Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

BigBoss posted:

Sadly he's better than 90% of rappers out there now.

noooooooope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
never listened, just youtubed, reasons obvious

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I'm gonna wager a guess that it has something to do with that stupid loving name

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
im sorry i cant loving get over the guy who said cg was in the top 10% of rappers

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

im sorry i cant loving get over the guy who said cg was in the top 10% of rappers
Can't get over how right he was?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i like that i get to be a hipster gently caress about a hipster gently caress artist. i got really really into childish gambino for his earlier stuff. yes he relied pretty heavily on his comedy writing abilities and punchline rap, but i loved it. i thought he was a funny guy and was really enjoying his stuff. i mean come on, "made the beat then murdered it; casey anthony", that's just fun.

i saw him like 5 or 6 times live, met him once. it was fun. i think most of his new poo poo is trash. I AM JUST A RAPPER 1 and 2 were rad, Culdesac was his masterpiece, his EP with Freaks and Geeks was solid and Freaks and Geeks might be my favorite of his, Camp was a great followup, then ROYALTY came out and was mediocre as gently caress, followed by all the poo poo he's done since i don't care any more

it was a fun ride

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

cams posted:

i like that i get to be a hipster gently caress about a hipster gently caress artist. i got really really into childish gambino for his earlier stuff. yes he relied pretty heavily on his comedy writing abilities and punchline rap, but i loved it. i thought he was a funny guy and was really enjoying his stuff. i mean come on, "made the beat then murdered it; casey anthony", that's just fun.

i saw him like 5 or 6 times live, met him once. it was fun. i think most of his new poo poo is trash. I AM JUST A RAPPER 1 and 2 were rad, Culdesac was his masterpiece, his EP with Freaks and Geeks was solid and Freaks and Geeks might be my favorite of his, Camp was a great followup, then ROYALTY came out and was mediocre as gently caress, followed by all the poo poo he's done since i don't care any more

it was a fun ride

cams
Mar 28, 2003

haljordan posted:

I remember when that clown wrote a bunch of 8th grade fat girl thoughts down on some napkins and everyone lined up to praise HOW BRAVE AND DEEP HE WAS
this is absolutely the point when i started going "oh this isn't looking like it's gonna end up so well"

he used to be a self-aware comedy writer who rapped and i liked that. now he is a sincere rapper and oh hey it turns out he was a much better comedy writer than a rapper.

community was great though and he was hilarious on it.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cams posted:

it was a fun ride
Look at all these words about nothing

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

a creepy colon posted:

Look at all these words about nothing
Nice 'tar.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

cams posted:

this is absolutely the point when i started going "oh this isn't looking like it's gonna end up so well"

he used to be a self-aware comedy writer who rapped and i liked that. now he is a sincere rapper and oh hey it turns out he was a much better comedy writer than a rapper.

community was great though and he was hilarious on it.

Pretty much this

SHARTING BEAR
Sep 27, 2004

Haha, I knew he used this because I got the exact same result for my name years ago.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

he probably raps about lexapro and facebook

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

fyodor posted:

he probably raps about lexapro and facebook

quote:

Old niggas wanna assassinate me
It's a shame, these kids was supposed to save rap
gently caress that, boat shoes and a wave cap
He don't give back, how the gently caress a nigga say that?
Summer in November I gave everyone a Maybach
Comin' on that payback, comin' on that mace took
I'm comin' on that real poo poo, I'm comin' on her Facebook
gently caress a backpacker with a rhino's dick
I do me like a gyno chick, uh

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

lol he's like a black man doing blackface.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

fyodor posted:

lol

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Jim Barris posted:

I DARE someone to find a worse rapper then this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrQWhFysPKY

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

No one actually "likes" rap, op.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

fyodor posted:

Wow

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

urrgggggh youre loving triggerin me here

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

because white kids were just dying for a black guy to say he likes batman

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Puffy Jacket Fetish posted:

because white kids were just dying for a black guy to say he likes batman

It's true batman seems more a white thing for some reasom. Now superman, on the othwr hand...

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
i blame kanye for making hipster pussy rapper a thing w/ tight jeans and emotional instability big wet cow eyes lips trembling etc shameful

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
this is the nu metal era of rap imo where all the songs are about running to the toilet to cry bc your gf doesn't understand you

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

fyodor posted:

Laffoooooooo

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

fyodor posted:

well said

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i dont know. i like lots of things and i certainly dont need any of them to be good.

the reddit hiphop forum is loving terrible and i think its filled with people as awful as i am

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
why cant he be cool like his dad

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
i saw danny glover live and all his songs were about how his girl hurt his feelings and he had two white dudes playing weedlydee guitar solos over it it was probs the wackest poo poo i have ever seem

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

his music isnt so good is the thing

ding ding ding

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

Name 10 rappers who are better than him and put an album out within the last year

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Name 10 rappers who are better than him and put an album out within the last year

That's a stupid thing to do. No one do this.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

you're right, i was just confused and he's actually really good

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

lol if you listen to rappers older than 1 year

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

mysterious loyall Y posted:

you're right, i was just confused and he's actually really good

Glad I could help

The 5th Foid
Nov 22, 2014

by Ralp
He is not cool.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

BigBoss posted:

Sadly he's better than 90% of rappers out there now.

then we wonder how kids eat up this album like Valiums

smh

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Name 10 rappers who are better than him, put out an album within the last year, and has two names the first of which begins with C and the second G. Can't do it can you?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
seriously though it's because he's black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Gaunab posted:

Name 10 rappers who are better than him, put out an album within the last year, and has two names the first of which begins with C and the second G. Can't do it can you?

Cuck

• Locked thread