Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Zoran posted:

Yeah, I really liked listening to them talk, but I didn't need the view of their talking heads to be twice as large as the game itself.

We tried to experience the MEGACAST the best we could:

I was going to bring out another TV as a fourth screen but I don't think my poor internet could handle all the traffic. If only I had a better cable package to get News and Classic. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Under the old system we probably would have had Bama vs FSU in the championship, so the playoffs are cool in my opinion. With four teams, every power-5 team pretty much controls their own destiny at the beginning of the season and complaining that you didn't make the playoffs after dropping a game is dumb.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Lol at Florida State for building a screen with 320 horizontal lines of resolution in 2008.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Real Name Grover posted:

The Grand Island arts scene

The walkway in the Conestoga mall is the exact place I'd expect to see something like that.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Pakled posted:

Yeah, every wrestling fan I know is a twentysomething nerd.

A lot of that graph can be explained by the viewer ages. Wrestling fans are young, hence low turnout/democrat. College football fans are old as heck.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I'm loving the reject names.

FIGHTING BEARS - After every score, the opening to the following music video could be played. It'd be a ruckus! / / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twQlpFrm5iM
FIghting Moo - You guys have cows, right?
Fighting Olive Gardens - The classiest restaurant in Grand Forks. Deserves its respect by being your team name.
Triple Dick Terrorists - This name just works. Everyone would rally behind such a fierce and intimidating nickname. The logo could be really cool too

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

computer parts posted:

Pros: He seems like he's improving quite a bit

Cons: he looks like he's 16

Apparently we have another dude coming in too that we just recruited but I don't know anything about him.

Pro: one smooth cat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6MFMXdyaWk

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

The best college football movie (Horse Feathers) is on TCM tonight. :munch:

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Losing Piersen-El really sucks. Before he started returning punts, you had to just hold your breath and hope for a zero-yard return instead of a turnover. I would love to see his return stats compared to the team stats for the two years before that.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Is there a goon pick'em this year?

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

vyst posted:

I really enjoy pick'em

Get in the action now:
http://games.espn.go.com/college-fo...e-email-cpickem

Group: TFF Goons Pick'em
Password: ripwheez

I've never done one with goons - so i don't know about prizes but I'll throw in $20 to the charity of the winner's choice on behalf of wheez.

Great, thanks for setting that up! You might want to make a thread in The Armchair Quarterback to get more eyes on it as well.

What are the rules on which games are picked? Seems like a random bunch this week.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Real Name Grover posted:

:xd:

(He means the equally lame "Sirius" but this cracked me up. Keep on keepin' on, Eric)

He listens to the whole album, that's how big of Husker/Alan Parsons fan he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Farking Bastage posted:

Minnesota's using memes on their jumbotron with gently caress with opposing kickers

They did that last year as well, right?

• Locked thread