Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
She goes both ways that broad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

skaboomizzy posted:

This

Also NV kept crashing my 360 so I lost interest in it pretty quickly

that's unfortunate because it's better than fallout three in pretty much every way

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Wicker Man posted:

3 has some good moments but honestly, the change to the entire repair mechanics alone was enough to make NV several times better. If there was a way to change 3 to be more like NV in terms of the repair system I'd go through it again.

And you guys hating on the ghost people; sneak attacks with either the bear trap fist will 1 shot them. And aim for the limbs like in Dead space!

I also found the fighting mechanics better too. I loved the iron sites and the broader variety of weapons. It wasn't quite so linear either. I like fallout 3 a ton but really NV tops it in every category aside from being buggy as gently caress sometimes.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

a hole-y ghost posted:

I had eyestrain throughout the whole dlc

And that was the worst one. It wasn't mothership zeta bad but it was the worst of the NV DLC

Edit: yeah you can make pretty much all the ghost sight you want

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

a hole-y ghost posted:

I loved the mormon DLC because the map looked different from other bethesda stuff

It had a nice pallette

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I like the shooting mechanics of new Vegas way more too.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I chose energy weapons the first time around and it starts out gimped but becomes OP as gently caress once you have a plasma rifle and dead enclave start providing an unlimited supply of ammo. Then I played unarmed which was fun. Small Guns would be great if finding the specific ammo for my weapon of choice wasn't a pain in the rear end.

That's the problem with fo3. You use pretty much the Chinese assault rifle exclusively until you get a plasma rifle / energy weapons going. My favourite weapon in that game was the Lincoln repeater and new Vegas had a lot more guns that were technical like that. I had a lot of fun with all of the technical guns with a low rate of fire and NV has a lot of those.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Yeah, first time I ran into that guy I just couldn't let him walk away from that. Luckily I picked up a grenade launcher from an earlier quest and timed my shots just right.

I plant a grenade in his pocket. His guys with him in nipton are bitches. It's his death squads afterwards

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I never liked playing with companions anyways. Get to kill less poo poo? That sucks.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Flying Fortress posted:

tbh I never really understood how karma was supposed to work in FNV. It seemed a little more straight forward in F3 but in NV it just seems so abstract. Does it really serve a purpose or affect anything?

It's senseless and they could have gotten rid of it. In fallout 3 it wasn't bad because having negative karma wasn't necessarily bad. You could eat people and poo poo and it made you eligible for certain perks as well. Also stealing poo poo all the time really helps out. It shouldn't even have been in NV because of the faction reputation aspect, which I though was way more interesting anyway.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Satsuki Kiryuin posted:

Having done legion runs and still ended up with good karma, I'm not really to sure how the gently caress your supposed to get bad karma other than just killing entire towns for fun, and stealing ever tin can in the game.

It doesn't impact it. Whether a town or faction hates you or not is more important to the rest of the game. There are a couple instances where you don't lose karma for killing certain NPC's (maybe even enemies I don't remember) but you lose karma for taking something off their desk.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Business Gorillas posted:

fiends were considered evil too, so you'd get positive karma just for defending yourself

I like how on FO3 you can be the most despicable piece of poo poo going and then just give that hobo some water and its all good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Flying Fortress posted:

Somehow I lost my Thump-Thump grenade launcher. I've checked with the merchants and I haven't accidently sold it, and it's not in my weapons storage locker in Novac. Must've accidently dropped it, or used it to repair the Mercenary Grenade Rifle or something. loving lame.

I accidentally did this with the terrible shotgun in FO3 and in was super pissed about that.

• Locked thread