Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

pentyne posted:

Seriously though, her husband must've been a weak willed piece of poo poo to just agree and let her spend $50-60k just so she can climb the world's tallest mountain even though she has literally zero experience. There's comprising in marriages and then there's "gently caress no I will not be a party to your death wish". That he didn't even fight her on it and tell her to climb some other smaller mountains first means he was either as dumb as her or completely cowed by her.

Why do you think she married him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

I'm Crap posted:

dunked the claim form into the basura laughin'

"Basura" has me cracking up for some reason.

Something Awful Mountaineering Threads: Denying life insurance claims since 2011.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Ugggghhh, that's just... no. No way. It's not even scenic, it's just mushing yourself through tight spaces looking at your tanks.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Where did he buy the DVD though, that's pretty key.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

I seem to remember (possibly from two different shows) where they take a guy to simulated cruising altitude, depressurize, and have him take off his oxygen until he can't do simple tasks. I think that was one about executions. Then another show, similar deal with a sherpa, takes off his oxygen at altitude, gives no fucks. Pretty cool to see it in action like that.

• Locked thread