Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Welcome to the competitive League of Legends thread for the Spring 2015 Season, and beyond! If you haven't been keeping up lately, this is a good place to start. The North America and European regions have expanded to a total of 10 teams, along with a new points system to ensure a more streamlined path into World's. Riot has also brought the other two major regions, Korea and China closer under it's umbrella and is now broadcasting the Chinese LPL and Korean OGN on their Twitch.TV channel for free. No longer will the mysterious Chinese land of pandas be shrouded in mist.

Here's the starting dates for every region:
Korean Champions: In Progress (Games played every Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday night.)
China LPL: January 16th
EU LCS: January 22nd
NA LCS: January 24th

Before we get into all the major team and region changes, here are some important links to bookmark for the new season:
Abios Gaming: Spiritual successor to eSportsCalendar. Tells you when competitive matches are going to be played, as a bonus lets you know about other competitive games and high viewer streams of professional players.
eSportsPedia: Actual successor to Leaguepedia when all the original staff left that site and formed this one. Encyclopedia of Professional League Knowledge.
LoL eSports: Riot's official site for Competitive Play.
Reddit: LoL Event Vods: The very best place to get spoiler free VoD of competitive games, updated minutes after they finish, especially good for any games played out of your time zone.
Tumblr: OGN Builds: A guy who is dedicated to syndicating in English the rune and mastery pages from Korean competitive matches which are posted online in Korean [1] [2]

Are you looking for the main League of Legends discussion thread? Click here!

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jan 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The LCS (North America/Europe)
  • The LCS (North America & Europe) has expanded! Each split will now feature 10 teams!
  • A brand new point circuit, to give more importance on performing well all season long.
  • Automatic relegation to the 10th place team, relegation series for 8-9, automatic qualification for first and second, and playoff series for 3-6. The seventh place team goes home and does nothing.

• Large, sweeping roster changes!
  • Cloud9 remains the exception, retaining their entire roster and looks stronger than ever.
  • CLG remains underwhelming as always, poaching Dig's Scarra and ZionSpartan, and replacing their jungler with former XDG player, Xmithie
  • TSM, the John Cena of E-Sports, has replaced Amazing with a very jittery Santorin, who led TSM to a defeat by a very recent Challenger-turned-LCS team, Unicorns of Love.
  • Curse Gaming has been re-branded Team Liquid, and gotten sweet new jackets. Liquid picks up Season 3 World Champion, Piglet to replace Cop and former Jin Air toplaner FeniX (Miso) as their midlaner to replace a retiring Voyboy.
  • Curse Academy has been re-branded Team Gravity (Without sweet jackets). This team is composed mostly of former Curse and CLG rejects, lead by Cop and Saint Vicious.
  • LMQ has lost most of its roster and been re-branded Team Impulse. XaioWeiXaio, the only surviving member of LMQ is joined by three relative unknown players and Season 3 World Champion Impact
  • Evil Genius has been re-branded Team Winterfox (With a very sweet logo). The Korean dream lives on in the hearts of Winterfox, who field five Korean players. They've picked up three new players and dumped Innox.
  • Dignitas have lost their heart, IMAQTPIE to retirement, their smile, Scarra, and their cultural diversity, Zionspartan due to illegal poaching. Replacing the two players are two Koreans, one of which is a former Samsung Blue substitute.
  • Team Coast who never can seem to decide which gimmick to keep, has built a team around EU players Jessiz and Impaler, with former LCS scrubs Sheep, Mash, and Cris filling the roster out
  • Team8 who is actually the only legitimate armature team from the expansion tournament to make it into the LCS, fields four rookie players and Oddone's ugly little brother, Maplestreet

