Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Drunk & Ugly posted:

wait so is it the cool gbs thing now to defend the murderers of cartoonists
i cant keep up with how contrarian we're supposed to be

gently caress those guys drawing pictures

Lol if your not dwm (down with murder)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
They did it to scare whitey.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Beef Turret posted:

I didn't say it had nothing to do with the cartoons, just that the cartoons probably weren't the main reason

they attacked and killed 12 workers at the magazine's office. it's SO bizzare that people would confuse this for an attack on a magazine for publishing pictures of the prophet.

gotta be some corrupt western propoganda going on i think!

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Aesop Poprock posted:

haha what the gently caress uk

It's just a scary note. Merely owning a copy of that is not enough to convict someone unless they can prove you intent was to commit an act of terror.

So like if you're a white male with no connection to religious extremists and you can show them "Yeah look I read this because someone linked it to me on an Internet forum because we were laughing at terroists" no jury is going to convict you.

If you're arrested in a house full of fertiliser after you've returned from your trip to Syria and you attend a mosque known to have radical sympathies and you're in the middle of an Internet conversation on radicalislamistextremists.net and you follow ISIS and a load of terrorists on Twitter they aren't going to believe you.

It's like lockpicks. Owning lock picks is not illegal. However being caught dressed all in black locking into someone's front room window while carrying a set of lockpicks will probably get you arrested.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

you can get arrested here for saying nasty things on facebook, so i think you could probably also get arrested for owning a magazine.

RennZero
Oct 10, 2007

"Get in."

katlington posted:

Build a bomb in my mothers ...womb??

I think it literally meant a kitchen as in that room in your house where you cook food.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Kitchner posted:

It's like lockpicks. Owning lock picks is not illegal. However being caught dressed all in black locking into someone's front room window while carrying a set of lockpicks will probably get you arrested.

It's political correctness gone mad.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
If you take two minutes to read al-qaeda's claim to responsibility you'll see that say they did it as retaliation for the murder of their own propagandists

quote:

Freedom of speech! Journalist! Newspaper! It is a war on freedom of speech. It is a war on journalism. These words kept belching out of many mouths. All are well aware of what this magazine published. “It was just satirical,” some argued. I find it funny how this type of people think. “It is a crime for a journalist to be killed,” they claim … I would like to pose some questions to them:

Was it a crime to kill Sheikh Anwar Al-’Awlaki for his da’wah?

Was it a crime to kill Samir Khan for being a member of Inspire Team?

Was it a crime to kill Fuad Al-Hadhrami, the brother who accompanied journalists in S.Yemen?

Charlie Hebdo’s editor-in-chief Gerard Biard remarked he didn’t “understand how people can attack a newspaper with heavy weapons. A newspaper is not a weapon of war.” Isn’t Inspire a magazine? Are we to conclude that drones and missiles aren’t heavy weapons?

Where are your values in that regard?

The Charlie magazine team deserved what they got. Many warnings have been given before, but they were persistent. They had the freedom to use cartoons in their magazine, and we have the freedom to use bullets from our magazines. As the ‘Wanted List’ stated: A bullet a day, keeps the kaffir away. Yes, Charb is no more. The lions of Jihad have stood. The followers of Muhammad – peace be upon him – have never forgotten. As Sheikh Anwar Rahimahullah put it: The Dust Will Never Settle Down.

Do not look for links or affiliation with Jihadi fronts. It is enough they are Muslims. They are Mujahideen. This is the Jihad of the Ummah. So France, are you ready for more attacks; Weren’t you asked by Inspire Magazine immediately after the Wanted List:

So, why is France so thick in learning from its past mistakes? Is it leaving Paris undefended once again? Woe upon you from tens of Muhammad Merah!

You come third in the target list, after US and Britain. If I were the latter, I would rather pull my sleeves up.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
People being murdered is bad.

That's my hot take, OP.

Moosechees
Jun 1, 2002

rawr

unlimited shrimp posted:

sad state of affairs when a propaganda front for the Qatari royal family consistently puts out better journalism than any major American news outlet
Al Jazeera English is my main site for world news. It's consistently the most accurate source for almost everything, including most topics relating to muslims, with the exception of articles directly relating to Qatar. Even then it's usually just a problem of bias by omission (like not covering slavery and deaths in their World Cup preparations) or whatever the opposite would be called (for example, they seem to cover every single death in Palestine no matter how small, but it's always done so accurately) rather than North Korea/Fox News style propaganda. This leak actually shows that a good number of their reporters actually give a poo poo about integrity no matter what comes down from above.

That said, I'm still pretty disappointed and my trust in them is much lower after this.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Bin Laden must have been furious when westerners were similarly in denial about his motivations. He was like "this is for your attacks on us in palestine, somalia, support of russia in chechnya, theft of our resources etc" but westerners deluded themselves into thinking he was just so drat jealous of their freedoms lol

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

quote:

They had the freedom to use cartoons in their magazine, and we have the freedom to use bullets from our magazines.

