Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Make sure to bring some rootbeer soda in case you get burned. Cheapest way to restore health.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Women can't get hot for you unless you are a killing machine.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

A Spider Covets posted:

i should probably actually play new vegas

It's good poo poo. Get all the DLC except honest hearts.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Flying Fortress posted:

I haven't, no. I like her, she's sassy and her new outfit is pretty trampy. Still, the no skin thing is a little off-putting

But she clearly stays in good shape with all those exposed muscles :mrgw:

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

A Spider Covets posted:

what's wrong with honest hearts? just curious. i didnt even know NV had DLC.

Story wise it's not too bad, but it's a combination of the environment, the enemies, and even the quests you do that make it feel weak. It just seems very dull in comparison to the other DLC. Plus in my experience, this DLC seems to crash the most (Old World Blues does too, but it's fixable). Mainly you get to meet the Burned Man and learn all about him and his past. He's a pretty cool character, for what it's worth.

If you like the idea of playing in a more nature-y environment away from cities and laboratories, with tribals and wild beasts being your enemies, go for it. The little side-story of "the man in the caves" is pretty sad. But other than that, I just found this one the most boring.

Oh and the perks and equipment you get from this one aren't all that great.

Mimetic posted:

Yeah Dead Money is pretty poo poo.

It's funny because that one has a very stark love/hate divide. I can see why people hate it, but I personally love it when you are forced to scavenge and jury rig supplies and poo poo in order to survive and overcome the odds. Also Dead Money has one of the best energy weapons in the game (there is a glitch that makes it so that you NEVER have to repair it.) Plus I like to quote Father Elijah since he's a big homicidal spergy goon.

Wicker Man fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jan 12, 2015

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

mookface posted:

that's unfortunate because it's better than fallout three in pretty much every way

3 has some good moments but honestly, the change to the entire repair mechanics alone was enough to make NV several times better. If there was a way to change 3 to be more like NV in terms of the repair system I'd go through it again.

And you guys hating on the ghost people; sneak attacks with either the bear trap fist or the knife spear (clean) will 1 shot them. And aim for the limbs like in Dead space!

Or be super cheap and smuggle in the death claw hand from lonesome road and assemble the death claw gauntlet inside dead money (the ingredient is not removed from inventory).

Wicker Man fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jan 13, 2015

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

a hole-y ghost posted:

I had eyestrain throughout the whole dlc

You can make ghost sight from all the wall sludge! Takes no skill to make.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Free side was different since even though it's a small town of squatters they despise NCR and want to stay independent.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Business Gorillas posted:

Honest Hearts was the best DLC since it added that perk that gave you special dialogue options when talking to tribals where it was pretty much "LOL I DONT GIVE A poo poo ABOUT YOUR BOOGEYMAN BULLSHIT" and then you'd be able to immediately shoot them in the face

I admit the " just shoot captain gobbledygook here" line had me rolling pretty hard.

The dancing stretched corpses flying through the sky from physics buggery always makes me start quick saving incase they bring the game down.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

My space helmet is augmented.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

JebanyPedal posted:

I like that you can murder anyone.

For real. In the end you can still finish just fine, you just lose the OPTION for some endings.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

GET MY BELT SON posted:

I always got lost or stuck in fo3 in some of those maze like bunkers

nv is supreme in every way

Getting to the radio station the first time around is a real bitch. Even with the compass markers and the chalk on the walls it got confusing.

Also, because you got a perk with every single level in FO3, it feels like you become super powerful a little too quickly. NV was more of a throwback with the delayed perk, even if it was just every other level.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

JebanyPedal posted:

Bullet sponge supermutants EVERYWHERE.

gently caress that, the mother loving reaver ghouls. No naked, skinless being should be able to withstand more damage than an APC. Or mutant swamp-billies.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Toriori posted:

Insane lonely women ship their chars with Boone but he loves Carla and only Carla

Boone was ugly as gently caress.

Raul was the real dream boat.

Satsuki Kiryuin posted:

Boone is legit the best human companion in the game, and the only one that doesn't act like a bitch. EDE is the best companion overall tho. Boone + EDE is the best traveling party.

Also lol killing that dog head guy when you first meet him is so funny because the legion sends assassins with high end end game equipment and armor making life a living hell, I still do it every time tho.

I think pissing off the NCR was waaaay more satisfying. Miss "I'm wearing shades, so that means I can kick your rear end" ranger getting all up in your grill with that "you got 3 days to SAY SORRY" poo poo, then you smack her down a few pegs...

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

JebanyPedal posted:

Sulik slamming on nuts so hard people get critted and slide across the floor and then slowly have blood pool out from under their dead corpse.

Real pros made him and marcus go "rush up close then burst fire like a bloodthirsty maniac"

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Satsuki Kiryuin posted:

Playing on hardcore mode makes melee companions useless hth.

Only if you can't keep an eye on them. Also as weird as it sounds, "grandma" Lilith was actually nastier at range.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Satsuki Kiryuin posted:

You already have to constantly quick save because one errant deathclaw can kill your companions in like 2 seconds, and said companion actually rushing into battle over mines and headless of other enemies sucks.

I NEVER let my teammates fight deathclaws, those things suck.

Satchel charges and rockets all the way.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

StashAugustine posted:

i always play on hardcore but set my companions to essential, it's bullshit getting them killed after they decide to punch cazadors to death for no reason

Strategically use the wait command.

"I WONT LET YOU HURT MY BABIES"

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

mookface posted:

I never liked playing with companions anyways. Get to kill less poo poo? That sucks.

Lord Death of Murder Mountain is a nice title, anyhow.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Flying Fortress posted:

whoah, I must've missed that quest

It gets canceled if you've already recruited FISTO.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

GET MY BELT SON posted:

speaking of fallout 4 can we get a new deus ex game this year

Don't be a fool, ve vill only get lemon-lime.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Concerned Citizen posted:

agreed. how about a remake of invisible war except totally re-write the story and make it good this time

And the name. It's like a rainbow six mission name.

"Mission is to gently caress up this dude in his house who has ties to terrorist. Operation purple gorilla!"

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Concerned Citizen posted:

i'd be ok with that, i just feel like invisible war is sitting there and sullying an otherwise good series. it has to be dealt with. i don't care if it's a cutscene with jc denton waking up and the text "it was all a dream," then fade to black

The only cool thing about invisible war was that it gave you the option to shoot the big man himself, JC and his brother Paul. Twice for JC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Business Gorillas posted:

fiends were considered evil too, so you'd get positive karma just for defending yourself

In NV if your karma gets even slightly neutral, sneak attacking anyone that's not a soldier/civilian/wild beast fixes that for you. Sniping fiends is a great way to turn you into a saint overnight, so don't worry if you let a surviving family of vault dwellers perish in a radiation pit for better crops topside.

• Locked thread