• Copenhagen Wolves replace only one member of their old roster, fielding midlaner SorenXD as Cowtard moves to sub.
  • Alliance has been re-branded Elements without any relation to the mediocre CLG player. The biggest news is the pickup of FNatic's Rekkles as their new ADC
  • FNatic has been rebuilt after all players except YellowStar leave the team, fielding two unknown Korean players and poaching H2k's Febiven.
  • Gambit Gaming has only two remaining members of the original roster, Diamond & EdWard, plus last season's addition NiQ but the two new players on the roster helped carry Gambit to a win at IEM Cologne recently.
  • Giants! is a team of amateurs from Spain, of which I've never heard of nor seen play. It's EU, they'll somehow end up beating the top 3 teams a couple times.
  • H2k Gaming were team of amateurs in the Challenger Scene who looked very strong, until their midlaner was poached by Fnatic. They've replaced him with Ryu, who seemingly grows weaker the further away from Faker he is.
  • Supa Hot Crew XD has unfortunately been re-branded MeetYourMakers and has replaced their jungler with former SKT T1 player H0R0 who does alright regardless of proximity to Faker.
  • SK Gaming, although now housing two giant racist shitheads Forg1ven (New to the team) and Svenskeren, look to be one of the strongest teams this season. I feel bad for Nrated and literal Werewolf Freddie for having to live with them.
  • Roccat and here's the punchline: Roccat fields yet another former toxic player Nukeduck, but the team remains exciting to watch because of their bizarre, out of meta picks.
  • Unicorns of Love, the spiritual successors to Dignitas, will probably break our hearts over and over, but as a recently promoted Challenger team, they managed to absolutely stomp TSM with a jungle Twisted Fate.
  • The saddest swap of all, Deman and Joe have left the EU LCS announce team.

OGN The LCK (Korea)
  • New format! The season has been extended, giving us more games. All games will now be played in a Best of 3 format, and there will be 5 games a week, and a total of over 50 Best of 3 matches this season
  • OGN has been re-branded as the LCK and moved closer under Riot's umbrella. All games will be broadcast free, and on-demand through Riot's official Twitch.tv channel.
  • Korea has imploded! Mass pilgrimage of roughly half of last seasons players, including all players from 2014 Season 4 champions Samsung White, and their third-place sisters Samsung Blue leaving the Korean region.
  • Organizations have all been merged into a singular team. Organizations may have up to 10 players total, and can switch players in between each game in a Best of 3 set.

• SKT T1 has taken most of T1 S's roster, with Faker. They regularly swap between Faker and Easyhoon between sets, generally when one or the other loses lane after blind picking Xareth mid.
  • Naijin emFire has two sets of AD/Support players that are sometimes swapped around. The team is still composed mostly of Naijin Shield players from last season.
  • CJ Entus is still a very stubborn team that sticks to their players. They've lost Flame to China, but their starting roster is still the CJ players you'd expect to see (Shy, Ambition, Coco, Space, Madlife) with some random subs.
  • Samsung fields the biggest surprise, picks up four unknown rookies from Solo Queue + the substitute support from SKT last season and created a very explosive, fun to watch team of newcomers. Not a single member of the old Samsung team remains
  • Incredible Miracle are still the gate-keepers of last place. They have fans I guess. Don't expect them to top 7th.
  • Jin Air Green Wings retain much of their core roster, and will probably remain in the middle of the pack but show signs of strength. They're about as Curse Gaming as Korea gets.
  • KT Rolster a mishmash of the KT Organization without any their star players.
  • GE Tigers is a new team, but features a whole lot NaiJin Black Sword members. Their bottom lane of PraY and GorillA look to be one of the stronger bottom lanes in Korea. They have no jackets and all wear neat matching sweaters.

LPL (China)
  • Now sponsored by Riot Games. The region will no longer be largely shrouded in mystery, and will appear on Riot's Twitch.TV channel with a new English casting team.
  • The scene has exploded, with almost every team fielding on average 3 Korean veterans who have left their region to come to a more profitable, easier region in China.
  • The Format remains similar to the past, which isn't entirely relevant since it was so hard to see them play in the first place. New visibility + Korean Allstars making their pilgrimage makes this arguably the most exciting region to watch.
  • The entire Samsung Organization last year from World's (Blue and White) have moved to China and been split into as many Chinese teams as they could fit in.
  • Apparently China loves the New York Yankees and multiple teams have plastered the logo on their jersey for no discernible reason.
  • All information on the LPL was taken directly from LiquidLegends.

