Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anchoress
Dec 24, 2011

by XyloJW

ProfessorLoomis posted:

White people are the best at war. Bad thing to be the best at, but it beats the alternative.

ya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
The problem with whites is that they never run out of other people's money.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Wow good job killing blacks and aboriginals who lacked all industry. It's actually the Mongolians, who decimated every opponent at the height of their glory

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE

Beef Turret posted:

Wow good job killing blacks and aboriginals who lacked all industry. It's actually the Mongolians, who decimated every opponent at the height of their glory

Wow you know nothing about history

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

ProfessorLoomis posted:

White people are the best at war. Bad thing to be the best at, but it beats the alternative.

So you're saying white people are savages?

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Iamblikhos posted:

Wow you know nothing about history

Problem?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

im p sure the 30 yrs war would be a better counterpoint b/c you really dont get any bonus points for being able to beat tribesmen armed with wicker shields and spears when you're packing maxim guns

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE

Good job. Now, which among the peoples they conquered were "at the height of their glory"?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
well the kwarezm shah was getting compared to alexander the great before uncle genghis came and kicked his door in

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009

Iamblikhos posted:

Good job. Now, which among the peoples they conquered were "at the height of their glory"?

i think he means "the Mongolians, who - at the height of their glory - decimated every opponent"

or maybe not god i dont know this forum is so full of angry tonight! lets be nice :)

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

paranoid randroid posted:

well the kwarezm shah was getting compared to alexander the great before uncle genghis came and kicked his door in

...by his objective and impartial Medieval Muslim courtiers, no less!

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

Scandalous posted:

i think he means "the Mongolians, who - at the height of their glory - decimated every opponent"

HE HAD HIS CHANCE TO STEP BACK OVER THE RED LINE!!!

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp

whats with the brazillion

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
muhammed II did pretty ok for himself. he just had the bad luck to be hanging out in transoxiana when the latest unstoppable steppe horsemen nation got its poo poo together. bad luck, really.

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

muhammed II did pretty ok for himself. he just had the bad luck to be hanging out in transoxiana when the latest unstoppable steppe horsemen nation got its poo poo together. bad luck, really.

Pretty OK isn't "height of glory". Now don't get me wrong. Mongols were exceptionally badass and some of their leaders were brilliant at what they did, but they are the ones who got supremely lucky to face a series of superficially powerful empires that were rotting at the core.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Every time europeans conquered something big it was because of a fluke like smallpox or the weather.

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
genghis didnt even want to skullfuck the turks and persians he just wanted to make friends with cool muslim dudes but they were extremely rude to him

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

Beef Turret posted:

Every time europeans conquered something big it was because of a fluke like smallpox or the weather.

Yeah, your mom's pretty poxy, I agree.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Iamblikhos posted:

Yeah, your mom's pretty poxy, I agree.

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

fanged wang posted:

genghis didnt even want to skullfuck the turks and persians he just wanted to make friends with cool muslim dudes but they were extremely rude to him

Or so the stories go. Let's not kid ourselves into thinking that early historiography of the Mongols is even trying to be impartial or factually responsible.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

fanged wang posted:

maybe i guess. itd still be like the kind of friendly where theres a bunch of bikers inviting themselves over to your house every night. you dont mind if they drink all your booze and make passes at your wife right? of course you dont

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

But seriously, even if you're correct (and you aren't), what does it have to do with the Mongols?

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp

Iamblikhos posted:

Or so the stories go. Let's not kid ourselves into thinking that early historiography of the Mongols is even trying to be impartial or factually responsible.

secret history is the most baller as gently caress ya/fantasy novel ever written

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
hatred among the races/genders is just to keep people distracted from the super rich and their trust fund children.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
its great that we have surviving letters written by mongol khans.

Dear Caliph,

Hey how's it going? Me, I'm just chilling out in Russia. By the way, fucker, where's my levy of troops? Where's my troops, you hat wearing man? With your carpets and praying five times a day? I'm coming to get my troops and you're not going to like seeing me when I get there, idiot retard.

Yours, under Heaven

Hulagu Khan

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

fanged wang posted:

secret history is the most baller as gently caress ya/fantasy novel ever written

TemujinXOgedei

I ship it.

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp

Iamblikhos posted:

TemujinXOgedei

I ship it.

gross dude, a bridge too far

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

fanged wang posted:

gross dude, a bridge too far

That's the Mongol way.

All the way.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Iamblikhos posted:

But seriously, even if you're correct (and you aren't), what does it have to do with the Mongols?

"Who are the best at war?"

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
i slash jochi and tsubadai bc jochi was a smexxxy hotheaded rogue and tsubadai was calm like the water fire and ice baby

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
WHO

IS

DEADLIEST!!!!!

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

Beef Turret posted:

"Who are the best at war?"

Show me on the doll where I compared anyone to anyone.

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

fanged wang posted:

i slash jochi and tsubadai bc jochi was a smexxxy hotheaded rogue and tsubadai was calm like the water fire and ice baby

Jochi was a fucken retard idiot head.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Iamblikhos posted:

Show me on the doll where I compared anyone to anyone.

R>C>P

ProfessorLoomis posted:

Beef Turret posted:

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
whites are on my top 3 list for sure

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp

Iamblikhos posted:

Jochi was a fucken retard idiot head.

rape baby with a heart of gold you mean

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

fanged wang posted:

rape baby with a heart of gold you mean

Nah, that's pretty much every Mongol ever.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
was jochi the lush who got around the "one cup of wine a day" thing by putting a handle on a bucket like a steppe homer simpson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp

was jochi the lush who got around the "one cup of wine a day" by putting a handle on a bucket like a steppe homer simpson

thats ogedai he was a punk bitch daddy's boy

• Locked thread