Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Congrats Virgina Tech on your natinal championshp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Congrats to Oregon on being exposed yet again on the big stage

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Kent State at least lost to the 2nd string quarterback, Oregon is an embarrassment.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Oregon doesn't get to eat for the next 8 months because they're miserable failures.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Okay, so, I need something explained to me. I checked out of giving a poo poo about college ball for a couple years, right around when Tressel got run out of his coaching job at OSU. I live in Detroit now, and I've got a bunch of Michigan homers in my facebook feed who have, on and off, talked like Tressel should be in prison and it was especially bad yesterday when he was spotted on the field at the game. Can someone explain to me what Tressel did and why it was so heinous? My shaky understanding of it is that some players traded some rings for tattoos? And that's supposed to be bad for reasons? And apparently the saintly warrior-scholars at Michigan would never stoop to such moral lows?

He brutally murdered Michigan's football program for years.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Then wrote them letters calling them niggers and thugs

the michigan difference

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Who, the Fab Five? Jesus, I'd never heard that before. Michigan Difference indeed.

It was in the very very good Fab Five 30 for 30, some people even signed the letters with their names and graduation years.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

MourningView posted:

Tennessee looks like they could be really good with all the young guys they were playing, but that is almost certainly me reading way too much into them crushing an Iowa team that had imploded before they even got to Florida.

They were the youngest team in the nation I think.

MourningView posted:

Yes. They don't want players profiting off their status as athletes while they're in school, which is of course incredibly silly given how much the schools make off of them, but there you go.

I just lit the det signal but oh well.

they
are
paid
with an education

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
I think we can all agree that Michigan State should have been in the playoffs instead of Florida State

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

Dattserberg posted:

Trick please.

It's true

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
I'm casting my National Championship vote for the Michigan State Spartans, God's True Champions

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Kent State beat Akron
Akron beat Pitt
Pitt beat Virginia Tech
Virginia Tech beat Ohio State

looks good to me

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Div III Kalamazoo beat Hope 30 - 29
Div III Hope beat Augustana IL 37 - 27
Div III Augustana IL beat Loras 34 - 17
Div III Loras beat Simpson IA 27 - 24
Div III Simpson IA beat WI River Falls 22 - 6
Div III WI River Falls beat S Dakota Tech 43 - 28
Div II S Dakota Tech beat Wm Jewell 62 - 44
Div II Wm Jewell beat Missouri S&T 34 - 27
Div II Missouri S&T beat St Joseph's IN 14 - 13
Div II St Joseph's IN beat Valparaiso 31 - 10
Div I - FCS Valparaiso beat Butler 17 - 3
Div I - FCS Butler beat Stetson 49 - 41
Div I - FCS Stetson beat Marist 22 - 14
Div I - FCS Marist beat Jacksonville 17 - 16
Div I - FCS Jacksonville beat San Diego 35 - 18
Div I - FCS San Diego beat W New Mexico 23 - 17
Div II W New Mexico beat Ft Lewis 24 - 17
Div II Ft Lewis beat CSU-Pueblo 23 - 22
Div II CSU-Pueblo beat Sam Houston St 47 - 21
Div I - FCS Sam Houston St beat Villanova 34 - 31
Div I - FCS Villanova beat Liberty 29 - 22
Div I - FCS Liberty beat Appalachian St 55 - 48
Div I - FBS Appalachian St beat ULM 31 - 29
Div I - FBS ULM beat Wake Forest 17 - 10
Div I - FBS Wake Forest beat Virginia Tech 6 - 3
Div I - FBS Virginia Tech beat Ohio St 35 - 21

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Michigan State would have beaten Ohio State by 40, maybe 50 points if they played again

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Kent State would be a toss up though, maybe if we all pretend really hard like we're playing against Akron but that sounds pretty difficult to maintain for a whole week and a game.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

Eltoasto posted:

I'm not really comfortable with unpaid college players playing a 16 game season though, 15 is crazy enough seeing as the champ game happened during classes. If they want to go to 8 then they should removed a regular season game (would never happen, bad teams would hate losing revenue) or at least change up the schedule.

or pay players

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Well we totally don't have money for it. But we have money for an unused esplanade. Also for a new poetry center that is also largely unused. Anyway yeah we can't give students who permanently injure their brains a few bucks, just don't have it in us.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Does Berkley even have a fashion school?

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Just let every conference champion into the playoffs, also don't let Notre Dame join a conference, also don't let independents into the playoffs, also burn Notre Dame to the ground

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
The MACs TV deal is really really really bad

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Hmmm......Ohio State at 1. I don't know how I feel about that

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Reminder that Tyrone Willingham is a great coach who only was fired due to racism

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

Sash! posted:

Do great coaches go 0-12?

Good on him for attempting to scuttle that garbo program, shame the AD didn't take the hint

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

NippleFloss posted:

I seem to recall them losing a game that year, sometime near the end...

They actually won the Michigan State game, you might not remember it that way because it was awful

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Here's some facts I brought up from the NCAA rulebook

quote:

• The Big Twelve is a loving joke

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Mark Dantonio should start slowly sneaking finely ground glass into Urban Meyer's meals

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Idk, however they did it in Oz.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
UAB is the super-aging drug plot line.

gone, buried, forgotten.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Start a new war with Japan and then convince Barack Obama that Columbus is a sleeper cell city.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

Mahoning posted:

Apparently its 4pm now.

It's 2:14 right now actually.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
One of the greatest coaches in the history of football and some guy from San Francisco or some poo poo

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Did Connor Cook declare for the draft or something

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

Mahoning posted:

Cardale actually beat Oregon.

Team game homie

Komet posted:

Someone might take a chance and draft Cardale in the lower rounds, but he could start next year and improve his stock pretty dramatically. I don't see Braxton staying at OSU.

He's still gotta beat JT tho

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Shane Morris future NFL superstar???

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

Regnevelc posted:

I don't think Morris starts next year. I think it'll be Wilton Speight.

Five Star Superstar Shane Morris is the future of Michigan football and you better get on board that bandwagon before it flies 4 yards short of you into the ground.

Thoguh posted:

Counterpoint:

He's right tho

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
ESPN ranked the conferences

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/101271/pac-12-tops-final-conference-rankings

lol

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Josh Cribbs and Julian Edelman are both having phenomenal careers and they're both MAC quarterbacks.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
He's going to go down as one of the best kick returners to ever play, that's a pretty dang good career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Hester is more well known for his punt returning than kick returning tho, also Cribbs is way cooler and better and probably more handsome if you're into that type of thing

• Locked thread