• EdWard Gaming, back to back champions of the Chinese LPL have picking up Samsung's Pawn and Deft who will join last year's impressive Chinese top laner Koro1
  • OMG remains the only top-four Chinese team without a single Korean player, but not without roster changes. UZI the Chinese All-Star ADC will be joining the team (With rumors of his disdain for playing with Koreans during season 4 worlds)
  • Supa Hot Starhorn Royal Club, two-time runners up at World's will be replacing Uzi with a lateral move in Namei (Who was considered at the same level as Imp, Deft, and Uzi) joining InSec, Cola, Corn, and Zero.
  • LGD-Gaming will be fielding Acorn & Imp, while keeping pretty boy Flame as their substitute top laner. They will be joining three Chinese players who didn't make it to World's last year :(
  • Invictus Gaming are a name that pops up often, competing in many tournaments. They've picked up Save and KaKao as their starters, with Rookie as their substitute mid-laner.
  • Master3 which is apparently the shady sister team to World Elite who were told to rebrand but still have a similar logo and jersey. They field Looper and Dade, two All-Stars from Samsung last year at World's.
  • Team King who will be a bottom tier Chinese team notable only for wearing New York Yankee uniforms.
  • Snake will be fielding two relatively unknown Korean players, Beast and Ella.
  • World Elite will be starting Samsung Blue's former jungler Spirit as well as retaining Ninja, former Prime member and Styz, who is coming off a 6 month ban.
  • Energy Pacemaker will probably be a bottom 4 Chinese team with a funny name.
  • GT Club will probably be a bottom 4 Chinese team with very colorful uniforms.
  • Vici gaming will probably be the stand-out team this year, fielding MVP Samsung White players Dandy and Mata, Samsung Blue's former support Heart as a substitute, as well as former LMQ's Vasilii. With the two best players from last year's World Championships, it will be an upset not to see this team in the top 3.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jan 12, 2015

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Fantasy LCS starts sometime this week, which means we need to start gathering up people for Leagues. If nothing's changed, if you're not there for a draft the CPU will automatically pick a player for you. It's usually really good, and goes for statistically the best player available at the time, but sometimes does silly stuff like drafts you first round Gleeb because his projected stats are great.

I'm gathering players for a high-stakes League where the winner will get a Mystery Gift from every single participant. 7 Mystery Gifts. Quite a hefty load there, it also makes your players' performance mean a whole lot now that you have something riding on it.

We had a fantasy topic last year, but after the season started it was largely abandoned until the end of the split. People suggested it because of the spam that people crying about how much Krepo let you down would flood the GDT but it wasn't that bad, so until we have people complaining we'll just play in here.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jan 12, 2015

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Nice work. My only recommendation would be changing the forums tag to Event or Video instead of Let's Play. I'm not sure which is the standard for watching threads, but I'm pretty sure it's one of those two.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Libertine posted:

Nice work. My only recommendation would be changing the forums tag to Event or Video instead of Let's Play. I'm not sure which is the standard for watching threads, but I'm pretty sure it's one of those two.
Have to report the thread to do that, I don't think it's a huge deal. I'm also actually supposed to be at work and...working.

Other than Zionspartan being spelled incorrectly I'll probably go back and update some of the quick team bios, and link to the official bios that Riot uses. Thought about putting team icons in there too but I'd hit the image limit way too fast and I don't have the OCD to paste it all into photoshop and make one, nice image. I'm not good at Desktop publishing.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

You can just PM a mod of the forum it's in and they can change it.

You didn't close the first [b tag for Giants! in the 2nd post and this is obviously the best time to address that also!

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i thought forgiven was just a massive rage babby instead of a racist but i'm not 100% on this

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Lovechop posted:

i thought forgiven was just a massive rage babby instead of a racist but i'm not 100% on this
Was that he or nukeduck that was banned for sending a really racist message to his friends and someone sent it to Riot and got them punished? Either way, I remember Forg1ven raging like hell so regardless of his status as an open racist, he was most recently an idiot who got punished for being mean. There was that one post-game where you could see him on the player cam screaming at everyone on his team that went on for like 2 minutes before they cut away.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Nukeduck was the racist. Forgiven is just an angry rear end in a top hat.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
As someone that hasn't followed anything League since the end of the season all the team roster changes in OP are fantastic! I had no clue that many roster changes happened.

