Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Zaphod42 posted:

Jesus Christ are you full of yourself, Robert. How DARE somebody appeal to another rich investor on the show and not you too? Like a spoiled little child.

I'm pretty sure any normal person would consider that move to be rude, not just Robert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schizophrenic Orb
Nov 16, 2009

Intriguing...

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Eh, I'd guess if there was anything coherent, that would have NOT included it. Makes for better tv.

I'd love to see a completely unedited run on any "episode". I know they must tape multiple episodes a day, but some questions that arise when I binge watch:

1. Whole seasons feature the Dragons wearing the same clothes. Obviously they aren't shooting for 40+ hours straight, so I guess they come in day after day, and wardrobe puts them back into the same suits/outfits? It's something you only notice really when binging and consider that for every 10 minutes you watch, Robert's been wearing that same tie for an hour or more.
2. Whenever there's an alcohol pitch and Arlene appears to be getting hammered, I gotta wonder which pitches came before/after that, and how the editors deal with that.
3. Sometimes the pitchers have a giant prop set-up before they enter, and sometimes they bring smaller props in. Either way, the dragons appear surprised during the "whip the black cloth off" reveal. Yeah, it's "reality" tv and edited to hell, but I wonder how much the dragons know in advance what the pitchers are going to present. Like, the episode with the monster truck. Does the production team actually take them off set, roll in a monster truck, cover it, then bring them back in? Or is that all completely staged?

I'd just like to know how long an actual season shoot takes, and how it works. Are there any tell-all blogs about being a pitcher on DD that anyone knows about? I am strangely fascinated by this show.

There was a special episode that talked about that kind of stuff. Each pitch is apparently around an hour or longer. I get the feeling they take breaks in between each one (especially given how long they are), so Arlene probably has time to sober up. During this break is probably when they set up the props, because they mentioned that when they see the people walking down the stairs that's just as much their first introduction to them as it is to us. The only prior information they have is the presenter's name. I couldn't find the special on youtube, but I know you can find it as :filez: online (I'm pretty sure it was the season 3 special).

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF0v502hhQk

The Kitchen Safe, which is some sort of timed vacuum seal container. Kevin is a huge dick and makes the guy cry. It ends pretty happily

mick ohio
Sep 24, 2007

So I says to Mabel, I says...
Have we had Elvis yet? Guy tries to get dragons to invest in his band, movie, artwork, and more... Start at 15:51 if it doesn't already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtrFL-P4TVs

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

^^^That was some pro-click. His response to Kevin calling him a nutbar was hilarious.

This guy set off my creep-o-meter in his introduction, and it just gets worse with every minute. I've seen plenty of pitches that use hot models to pique the dragon/shark men's interest; sex sells, I get it, and it doesn't bother me. But the way this douchebag points at and refers to his gf like she's literally just another prop (notice she never gets to say anything besides her age), disgusted me. As a FEMALE :byodame: (as he would say) in her 40's, I'm his key demographic. And lemme tell you, the last thing I want to buy at 7-11 is a chalky tasting energy drink that says "I'm old and desperate!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym7_8A04cLo&t=1m31s

:lol: after rewatching to make sure my link worked: notice how right after he says "It makes a great mixer!" and hands it to her, the woman takes one tiny sip and immediately sets it down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
So I recently came across this little segment.

https://youtu.be/GsPbdcYtY8Y?t=549

These ladies want to sell ice. But not just any ice, no, specialty ice. Their ice is smaller so it won't damage blenders. They want to sell spherical ice that doesn't melt as fast in your drink (which, practically, doesn't work out that well actually). They want to make a connection with the way you chill your drink.

For some loving reason Arlene gets taken along for the ride with this crap, even though you can achieve all this with some cheap ice trays and molds off of Amazon. I think it's just because Kevin points out that there isn't exactly a lot of room in the market for bulk ice and she wants an excuse to get in an argument.

• Locked thread