Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Boone and ED-E were hands down the best companions to bring along. Half the time, poo poo would be dead before it could even blip your map and ED-E would be playing his happy battle music to commemorate the occasion. :3:

No poo poo, if you have high charisma you can just forget all your weapons at home and merrily walk around the Mojave, because those boys ain't leaving nothing for you to kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
You bitch if you use cheats in Fallout:NV unless it's for getting unstuck.

If they make a new Deus Ex game they should set it on mars or something 500 years into the future, because one of the best things about human revolution was it didn't try and suck Deus Ex's dick the entire time.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

didn't forums user rope kid work on new vegas? we should find him and force him to talk about what is currently going on

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

GET MY BELT SON posted:

didn't forums user rope kid work on new vegas? we should find him and force him to talk about what is currently going on

They are finishing Pillars of Eternity.

Edit: Which has nothing to do with Fallout other than being a RPG, I guess.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

ZearothK posted:

No poo poo, if you have high charisma you can just forget all your weapons at home and merrily walk around the Mojave, because those boys ain't leaving nothing for you to kill.

Not really, I found myself more often having to kill the big mean thing that was about to pulp us in 2 seconds while boone shoots at radscorpions and ede gets stuck on the world geometry.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Satsuki Kiryuin posted:

You bitch if you use cheats in Fallout:NV unless it's for getting unstuck.

If they make a new Deus Ex game they should set it on mars or something 500 years into the future, because one of the best things about human revolution was it didn't try and suck Deus Ex's dick the entire time.

i'd be ok with that, i just feel like invisible war is sitting there and sullying an otherwise good series. it has to be dealt with. i don't care if it's a cutscene with jc denton waking up and the text "it was all a dream," then fade to black

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

ZearothK posted:

They are finishing Pillars of Eternity.

Edit: Which has nothing to do with Fallout other than being a RPG, I guess.

I kind of feel like they're wasting time if that's the case

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Concerned Citizen posted:

i'd be ok with that, i just feel like invisible war is sitting there and sullying an otherwise good series. it has to be dealt with. i don't care if it's a cutscene with jc denton waking up and the text "it was all a dream," then fade to black

The only cool thing about invisible war was that it gave you the option to shoot the big man himself, JC and his brother Paul. Twice for JC.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Should be Denton choking on a pretzel after he became the world controlling AI and the world descending into a slow death.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Just do what I said and set it 500 years in the future on mars/some other planet and use the cool Deus Ex techno future dystopia conspiracy stuff, and maybe mention JC or Adam as mythical figures or something. Nothing is worse than a game that spends the entire run time sucking it's own franchises dick. I'm looking at you MGS4.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

At least MGS4 is so retarded that it's beyond entertaining, Deus Ex 2 was Snoozefest Central, Pearlboy Enterprises.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
part of the problem though is a big reason deus ex owns is because the world is not too dissimilar from our own. invisible war had the issue where they sent the game too far into the future and uncovering a conspiracy in some alien society is a lot less interesting than a conspiracy in hell's kitchen. the fact that the game referenced real world conspiracy theories like the illuminati and mj-12 made it much cooler.

you really can't just send it 500 years into the future. i think the original dx kind of wrote it all into a corner, but i think you could make a good sequel out of the tracer tong ending. much of the world collapses economically, but the environment is still somewhat familiar. all of the old power structures have collapsed so you aren't just digging up the same conspiracy you found in the first game.

Concerned Citizen fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jan 13, 2015

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I want a sequel where it's nothing but the insane Asian stereotypes.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

finally, someone who gets it

gently caress CAZADORS

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

JebanyPedal posted:

I want a sequel where it's nothing but the insane Asian stereotypes.

NOT ADVISABLE TO VISIT CANAL AT NIGHT

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

NOT ADVISABLE TO VISIT CANAL AT NIGHT

i knew there was a reason i was still holding this riot prod

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

*Stabs Asian in back with prod just to hear bloodcurdling scream.*

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

JebanyPedal posted:

At least MGS4 is so retarded that it's beyond entertaining, Deus Ex 2 was Snoozefest Central, Pearlboy Enterprises.

MGS4 is the way it is because 1. Kojima did not want to make it 2. He didn't want to make any more MGS games after it, and 3. Lack of ideas after 2 and 3.

They realized they had exactly 1 game to tie up every single plot thread in all of MGS, which is like 5 billion loving plot threads resulting in a story that's just snake standing in a room doing and saying nothing while a man/woman tells you about poo poo. The ending sums up the entire game, a person showing up in a insane retarded twist to just talk at you instead of actually doing anything meaningful or cool.