I'm pretty excited for the season to start up again.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Flameingblack posted:

Was that he or nukeduck that was banned for sending a really racist message to his friends and someone sent it to Riot and got them punished? Either way, I remember Forg1ven raging like hell so regardless of his status as an open racist, he was most recently an idiot who got punished for being mean. There was that one post-game where you could see him on the player cam screaming at everyone on his team that went on for like 2 minutes before they cut away.

it was Nuke and Mithy that got banned. I don't think forgiven got punished for anything but yeah he was the one who raged out like a motherfucker on his own team. the guy seems like a giant donglord but he's a really sick player so I'm looking forward to seeing what SK are like with him.

alliance (elements lol), roccat and SK are gonna be monsters imo

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Digital Jedi posted:

As someone that hasn't followed anything League since the end of the season all the team roster changes in OP are fantastic! I had no clue that many roster changes happened.

I'm pretty excited for the season to start up again.
There's even a whole lot more than that, but some of the teams were just replacing unknowns with more unknowns and it wasn't worth mentioning. A lot of teams are important Korean Solo Queue players too, a lot of which might have been scouted or been substitutes on a team but never had much exposure.

Most of the players left Korea because they were getting offers much, much, much higher than what they'd be making in Korea + retaining the ability to stream solo queue and practice a whole lot less. Korea has the best infrastructure but apparently has the worst payout of any region. They're taking steps to fix this though, OGN is giving out large amounts of money to MVP players each week, all season long, and the teams are getting paid a much better salary + payout from winning splits than before. Doa and Monte keep calling this "Korea 2.0" which is entirely true. There's a few teams that are mostly unchanged, but almost every single big star left the region, except for Faker.

As far as the story in NA goes, teams are filling up with old players who "retired" for a while, like the former Curse Academy, and filling in the gaps with players who might have been temporary or substitutes on teams like CLG that never would have had a shot on those teams.
Europe is filling up with new talent all the time, teams like Compenhagen Wolves seem to pick up great players all the time, only to have them taken by another team or region.

I'll never be able to say Alliance's new team name without thinking of Elementz

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Lovechop posted:

it was Nuke and Mithy that got banned. I don't think forgiven got punished for anything but yeah he was the one who raged out like a motherfucker on his own team. the guy seems like a giant donglord but he's a really sick player so I'm looking forward to seeing what SK are like with him.

alliance (elements lol), roccat and SK are gonna be monsters imo
He used to get talked about on Summoning Insight a bit and was on there once himself. The dudes a huge rager cause all he wants is to get better and win and if his team doesn't work on that same level he doesn't see the point, or something?

Like he used to rage out on CW because basically they didn't have the drive to be the best in EU or something.

Agree on the EU teams looking good this split, Elements is a loving poo poo name too.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
Another season to watch the one I love throw her soft drink at the monitor in rage because her husbandos are losing.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Flipswitch posted:

He used to get talked about on Summoning Insight a bit and was on there once himself. The dudes a huge rager cause all he wants is to get better and win and if his team doesn't work on that same level he doesn't see the point, or something?

Like he used to rage out on CW because basically they didn't have the drive to be the best in EU or something.
yeah, I changed my mind a bit about him after I saw the interview with him and Thorin, 'cause iirc that game was against Gambit and CW to decide who would get demoted and at the end of this huge deciding match Amazing just jumped into their entire team for no reason and died. their whole team was incredibly bad and I think he just snapped because he seems like one of those dudes who would kill himself practicing while the rest of the team weren't too bothered. doesn't completely excuse his being a bellend but I can understand a bit better. wonder what he'll be like on a decent team anyway.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
ill put my hat in the ring for high stakes fantasy league, just let me know when invites or whatever are going out

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
I'm also up for high stakes fantasy league if there's room, or will run another league (high stakes or not) myself if the first one is full :p

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Lovechop posted:

yeah, I changed my mind a bit about him after I saw the interview with him and Thorin, 'cause iirc that game was against Gambit and CW to decide who would get demoted and at the end of this huge deciding match Amazing just jumped into their entire team for no reason and died. their whole team was incredibly bad and I think he just snapped because he seems like one of those dudes who would kill himself practicing while the rest of the team weren't too bothered. doesn't completely excuse his being a bellend but I can understand a bit better. wonder what he'll be like on a decent team anyway.
Probably the same. If nRated or Svenskeren go full retard he'll probably go on a killing spree.

