Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Urban Meyer promised players that he would get a tattoo if they won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Strobe posted:

It also doesn't help that the 3rd ranked team was clearly there on luck and little else, and the 4th ranked team lost to a team that ended the season with a losing record.

Virginia Tech ended over .500.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Cardale's roommate with a hot take.

:allears:

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Neodoomium posted:

The best thing to ever come out of Ohio was Charles Woodson.

And he went to Michigan.

Lebron?

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Scarf posted:

The only thing that could be better than ESPN turning their back on ND would be Pope Francis announcing he's a Michigan/USC/Bama fan.

Fairly certain he's a Penn State fan.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

MourningView posted:

I assume everyone in the Big Ten except maybe Wisconsin has an awful record against the Pac-10 because they usually only play in the yearly Rose Bowl slaughter.

Ohio State is 59-26-2 against the Pac 12.

Edit: Michigan and Michigan St. are also over .500 against Pac 12. Wisconsin is well under .500.

korrandark fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jan 30, 2015

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Power 5 conference commissioners are considering making freshman of all sports ineligible.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Crotch Bat posted:

And I think you guys hating Clemson are confusing with what I said, which was that they are the favorites to win it this year(and rightfully so) and will reign over the conference as such. I didn't say they were due to beat everyone by 40 and roll into the playoffs.

They're the favorites next year, they should be the favorites, people will make assumptions associated with a team being the favorite to win a given conference. Like now, when we assume the SEC champ will win the MNC. Of course, if recent history repeats itself then I guess we should be no more worried about that than Clemson winning the ACC, right?

Why do you believe this? They return the same amount of starters as Florida State, but less than Georgia Tech. Clemson's phenom QB can't seem to stay on the field for any sustained period of time. They lost one the best offensive minds in the country. To say without a doubt that Clemson are the favorites this year(especially before spring practices) would be fairly presumptuous.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Crotch Bat posted:

- FSU is going to take a step back. May or may not be a large one but it will not be going forward. No Winston and 4 of 5 OL gone means trouble for whoever takes snaps next.

Ohio State won a national championship doing exactly that last year. So it's not impossible. Clemson also lost the majority of its O-line.

Crotch Bat posted:

- Their schedule isn't easy with GT and Miami on it but they get GT at home and FSU at home, a place I don't believe the Noles have won at in over a decade.

Florida State destroyed them in Death Valley two years ago.

korrandark fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Feb 16, 2015

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

MourningView posted:

Only one of them played any decent amount of time in the Big Ten. Barrett was better but All Big Ten Contender Gary Nova had way more yards and TDs than the rest of those scrubs.

So those years of watching Braxton Miller play were all a dream, huh. :smith:

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Crotch Bat posted:

Why must the B1G lead the way in everything that is bad and terrible about college football?

The Pac 12 was the first to bring it up.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Scarf posted:

Don't forget the star stickers.

What? No smiley face? This is bullshit.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Crotch Bat posted:

It was funny at the time, instantly became less so when they won the title that year. Heralded QB rallies team after loss en route to national title is a story every team in the country would love to be able to tell.

They beat every team after that game by at least ten points, and that included 5 ranked teams. Moral of the story is don't anger Tim Tebow.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
How the hell can you rank the strength of schedules this early?

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Spacemonkey57 posted:

That was the Big Tens marquee non conference win for a long time.

Indiana beat Missouri like 2 or 3 weeks weeks later.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Since Alabama couldn't win a National Championship, it appears they are trying to win a Fulmer Cup.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

KKKLIP ART posted:

Apparently Faton Bauta looked really great during the UGA spring game today.

Heisman quality name.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Which, in sum, is the total of Ohio State fans on the face of this planet.

gently caress Ohio State.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Sash! posted:

In a year, everyone will hate him.

Happens to them all.

The only question now is what crime he will commit to get there.

My guess is...dog rape. Only something that unusual will shock us jaded monsters.