That said, I still love the MGS series and I am hyped as gently caress for V, I also enjoyed GZ and think Keifer is a better BB than Haytor was.

part of the problem though is a big reason deus ex owns is because the world is not too dissimilar from our own. invisible war had the issue where they sent the game too far into the future and uncovering a conspiracy in some alien society is a lot less interesting than a conspiracy in hell's kitchen. the fact that the game referenced real world conspiracy theories like the illuminati and mj-12 made it much cooler.

you really can't just send it 500 years into the future. i think the original dx kind of wrote it all into a corner, but i think you could make a good sequel out of the tracer tong ending. much of the world collapses economically, but the environment is still somewhat familiar. all of the old power structures have collapsed so you aren't just digging up the same conspiracy you found in the first game.

Yeah that's true and I wouldn't mind a post-apocalypse Dues Ex game, but you would really need to find a good writer to create a original story. Digging threw the previous story for scraps sucks and it's why so many unnecessary sequels are so painful.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Satsuki Kiryuin posted:

MGS4 is the way it is because 1. Kojima did not want to make it 2. He didn't want to make any more MGS games after it, and 3. Lack of ideas after 2 and 3.

They realized they had exactly 1 game to tie up every single plot thread in all of MGS, which is like 5 billion loving plot threads resulting in a story that's just snake standing in a room doing and saying nothing while a man/woman tells you about poo poo. The ending sums up the entire game, a person showing up in a insane retarded twist to just talk at you instead of actually doing anything meaningful or cool.

That said, I still love the MGS series and I am hyped as gently caress for V, I also enjoyed GZ and think Keifer is a better BB than Haytor was.

Yeah that's true and I wouldn't mind a post-apocalypse Dues Ex game, but you would really need to find a good writer to create a original story. Digging threw the previous story for scraps sucks and it's why so many unnecessary sequels are so painful.

That's because David Hayter's Solid Snake is a joke voice that was acceptable in the PS1 era but now just sounds retarded. It's good they got rid of him if they're actually trying to make more of a coherent and streamlined plot than the past games.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Satsuki Kiryuin posted:

Deus Ex: The Jojo Fine Story

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Day of Sex.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

JebanyPedal posted:

That's because David Hayter's Solid Snake is a joke voice that was acceptable in the PS1 era but now just sounds retarded. It's good they got rid of him if they're actually trying to make more of a coherent and streamlined plot than the past games.

He also wanted twice what they are paying Keifer, who is a loving famous actor.

bitcoin bastard posted:

Deus Ex: The Jojo Fine Story

Jojo but with sexy flexing augmented people sounds fun.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Satsuki Kiryuin posted:

Jojo but with sexy flexing augmented people sounds fun.

oh you bad

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I'd like Fallout 4 if it was still written by Obsidian and done in the Fox Engine

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

achillesforever6 posted:

I'd like Fallout 4 if it was still written by Obsidian and done in the Fox Engine

Should be written by Cavia and done in the New Super Mario Bros engine.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

JebanyPedal posted:

Should be written by Cavia and done in the New Super Mario Bros engine.

I would play a side scrolling Fallout.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
i always thought it was weird how the only way to get the good ending to the jojo fine subplot is to have the daughter witness her dad murder him right in front of her.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Written by kojima and created by Platinum Studios. You play as one of those crazy cyborgs.

naem
May 29, 2011

JebanyPedal posted:

Day of Sex.

I could use one of those

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvqYb4LNkB0&t=459s

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Someone get me that image of "JC A BOMB" with JC all tripping out.

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
best part about fo1 and fo2. a character with crazy luck but has the jinxed perk.

every battle was hilarious

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I found this while looking for that A BOMB picture.

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
also I want to mention I liked infinity war. it wasn't that bad and you could kill penguins

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
There's a glitch in New Vegas that you can still have sex with Red Lucy if you're character is a girl

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Ein cooler Typ posted:

There's a glitch in New Vegas that you can still have sex with Red Lucy if you're character is a girl

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Homosexuality is a glitch that must be hotfixed....

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
My favorite part of New Vegas was that goon who came into the thread all freaked out because he picked the "confirmed bachelor" perk and then the game called him gay.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Twitch posted:

My favorite part of New Vegas was that goon who came into the thread all freaked out because he picked the "confirmed bachelor" perk and then the game called him gay.

the icon is a dude on dude massage with a little heart, what the gently caress did he think it meant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Twitch posted:

Lmao, owned.

• Locked thread