Their new line up goes look awesome though and despite two of the players being shitheads (forg1ven and svenskeren) they'll be entertaining to watch.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
if anyone makes a high stakes EU fantasy thing i dare you to challenge me. i picked the entire dignitas roster last season and i'm not afraid to do it again.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Lovechop posted:

if anyone makes a high stakes EU fantasy thing i dare you to challenge me. i picked the entire dignitas roster last season and i'm not afraid to do it again.

Were you winning fantasy league lose up until you lost ?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Being able to sub during BO3 has made OGN quite a bit more interesting to me, although we haven't seen any teams with rosters who can really take advantage of it so far or need to. Other than the weird SKT pocket pick where they get way too confident and then bench the mid for no reason. That has been very next level.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Lovechop posted:

"I'm just too passionate about winning" and "my team is just too bad for me" is like the most solo queue excuse for being toxic.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

rabidsquid posted:

Being able to sub during BO3 has made OGN quite a bit more interesting to me, although we haven't seen any teams with rosters who can really take advantage of it so far or need to. Other than the weird SKT pocket pick where they get way too confident and then bench the mid for no reason. That has been very next level.

SKT seems to have been alternating Faker-Easyhoon-Faker-Easyhoon. It's not so much random as evenly spaced. I hope EasyHoon finds a good home, the guy is as good as anyone not named Faker.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

I expressed interest in the last thread, but totally in for the "high stakes" fantasy league. Need to get my fix now that football is over.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Easyhoon seems to be much better than Faker on siege type champions, which seems to be more what SKT needs in the lineups they are running. From their first 5 games it's very clear that they prioritize Xerath very highly (more highly than any other team it seems like, they've taken it in 60% of their matches) and Easyhoon appears to be much more comfortable on that champion than Faker. I think it's an extension on his old Ziggs mastery, he's just a really excellent player of long-range mages.

Faker is much better on assassins and big play type champions because his rapid decision-making is just superior to almost any other player in the world. He had a great game on Leblanc so far this season and really unimpressive games on Xerath and Ahri.

Additionally, when Faker is in the lineup, enemy teams seem to be camping mid to shut him down but Faker isn't getting the same level of jungle support he used to when he and Bengi were basically attached at the hip. When Easyhoon is in the lineup he gets a lot more reign from the enemy team and they usually pay for it. I think they are both excellent players who have completely different styles which compliments different things SKT is trying to run. It also makes sense that Easyhoon is more comfortable early in the season, because this team that is now SKT is basically SKT T1S with Bengi in the jungle and sometimes Faker. The rest of team K is all gone.

Mashed Potato
Aug 29, 2008
I'm a huge fan of the new substitution rule in OGN. Hope it gets introduced to EU/NA/China ASAP. I think it adds a lot to the strategic flexibility of teams and makes for more interesting series.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

It's specifically blind picking Xareth every first game for no discernible reason, it doesn't matter if it's Easyhoon or Faker they both do it every single Game 1.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
what are "high stakes" and can they be higher

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

curiousCat posted:

what are "high stakes" and can they be higher
That's where everyone agrees that they'll pay a mystery gift to the winner. If you win Fantasy E-Sports you get 7 mystery gifts. Also, don't bet on E-Sports.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Flameingblack posted:

That's where everyone agrees that they'll pay a mystery gift to the winner. If you win Fantasy E-Sports you get 7 mystery gifts. Also, don't bet on E-Sports.

My significant other has told me I have a gambling problem but I keep bringing money back from poker so I don't know if it's a real problem

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

curiousCat posted:

My significant other has told me I have a gambling problem but I keep bringing money back from poker so I don't know if it's a real problem

it's only a problem if you're losing imo

infact let's bet cash money on fantasy lcs, always all in on CLG

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Lovechop posted:

it's only a problem if you're losing imo

infact let's bet cash money on fantasy lcs, always all in on CLG

Ah the old Cash Losing Game.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I am also totally down with Fantasy LCS: High Stakes mode. I KNIW NOTHING I WILL LOSE

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Libertine posted:

Ah the old Cash Losing Game.

no way dude, now they've fixed [old problem] with [newer, bigger problem] nothing can go wrong!!

