Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
so someone leaked an internal argument about the topic that shows no consistent editorial direction, and the national review goes "omg ur mad". good poo poo, journalism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

katlington posted:

hella p*ssed about those journalists discussing how to cover a story, i tell you what

hi im a grown rear end man working for the national review, here to accuse you of having hurt fee-fees

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
good evening, im dan rather. tonight's top story: contrary to what you might believe, you are, in fact, mad.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i really hope the jihadis were targetting the funnymag with a circulation less than that of shipping journals and knitting magazines specifically for something the funnymag did, because if they were hoping to make a more general statement then im afraid they set their sights terribly terribly low

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"ok achmed as our first blow against the decadent west, we are going to shoot up the dallas free weekly"
"ah, could we not target the new york times or fox news?"
"shut the gently caress up, who's the mastermind here?"

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Aesop Poprock posted:

to this day there's still a bunch of fair stands in and around my area that serve freedom fries and are over-the-top patriotic and i'm not sure if its just cause they don't wanna pay to change their siding/signage or if they're still 100% about it. one of them's always at the puerto rican fair

at some point that routine has to become self-conscious kitsch, like one of those diners where everything is all 50s-ed out

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

NihilismNow posted:

This is actually only a excuse American leftist use.
In reality Muslims cause problems in all european countries, no matter what policy the host country had towards muslims, soft/negligent/nanny state, it literally doesn't matter, they cause problems everywhere. Doesn't matter if the Muslims came over as ex-colonial subjects or migrants workers or refugees. One factor is common: once you start to have more than 1-2% of the population as muslims big social problems start to develop between them and the natives.

By your logic Muslims have actually been baiting us to enact the endlösung for decades. Luckily for them we can (probably) resist the temptation.

much like the loathed Trot, the modern race realist is a pathetic creature who presumes that he will of course be the gentleman in the central concern planning room overseeing the cattle car time tables, and not be required to sully his delicate hands with the machetes he screams for someone else to take up

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
for my next continental philosopher impression, here's Zizek and Bakunin arguing over a bar tab

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i know very little about bakunin but dont care because i was grabbing a name out of the air to make a lazy joke about how my previous post was a rambling condemnatory joke about people posting lazy jokes about ethnic cleansing on the internet

jokes

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
we should educate muslims in the American technique of filling the aching hollowness of modernity with cheap snacks, instead of religious radicalism. cram your discontent with ding-dongs, Achmed.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
who the gently caress is ironknuckle anyhow

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

sexy young infidel posted:

they worship him a lot it seems, but they just make it illegal to say that they worship him. It's confusing

the whole reason there's a ban on images of the prophet, a ban which has never in history before recent memory been blanket or observed in totality, was to prevent people from treating him as a devotional figure

whoops, looks like the hardliners really hosed that one up huh!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
its like fundamentalists are really good at fanatically enforcing the letter of the law to the point where they entirely destroy the spirit of the law or something

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

sexy young infidel posted:

This Muhammed fellow might not have been entirely honest about the things he claimed God said to him... stay tuned... we're looking at a lot of angles here..

the angel Gabriel has come forward to say that he was "taken out of context" by Mohammed...

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
hi im t boone pickens here to tell you about clean koran

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

ahaha ok i finally laughed at a CH cover

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
its telling to me that in the latest interview with CH staffers, they say their rationale is that islam is part of french society now so it is their intention to treat it in the same manner as all other elements of french society

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

newreply.php posted:

they claim to laugh at everyone equally so that makes it fair. the error there is that it only would be if everyone actually was equal

well yeah i imagine the dick-joke free weekly is not going to have the worlds most nuanced take on power imbalances in France, but there's a world of difference between drawing someone as a monkey to illustrate how loving batty Marine Le Pen is and drawing them as a monkey because you think they look like one.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im sure you can find much worse than people arguing about cartoonists

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Agag posted:

They died because they were soft targets in a war of mutual atrocity that's been going on for 13 years.

this is not mutually exclusive with saying they were shot for dumb cartoons

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i scanned an organic bell pepper as a regular one at the self checkout and now i do terrorism

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
ok anyone saying these dopes are on par with voltaire is just getting caught up in the moment

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

im like 78 and im super into throwing potatos at the irish

oh poo poo so youre the guy screaming about tammany hall at the city council meetings

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

TOILETLORD posted:

i miss michael jackson too

if Islam wants my business they should try putting out something on par with Off the Wall

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
lol holy poo poo

yes mother i am in fact eating french fries in the closet. its very culturally sensitive, of course you wouldnt understand

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"yknow, my day was going pretty crappy until i heard that a dork in a modest mouse shirt was going to eat pringles under his bedsheets as a show of solidarity" - an irl muslim

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
ticking time bomb scenarios are vanishingly unlikely to occur in reality though.

the most efficient and productive interrogation the CIA ever conducted is still the time they gave the suspect cookies and just let him talk.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
well if we both agree that the scenario you approve of the use of torture in is absurdly improbable, does it really even merit mentioning as a situation you'd approve of torture in? thats like me saying I'd approve of the unrestrained use of nuclear weapons in the event of alien invasion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im just saying, better dead than red (as in red planet, ie martian)

• Locked thread