Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
yea check one two i love to have sex with women and i do it so good im like a video game character. i like to put my weiner in their vagina like theyre a superhero from a comic book yea haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

video games and comic books are real. they are tangible, in my room. but these...barbaric extravagances? who's to say there's actually such a thing as "molly"?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
The Xbone Has the Wrong RAM f/t Yellawolf (DJ Mustard cut)

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
i like childish gambino but i am gay and fat and have a smelly dick

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

does straight up "nerdcore" still exist. be real with me.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i don't think he would be anything if it wasn't for Community, internet people can't handle anything without the context of some nerdy bullshit that they can cling on to. His songs are so soft and pussified that they make my dick shrivel, while other manly hip hop makes it swing proud and low.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

BKPR posted:

i'm sure mc chris still fills seats somewhere

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Fonzarelli posted:

i don't think he would be anything if it wasn't for Community, internet people can't handle anything without the context of some nerdy bullshit that they can cling on to. His songs are so soft and pussified that they make my dick shrivel, while other manly hip hop makes it swing proud and low.
counter-point: someone who is secure in his masculinity doesn't need to spend his entire career reminding everyone how macho he is. it's almost like he has something to hide, me thinks. ie, he doth protest too much.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

http://kotaku.com/5927150/geek-rap-star-kicks-fan-out-of-concert-over-tweet

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
he did a voice on adventure time, i know that.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

uh excuse me, could the guy who just said on twitter that I "huff dog farts" please uh turn himself into security.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

counter-point: someone who is secure in his masculinity doesn't need to spend his entire career reminding everyone how macho he is. it's almost like he has something to hide, me thinks. ie, he doth protest too much.

I dunno man, its kind of part of the tradition of hip hop and has been for a long time. Its a braggy musical genre, I don't think its really saying anything about yourself if you write a braggy hip hop song. Its way better than Macklemore writing his pro gay anthem.

Also Macklemore is funny because all the racists pop up and are like "ahh this is how hip hop should be. Free of hate and all the stuff that reminds me of black people."

milkrun
Mar 7, 2007

ilikedirt posted:

GOAT:

1. macklemore
2. eminem
3. mac miller
5. beastie boy
6. mf doom
7. bubba sparxx
8. drakes
9. madvillain
10. tupack

mac miller is very good and talented.

so is kevin gates if you don't mind bars about Eating rear end. in which case youre too much of a prude for real hiphop anyways

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

reminding ppl how masculine u are is basically required if u want to make a good rap song

like its all well and good if someone wants to rap about crash bandicoot but if the same guy rapped about how he was real manly and liked to shoot cops he would probably end up w/ a much better song

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

paranoid randroid posted:

The Xbone Has the Wrong RAM f/t Yellawolf (DJ Mustard cut)

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

BKPR posted:

yes. in fact, more people tour on it than ever. would you like a list of artists?

/trap sprung.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
nerdcore is bad

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Ultraklystron posted:

yes. in fact, more people tour on it than ever. would you like a list of artists?

/trap sprung.

if you had a youtube video of something particularly lame and egregious, perhaps in a new way that demonstrates the growth of the genre, i'd appreciate it.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
nerdcore

http://youtu.be/44MyrH4jwOQ

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
birdcore

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!

BigBoss posted:

Sadly he's better than 90% of rappers out there now.

Jesus Christ.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

BKPR posted:

if you had a youtube video of something particularly lame and egregious, perhaps in a new way that demonstrates the growth of the genre, i'd appreciate it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiRPBCiJg2c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iRTB-FTMdk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idjM3Jrp4Yw

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im not listening to any of that poo poo

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

this is sooooo bad i can't even handle it hahahah, this is seriously the most embarrassing stuff to exist. Gay is the only way i can describe it. Super mad gay.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

what the gently caress

drowningidiot
Sep 27, 2014
This is probably the worst reason to dislike an artist but I haven't and won't ever listen to his poo poo based entirely on his name.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

you know too much.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

didn't know childish gambino was white

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

gently caress you if you listen to any rap that's not kenny dennis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scWaDJ3OSgM

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Miltank posted:

He didn't grow up in poverty, that is the main reason.

I don't listen to rap (I should) but this makes sense.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

yea check one two i love to have sex with women and i do it so good im like a video game character. i like to put my weiner in their vagina like theyre a superhero from a comic book yea haha
make it rhyme and i'll go see you live like 6 times and tell all my friends about how great you are

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

do "vagina" and "ocarina" rhyme? better consult the wikia.

....what about oca-RHYME-a?

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

bitch i'm super
like super mario
from super mario land 3
and i'm green
like the hulk
when he's mean
bitch i'ms uper

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i mean tbf its not like you have to actually be any good at rapping - see, everything kanye has ever done except like maybe slow jamz

but kanye is an insane person who really means every clunky line and gambino just wants to talk at you about autobots

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jan 13, 2015

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

kanye is a irredeemable loving trashbag of a human but one time he said too many urkels on ur team that's why ur winslow and that's ok

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

server racks on server racks on sherver...poo poo.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

paranoid randroid posted:

i mean tbf its not like you have to actually be any good at rapping - see, everything kanye has ever done except like maybe slow jamz

but kanye is an insane person who really means every clunky line and gambino just wants to talk at you about autobots
he's actually stopped doing this a while ago now. he is trying to appeal to normal people. i don't care for it.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

The only nerdy poo poo allowed in "real cool guy" rap is dbz references.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Matey posted:

The only nerdy poo poo allowed in "real cool guy" rap is dbz references.

some street fighter references are okay too honestly

• Locked thread