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
I always try to throw this out in these threads, though I don't have the time to keep up with them, but I write about esports for the Daily Dot and Lolesports. If anybody has questions or wants to work in the industry but doesn't know how, feel free to drop me a line. I've stepped a little bit away from LoL this year but am still keeping close tabs on it, and since Riot has me on contract it's pretty easy to get answers to any random questions y'all might have, if any.

Also I can invite people to the Competitive League Chat Skype Group (currently named saved on my client as "XDG Banner Bearers") where people can talk about games happening, share news, and make Teemo jokes. Just poke me there (Frgrbrgr or just search for Ferguson Mitchell) and say you want in the league goon chat and I'll add ya.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Alex Ich is now a sub for Team8

Is this real life?

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

As if I need more reasons to root for Team 8! :)

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Here's some bonus information about the NA Challenger scene for anyone who cares:

The challenger ladders just locked and the top 16 teams will play Bo3s to get in. There will be 4 brackets and the winner from each will get in. They will be joined by the 2 remaining teams from the expansion tourney, in this case Fusion and Final five.

Fusion dropped Gleeb and Maknoon and have gone with TranceTherapy, a challenger NA support, and Chunkyfresh, the team's sub, for support and top respectively.
My thoughts: While Maknoon was a massive carry when he was on the ball he had an abysmal Expansion finals vs Coast, same with Gleeb. Huhi and Nien could be developed into a solid pair of carries too, if the team can be coached out of choking. They recently did well against their challenger peers in the NESL tourney too and have a good chance of hitting 1st in NACS and auto-qualifying.

Final Five dropped the toxic Prototype Black as well as jungler ShorterACE (who had a meh series), and replaced them with Oceanic ADC Veritas from Avant Garde. Their Jungler has yet to be revealed.
My thoughts: Veritas, who looked good in the OCE tournaments, is a good upgrade from Prototype, both for play and PR reasons. The lack of a jungler in NA's shallow jungler pool will set them back though.They havent played much so it's hard to tell if they'll really do well.

Despite the dilution of the scene there's still interesting teams forming for the upcoming series, here's a few to watch.

-Roar; which is being coached by China expert Frostkurrin with Richard Mirkie. It features PhaseKiller(Korean challenger top and Heimerdinger expert), Inori (NA carry-style jungler from NME), Spicy (Aka Xaisu, Chinese midlaner from Energy Pacemaker Carries, an LSPL team), Chaox, and Yuno(female challenger support, was on Curse Academy).
My thoughts: I'm most interested in this team, they scouted well to get KR/CN players who could communicate well. Chaox is a big question mark, but if Frost and Mirkie can coach them well they have a chance to be solid.

-MSI Dragon Knights, a team featuring ex-CLG top Seraph, NA Jungler Kez(of Complexity),Korean challenger player Kyle(last seen on VTG in the OGN qualifiers), LouisXGeegee on AD and KonKwon on support.
Thoughts: They did well in the recent NESL tourney and Kez, Seraph and Kyle both have LAN experience and their solo laners stand up decently at this tier. Not expecting tons but they could challenge for top 3.

-Cloud 9 G2A, C9's new challenger team featuring Soloking at top, Hard on jungle, Yusui in mid, LOD on AD and Stixxay moving to Support.
My thoughts: LOD and Yusui were quite good on LOLPro, and Soloking has been a decent challenger top for some months. I don't know Hard and Stixxay, who was an ADC before, has to prove he's a good support. They will benefit from C9's coaching though as Charlie is heading the team.

There's also Alex Ich's rumored challenger team, Beast, but there's no indication about him playing yet. We Love Shakira, the challenger team that has the players he's rumored to be playing with, is ranked high enough to get into NACS qualifiers so he could join up with them. Alex becoming a T8 sub cements his presence in NA too.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Flameingblack posted:

[*]TSM, the John Cena of E-Sports, has replaced Amazing with a very jittery Santorin, who led TSM to a defeat by a very recent Challenger-turned-LCS team, Unicorns of Love.

Let's go Cena

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cena sucks

can i get a link to the jungle TF game?

• Locked thread