:iceburn:

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Beef Turret posted:

Bin Laden must have been furious when westerners were similarly in denial about his motivations. He was like "this is for your attacks on us in palestine, somalia, support of russia in chechnya, theft of our resources etc" but westerners deluded themselves into thinking he was just so drat jealous of their freedoms lol

Bin Laden never existed.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Beef Turret posted:

P sure bin laden spent the remainder of his life after 911 quietly chuckling to himself whenever he remembered how successful his poo poo was

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Beef Turret posted:

Stealing those resources and terrorizing those nations is just an exercise of our freedoms

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

My understanding is that the attackers wanted to kill people because they were young, twisted by extremist teachings and Muslims are treated with a lot of xenophobia in France. Charlie Hedbo had spent much of the preceding years drawing elaborate mocking "kill me" signs that were racially infllammatory. Obviously murdering them was not a good way of addressing that, but a) gotta murder someone and b) gently caress France and those comics.

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
It's time to holicaust Muslims

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Put them in the holodeck.

"Computer behead program"

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Prettz posted:

I sure am going to click that link to national review! Yessir!

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Drunk & Ugly posted:

wait so is it the cool gbs thing now to defend the murderers of cartoonists
i cant keep up with how contrarian we're supposed to be

gently caress those guys drawing pictures

No, definitely not.

Not giving a gently caress about killing random Muslims with flying robots, still a-ok

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Beef Turret posted:

If you take two minutes to read al-qaeda's claim to responsibility you'll see that say they did it as retaliation for the murder of their own propagandists

Yes, Anwar al-Awlaki and Samir Khan were killed by the French, who also aided and abetted Bush Jr's new Crusade in Iraq.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
i'm shocked that the aljazeera muslims are trying to cover for the other muslims... this basically never happens

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
h*ly loving poo poo now they're beheading kafirs... fuckkkk... this has to be fake... that could never happen...

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
goddammit you tricked me into clicking on a National Review link

gently caress u OP

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
d&d is leaking

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
really why do these shitbags exist anyway. whats the appeal

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014

1gnoirents posted:

really why do these shitbags exist anyway. whats the appeal

well, i think its more a culture thing, they've just kind of been muslim for a long time in some areas of the world so their kids are muslim, and it just keeps getting passed down

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE

The British know what's up.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

Talk about 2-faced. Do as I say not as I do.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Monkey Fracas posted:

goddammit you tricked me into clicking on a National Review link

gently caress u OP

Taint reaped again.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Moxie posted:

My understanding is that the attackers wanted to kill people because they were young, twisted by extremist teachings and Muslims are treated with a lot of xenophobia in France. Charlie Hedbo had spent much of the preceding years drawing elaborate mocking "kill me" signs that were racially infllammatory. Obviously murdering them was not a good way of addressing that, but a) gotta murder someone and b) gently caress France and those comics.

This is actually only a excuse American leftist use.
In reality Muslims cause problems in all european countries, no matter what policy the host country had towards muslims, soft/negligent/nanny state, it literally doesn't matter, they cause problems everywhere. Doesn't matter if the Muslims came over as ex-colonial subjects or migrants workers or refugees. One factor is common: once you start to have more than 1-2% of the population as muslims big social problems start to develop between them and the natives.

By your logic Muslims have actually been baiting us to enact the endlösung for decades. Luckily for them we can (probably) resist the temptation.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

NihilismNow posted:

In reality Muslims cause problems in all european countries, no matter what policy the host country had towards muslims, soft/negligent/nanny state, it literally doesn't matter, they cause problems everywhere. Doesn't matter if the Muslims came over as ex-colonial subjects or migrants workers or refugees. One factor is common: once you start to have more than 1-2% of the population as muslims big social problems start to develop between them and the natives.

By your logic Muslims have actually been baiting us to enact the endlösung for decades. Luckily for them we can (probably) resist the temptation.

much like the loathed Trot, the modern race realist is a pathetic creature who presumes that he will of course be the gentleman in the central concern planning room overseeing the cattle car time tables, and not be required to sully his delicate hands with the machetes he screams for someone else to take up

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Nauta posted:

d&d is leaking

destroy political posters

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE

Spanish Manlove posted:

destroy political posters

Mods asleep at the wheel.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

NihilismNow posted:

lol

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
for my next continental philosopher impression, here's Zizek and Bakunin arguing over a bar tab

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

paranoid randroid posted:

for my next continental philosopher impression, here's Zizek and Bakunin arguing over a bar tab

Do you even know who Bakunin is?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i know very little about bakunin but dont care because i was grabbing a name out of the air to make a lazy joke about how my previous post was a rambling condemnatory joke about people posting lazy jokes about ethnic cleansing on the internet

jokes

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
please no one inform in this thread about what it is, i sincerely have no desire to learn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Teaching Muslims how to speak American could help the situation: confirm/deny?

• Locked thread