Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Iamblikhos posted:

Muslim culture.

[citation needed]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
There's was recording of one them stammering about how we pay taxes to fund the bombing of their homeland so we're all complicit or something, so I'm just guessing that the cartoons themselves probably weren't as high on the list of motivations as we'd like to think. Just guessing of course who knows what makes these nutjobs tick haha

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Beef Turret posted:

Everyone acts as if the terrorists attacked Hebdo because they resent depictions of the prophet yet if you ask them it's not their main motivation at all, just like how Bush said they did 9/11 because they hate our freedoms

hahaha what? The dude's were yelling about avenging the prophet while gunning people down.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

imo, don't kill people

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Beef Turret posted:

Just guessing of course who knows what makes these nutjobs tick haha

Nine year old girls

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i really hope the jihadis were targetting the funnymag with a circulation less than that of shipping journals and knitting magazines specifically for something the funnymag did, because if they were hoping to make a more general statement then im afraid they set their sights terribly terribly low

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE

The Taint Reaper posted:

[citation needed]

I'll admit, I'm a little gay for this man:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PoFdISJOLM

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
aqap statement taking credit for attacks and explaining why they did them. they say its because of blasphemy and the west including france going nuts with muslim killing. here's a bit:

mossleman pr posted:

Freedom of Speech

Freedom of speech! Journalist! Newspaper! It is a war on freedom of speech. It is a war on journalism. These words kept belching out of many mouths. All are well aware of what this magazine published. “It was just satirical,” some argued. I find it funny how this type of people think. “It is a crime for a journalist to be killed,” they claim … I would like to pose some questions to them:

Was it a crime to kill Sheikh Anwar Al-’Awlaki for his da’wah?

Was it a crime to kill Samir Khan for being a member of Inspire Team?

Was it a crime to kill Fuad Al-Hadhrami, the brother who accompanied journalists in S.Yemen?

Charlie Hebdo’s editor-in-chief Gerard Biard remarked he didn’t “understand how people can attack a newspaper with heavy weapons. A newspaper is not a weapon of war.” Isn’t Inspire a magazine? Are we to conclude that drones and missiles aren’t heavy weapons?

Where are your values in that regard?

The Charlie magazine team deserved what they got. Many warnings have been given before, but they were persistent. They had the freedom to use cartoons in their magazine, and we have the freedom to use bullets from our magazines. As the ‘Wanted List’ stated: A bullet a day, keeps the kaffir away. Yes, Charb is no more. The lions of Jihad have stood. The followers of Muhammad – peace be upon him – have never forgotten. As Sheikh Anwar Rahimahullah put it: The Dust Will Never Settle Down.

Do not look for links or affiliation with Jihadi fronts. It is enough they are Muslims. They are Mujahideen. This is the Jihad of the Ummah. So France, are you ready for more attacks; Weren’t you asked by Inspire Magazine immediately after the Wanted List:

So, why is France so thick in learning from its past mistakes? Is it leaving Paris undefended once again? Woe upon you from tens of Muhammad Merah!

You come third in the target list, after US and Britain. If I were the latter, I would rather pull my sleeves up.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Iamblikhos posted:

I'll admit, I'm a little gay for this man:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PoFdISJOLM

C'mon man people were blowing themselves up way before Islam was ever a thing. :rolleyes:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"ok achmed as our first blow against the decadent west, we are going to shoot up the dallas free weekly"
"ah, could we not target the new york times or fox news?"
"shut the gently caress up, who's the mastermind here?"

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE

The Taint Reaper posted:

C'mon man people were blowing themselves up way before Islam was ever a thing. :rolleyes:

I don't get it. Did you even listen to it (read subtitles)?

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Crow_Rodeo posted:

hahaha what? The dude's were yelling about avenging the prophet while gunning people down.

We bomb their homes while screaming about democracy, free speech, justice, peace and so on. But of course if you probe deep enough you see that it's not really about that at all, it's just an incantation to justify increasing our sphere of influence

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

paranoid randroid posted:

"ok achmed as our first blow against the decadent west, we are going to shoot up the dallas free weekly"
"ah, could we not target the new york times or fox news?"
"shut the gently caress up, who's the mastermind here?"

Cousin Omar would have hit the Giant Bomb offices, he knows what America values and what it values above all is videogames and irony.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Al Jazeera means "The Island" :)

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

America wins because AMerica kills both islamist terrorists and Charlies

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

The Taint Reaper posted:

Seriously every time I eat ribs the meat slides right off the bone. They're not loving finger food like chicken tenders. Like I keep imagining in my head a trombone slide because the meat comes off and goes splat in a pool of sauce like an aborted baby. Then I have to take my loving fork and scoop the wet and moist meat together in order to eat it. Cutting the meat is useless because you could probably use a spoon for that, but the length and width of a knife makes it useful for compiling the meat.

and then I have to eat my pile of meat dripping in sauce. Seriously why do they call them loving ribs when the rib part is nigh useless? Just call it a DIY meatpile.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Prettz posted:

I sure am going to click that link to national review! Yessir!

