loads of caps. But you can't take it all with you without massively cheating. You gotta let (most of) it go.

New Vegas is the real Fallout 3. Anyone who doesn't pick the Wild Wasteland perk is playing the game wrong.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Jan 13, 2015

• Locked thread