He'll lead Ohio State to back to back national championships. I'm sure the hate will flow then.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Marquis de Pyro posted:

lol Jim Delany finally said something that didn't fill me with rage

It seems Jim Delany enjoys pissing off the coaches in his conference.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Marquis de Pyro posted:

He's just an obnoxious lovely commissioner who stuck us with Rutgers but this one time he fired some shots at the SEC so he's ok with me! :patriot:

For a commissioner to actively undermine the coaches in his conference is mindboggling. Coaches both in football and basketball have already said that Delany's insistence for freshman eligiblity have already harmed recruiting efforts.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Ehud posted:

@finebaum: "I think it's a consensus among FSU fans and boosters that he was an embarrassment to the University" - Bobby Bowden on Jameis Winston

:irony:

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

:whoosh:

But Michigan has a pretty decent record against the SEC. :qq:

I'm stupid. I'll stop.

so does Ohio State now. Thanks Missouri and Texas A&M.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

pillsburysoldier posted:

Tell me about the strengths and shortcomings of your starting QBs, or your QBs battling to start for y'all.

Braxton Miller

Positives

one of the most athletic QBs in college football
great arm strength

Negatives

least accurate of the three QBs
coming off shoulder surgery

Cardale Jones

Positives
Absolute cannon for an arm
able to run over many would be tacklers
decent running ability

Negatives
has only started 3 games
average accuracy

JT Barrett

Positives

Great accuracy on his passes
decent runner
has the best grasp on how the offense is run

Negatives

worst arm strength of the group
coming off ankle injury

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Sash! posted:

I don't know what Hack's strength or weakness is because he got sacked

Well you know he's durable.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

pillsburysoldier posted:

So much of Harbaugh's Stanford power lay in Mike Bloomgren, OL coach. Bloomgren, OC is pretty meh.

What staff did harbaugh put together in Michigan?

Tim Drevno(former USC offensive line coach)Offensive coordinator/O-line coach
DJ Durkin (former Florida DC)DC/LB coach
Jedd Fisch (former OC Jacksonville Jaguars) QB coach/WR coach
Jay Harbaugh (Nepotism) Tight ends coach
John Baxter (Former USC special teams coordinator) Special teams coordinator
Greg Jackson (former 49ers DB coach)co-DB coach
Greg Mattison (former Michigan DC) DL coach
Tyrone Wheatley (former NFL running back) RB coach
Michael Zordich (former Youngstown state DB coach)co-DB coach
Kevin Tolbert (former Michigan strength coach under Lloyd Carr)Strength/Conditioning coach
T.J Weist (former UCONN OC) Senior Offensive Analyst

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Don't know what this means to Washington football, but QB Cyler Miles retired due to lingering hip problems.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Metapod posted:

But one of the teams is the Steelers so bane is actually doing a good thing

Bane's biggest failure is not killing Hines Ward.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

Kansas looks to be historically terrible.

So business as usual?

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
But but, he did it with Schiano's guys. This year it's all coming crumbling down. 0-12 here we come.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Michigan State 2015 National Champions of Our Heart and Soul

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Jeremor posted:

I'll just be happy if our defense is at least watchable, honestly. can't loving stand watching a defense like last year's again, I may just do something crazy, like rooting for Alabama or punching a woman in the head

I remember watching SCAR vs. Texas A&M last year. Your defense can't possibly be as bad as that again, right?

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

swickles posted:

Got out coached by Gus Malzhan in the most hilarious fashion.

Who in turn got outcoached by Barry Alvarez.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

MindlessHavok posted:

Now here's where someone post Beamer0-0.jpg

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

kittenmittons posted:

Outside of some occasional Braxton magic there really isn't anything worth remembering about the 2011 season. What a shitshow that was.

I remember Gene Smith deciding to give that poo poo team a chance at a crappy bowl game, when the next year they would have had a shot at a national championship.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

Braxton Miller confirmed he'll play WR this year and return punts.

Extremely smart for his future.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Kim Jong Il posted:

Better than being in denial about Iowa being completely and utterly hosed.

If MV is an overly optimistic Iowa fan, I'd like to see a pessimistic one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Glimm posted:

I guess that means Braxton should get a lot of playing time right away?

It'll probably mean more Noah Brown,Johnnie Dixon and Curtis Samuel than Braxton. Also more Ezekiel Elliott.

• Locked thread