They do post the emails which make the back and forth seem pretty reasonable.

The comment section though :cripes:

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

quote:

they had the freedom to use cartoons in their magazine, and we have the freedom to use bullets from our magazines.

:fry:

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I'm pretty sure you two can gently caress off elsewhere. because no one here is interested in your frankly bizarre courtship ritual,

Steve Bell, discusses CH, and satire in the face of terrorism.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2015/jan/09/steve-bell-cartoonist-charlie-hebdo-attackers-video

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

THE PROHPET IS AVENGED ALSO WANNA G8VE A BIG SHOUT OUT TO MY BOYS AQ IN YEMEN NOT THOSE FAKE rear end R&B MOTHERFUCKERS IN NIGERIA gently caress THOSE WEAK HOES PEASE OUT

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Beef Turret posted:

There's was recording of one them stammering about how we pay taxes to fund the bombing of their homeland so we're all complicit or something, so I'm just guessing that the cartoons themselves probably weren't as high on the list of motivations as we'd like to think. Just guessing of course who knows what makes these nutjobs tick haha

that was the dude in the kosher market who was repping for a totally different crew lmbo

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

YOULL NEVER DEFEAT THE COBRAS! -johnny gat

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

katlington posted:

that was the dude in the kosher market who was repping for a totally different crew lmbo

Goons are having trouble telling muslims apart.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

muslims are violent

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

dkj posted:

muslims are violent
(USER WAS FATWA'D FOR THIS POST)

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
If we kill hundreds of thousands of people in the Middle East and Muslims respond by killing a handful of french cartoonists then I think we are winning.

Like not morally, but numerically.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Killing political cartoonists shouldn't be a crime

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

BossRighteous posted:

Freedom Fries

Edit: We had a mom and pop pizza shack that served freedom fries. Their marquee literally said
code:
NO DIXIE CHICKS ALLOWED

to this day there's still a bunch of fair stands in and around my area that serve freedom fries and are over-the-top patriotic and i'm not sure if its just cause they don't wanna pay to change their siding/signage or if they're still 100% about it. one of them's always at the puerto rican fair

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Orkin Mang posted:

aqap statement taking credit for attacks and explaining why they did them. they say its because of blasphemy and the west including france going nuts with muslim killing. here's a bit:
muslim extremists kill muslims 24/7 but some western imperialist powers kill a few and its all FATWAH this and INSH'ALLAH that

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Orkin Mang posted:

If you follow that link you can find a download link to Al Qaeda's glossy mag, Inspire.

A typical article....

:jihad:

edit: lol, oh poo poo

Kilmers Elbow fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Jan 13, 2015

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Aesop Poprock posted:

to this day there's still a bunch of fair stands in and around my area that serve freedom fries and are over-the-top patriotic and i'm not sure if its just cause they don't wanna pay to change their siding/signage or if they're still 100% about it. one of them's always at the puerto rican fair

at some point that routine has to become self-conscious kitsch, like one of those diners where everything is all 50s-ed out

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Kilmers Elbow posted:

If you follow that link you can find a download link to Al Qaeda's glossy mag, Inspire.

A typical article....

it's like the Anarchist Cookbook of the 21st century
Only these recipes will actually kill infidels instead of idiot stoner anarchists

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Beef Turret posted:

specifically targeting a place and kill the people that made the cartoons but it had nothign to do with the cartoons, get a life bub

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
With their terror attack they turned a relatively obscure magazine with a circulation roughly the size of the British Magazine "Knitting Monthly" into the most widely printed and circulated magazine issue of all time.

Regardless of whether you agree with religiously motivated terror attacks on the West or not, that attack objectively failed to achieve anything.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Kilmers Elbow posted:

A typical article....

Build a bomb in my mothers ...womb??

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Kilmers Elbow posted:

A typical article....

haha what the gently caress uk

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
that aljazeera guy sounds like a good journalist furthermore i jerk my member to dead frenchmen Allah Akbar

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

katlington posted:

Build a bomb in my mothers ...womb??

Thats what I thought as well

Grow a terrorist I guess :shrug:

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
wait so is it the cool gbs thing now to defend the murderers of cartoonists
i cant keep up with how contrarian we're supposed to be

gently caress those guys drawing pictures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Ramsus posted:

specifically targeting a place and kill the people that made the cartoons but it had nothign to do with the cartoons, get a life bub

I didn't say it had nothing to do with the cartoons, just that the cartoons probably weren't the main reason

• Locked thread