Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I'm casting my National Championship vote for the Michigan State Spartans, God's True Champions

second

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Komet posted:

The Ohio State that lost to Virginia Tech is not the Ohio State that demolished Michigan State, Alabama, and Oregon. You people are whiny as gently caress. Maybe you should be complaining about FSU getting into the playoff instead, despite being undefeated. It isn't Ohio State that undeservingly got into the playoff. Clearly, they were a better team than Alabama and Oregon. Both of whom were favored by 7-10 points, I think.

ohio state lost to virginia tech lol

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

SEC more like Sunbelt Easymode Conference

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Neodoomium posted:

I am in favor of doing whatever it takes to ensure Ohio State never wins another championship, up to and including firebombing Columbus

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Oh man attendance is totally indicative of quality of play.

We played more top 25 teams that year that stayed ranked than LSU or Georgia. Suck that SEC cock all you want I can't really see how you can say it makes sense from losing in week 13 to title game based on the SEC title game that they almost lost to Tennessee. Also Georgia didn't win poo poo that year, no division title, no conference title, and they played a weak SEC schedule so umm yeah I think an 11 win conference champion deserved to "jump" them.

on the other hand Virginia Tech deserves nothing so it gets nothing

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

JT Jag posted:

Joe Paterno wakes up, to learn that the news has broken, someone has learned about the cover up. The curtain is going to fall on his reputation. He can fight it, but... it's only a matter of time. He is ruined. And then he looks outside. Fire. He is in Hell.

This is how he wakes up every day now.

A.) good

B.) still not actually "punishment", more "thing that happened"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

Claiming a dude who actually played in your conference and led his team to a title in it is, in fact, much more reasonable than claiming a guy who sat for a year and then transferred. But good counter-argument.

actually no, claiming a guy who played a single season in your conference after playing the majority of his career in the ACC is not legitimate at all

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DJExile posted:

Coastal Carolina is going all 90s and announced they will have a teal field for 2015 :pcgaming:

rad as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

note: does not apply to North Dakota State University

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Not the first time I've seen the Adrian Peterson 1.0 run but goddamn if it isn't amazing every time

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I was gonna be all "here's a cool trick kick Vine from Wisconsin" and then in spoiler tags "it's a running back" but he's a ripped black guy so I think it would lose some of the element of surprise.

one step closer to Jon Bois' dream of an athletic wunderkind choosing to be a kicker so we can see 80 yard field goals and poo poo

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

despite the only appreciable difference being the colors on the helmet reversed, georgia southern's uniforms are miles better than PSUs for many reasons

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DJExile posted:

Speaking of schedules, CUSA's 2015 schedule is out. Charlotte has taken UAB's spot.

E: and get ready for a titanic matchup of gold/black powerhouses! Purdue and Wake Forest have a home-and-home scheduled for 2026 and 2027!

hey man you never know by that point Wake Forest and Purdue might be top 25 teahahahahahahahahahahaa

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MourningView posted:

man who has time to make fun of folks sitting on grass when they've got part of a state fair bandstand hanging over their heads

i always preferred the "leftover from a Poison concert in 1987" description

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Cricket is actually pretty cool and understandable once you get past the lingo.

They've also gone insane on the tech used for replays and officiating and its great

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Crotch Bat posted:

Cricket's a fun sport. I work with a Pakistani and he got me into playing it last year with what I assume is western Virginia's entire Pakistani population. I look hilariously out of place if you just drive by and look at us playing it.

they're probably not commonly available but y'all need one of those crazy cameras they use for determining LBWs

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Emron posted:

What the gently caress is this. Seriously. What is it.

about 6 minutes in MS paint

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

pillsburysoldier posted:

on that note, what would be the most fun form of law to practice?

Marshall

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Fluffdaddy posted:

Turn left Dale noooooo

too late, he hit the wall and for some reason Tom Pryce is following right behind

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

let's get some Varsity Aggro Crag, it'd be the far-and-away best championship trophy

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i drink nothing but mickeys

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i wonder why its always Michigan fans who are most vocally opposed to paying players, when i have ~inside sources~ that Michigan pays recruits to commit as well

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

The solution to the problems facing college athletics is to disband all University of Michigan teams.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DJExile posted:

Tim actually picked it up from Urban (who I'm sure got it from someone else). They worked together back at BG. We did that dumb "team up north" thing with Toledo and for the most part now it's been dropped.

"That Team From The Smoking Crater"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

UF should wear their 1966 uniforms forever and ever and ever and ever....

those are almost literally just the LA Tech uniforms wth

the only real difference is the helmets which are way sicker, i'll say

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

That Works posted:

No way the tech logo is pretty rad

i'm a sucker for white helmets

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Suspended for ULM, MTSU, and Charleston Southern.

pack it up crimson tide, going 0-3 to start the season

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

Northwestern is going to win the West.

Nothing stands in their way

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Darell Garretson is transferring from Utah State.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Beenz Bowl

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

is that one dude not gonna be able to dance to p-funk anymore, aka literally the only good thing about michigan football last year

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IneWNeRFPg

"we will have none of this, here at Michigan Football Team"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Sash! posted:

My cousin was one of those soccer player turned kicker (ha like that experiment ever works)

well

i mean

there's a reason why kickers stopped kicking straight on in the 70s

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

haha yeah, stagnant cities, like those exist here in the good old usa *stares out across the horizon to Newark, single tear rolls down cheek*

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

it's because it's illegal to chew gum there

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Thoguh posted:

The fanbase in Ames is so jaded and angry that I don't think anyone is even bothering to watch the videos the AD is putting out about spring practices. And any comments from the coaches about guys performing well are met with anger and resentment because we fell for that the past couple of years. It was a really stupid decision to keep Rhoads around this year. Talk about a fall from grace. ISU fans don't even demand that much. Just beat your FCS opponent, be competitive in most games, and win a couple. Basically as long as we're not in last place nobody is gonna mind much. But we've been in last place for two years now.

honestly when your FCS opponent is North Dakota State you should really be prepared to lose

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

vyst posted:

You know some skeleton got mad that they were called the "black" knights. And they had to change it a la Hawaii.

skeletons are often afraid of black knights, especially one's carrying maces or clubs.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

how weird is it that there are like 3 teams in the FBS that have nearly identical weird as hell color schemes to my color-blind rear end (Clemons, Syracuse and Illinois)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MourningView posted:

Iowa does not keep a fictional 18th century woodsman in a cage on campus and it is poorer for it.

you can at least have a fan who shows up to every game dressed like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

choo choo all aboard the 1-11 train

• Locked thread