Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Nah man you don't understand USC OSU is the best team of all time Texas TCU would have gotten obliterated.

EDIT: wrong game which one am I thinking about

EDIT 2: there we go

Strobe fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jan 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
TCU in conference play:

Points for: 428
Points against: 223
Average margin per game: 22.7 points

TCU did some major asskicking this year.

OSU lost to Virginia Tech by two touchdowns.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Mahoning posted:

Ohio State beat 3 teams that finished in the AP Top 5. TCU didn't beat a single team in the top 15.

Two of those teams were during the playoffs they should have gotten into in the first place.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Mahoning posted:

Haha I said from the very beginning that all it does is shift the bitching from the 3rd and 4th ranked teams to the 5th and 6th. Or the 9th and 10th. And so on.

It really doesn't help that the 4 seed won the first ever playoff either.

It also doesn't help that the 3rd ranked team was clearly there on luck and little else, and the 4th ranked team lost to a team that ended the season with a losing record.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Xombie posted:

There is seriously no argument for taking Ohio State out of the CFP that doesn't also discount TCU via their loss to Baylor.

Baylor isn't Virginia Tech.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
There were co-champions when K-State and OU ended with the same conference record. K-State got the Fiesta Bowl automatic bid because of their head to head victory with OU.

It's not loving rocket science, people.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Omne posted:

So OSU beat #2, #4, #5 and #13. Baylor beat #3. TCU beat..........oops. #17 in a bowl game?

Even if you discount bowl season, then OSU has wins over #4 and #13, Baylor keeps its #3 win and TCU still beat no one in the top 25 at seasons end. Not sure the argument for TCU over OSU makes much sense, but what do I know

Kansas State, motherfucker. :colbert:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
All the schools that got creamed in the playoffs weren't from the Big XII, that's how. :colbert:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Congratulations to Joe Paterno on allowing the rape of children to happen for years and to not even get a slap on the wrist. The system is good and just.

He's loving dead and died while everyone still hated him. His last memory of his legacy was coal black, and he went to the grave knowing that the only thing anyone would ever remember him as is the guy who did nothing to stop child molestation.

Yeah, totally a slap on the wrist.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Oh, a really old man died. Yes, that's some serious punishment for letting children continually get raped.

I feel the need to point out that I'm not defending him or anything. It was loving disgusting.

But the idea that because his wins are being reinstated after he's been dead for a year and change makes it 'just a slap on the wrist' is really some revisionist history there.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Yeah, that's what I was going for.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

K-State @ Vandy in '17, return in '20. I guess one of those games might hypothetically be interesting.

Is there a post-Snyder plan in place or will they be on the market like everyone else?

I'm reasonably sure Snyder is going to want his kid (currently K-State's special teams coach, in addition to playing on the team in the 90's) to step up to the plate. At least, he's the guy I'd be least upset with, since he knows the system inside and out from both sides of the ball.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Basil Hayden posted:

I know UK is pretty low on the pecking order in football but I still feel like I should object to a proposed system that cuts us off from three of the four conference opponents we've played more than fifty games against.

"Cuts you off" in the sense that you only play them every other year instead of every year.

Big whoop.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I see one marked "TBA", which is probably the source of confusion.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

quote:

A.A Ron Rodgers

Jesus I'm dying.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Translation: We didn't want to put in the effort to actually improve our schedules, so have a different definition of 'improve'.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Sash! posted:

I used to go to spring games. It was usually one of the first decent weather weekends of the spring and I'd see friends I hadn't seen in a while. But the novelty wore off and I started to feel too old to hang around campus and the bar scene but too young for the alumni stuff.

Sometimes I forget you're not actually an old and angry half-midget.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Frackie Robinson posted:

I don't understand freshman ineligibility. Do they think it's going to make guys more likely to go to class if they're not playing? The one and done phenomenon is only an issue is basketball, and only effects a tiny percentage of players in that case.

It's probably also physically safer for them to be able to spend a year in the system, practicing against other college-caliber players and spending time in the gym/weight room.

I'm kinda for it. I like the idea of "Five for five" better.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Frackie Robinson posted:

If a player is at a point where you fear for their safety on the field, I don't think they're going to see much action as a true freshman as it is.

Good job missing the forest for trees. Any true freshman regardless of athletic ability would benefit from a year spent training and conditioning. These kids are still developing, and injuries can happen to anyone.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

The Notorious ZSB posted:

That's like at best stupid teenager poo poo and not really paedophelia imo :colbert:

But it's still dumb and prb means he's guaranteed a redshirt at the bare minimum and at the worst case we'll prb never see him again :smith:

This sort of thing leaves me torn in ways that also make me uncomfortable because I'm torn.

On the one hand they're stupid teenagers.

On the other he should know better.

On my mythical mutated third hand, he's still a stupid teenager too.

Basically age of consent is a tricky thing that probably gets more people in trouble than it really needs to.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Declan MacManus posted:

14 year olds, dude

News: 14 year olds still have brains and can decide to lie to people.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Seeing Kansas State in this thread does me good, especially since it's not bad news.

Being a K-State fan this time of year is an exercise in stony patience, because no one is going to hear poo poo about K-State football for the next four months.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I'm loving terrified. Only the knowledge that Coach Snyder is a magic wizard from another time keeps me from panicking really bad.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Raku posted:

Not while we have future Heisman winner JK Scott

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xtk_6RttVC8

I want it to be true. He kicked some serious rear end during that Ohio State game.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Raku posted:

I just want to know why we don't have him doing field goals when his high school coach was sending him in at 72 yards

:stare:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Houston fits that description.

It also is immediately disqualified because Texas sucks.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
That's a nice little table for showing where coaches graduated from. I'd like to see a nice little table for showing where coaches got their start as assistants.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Well Bob I'd say there's some pretty strong evidence that the playoff committee cares how you determine a champion.

They don't care how, they care that there's only one.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I'm imaging the best team in the country deliberately losing every single game, just for an automatic bid at the playoffs.

It'd be worth it to see.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
It was on ESPN2 last night. It was the weirdest poo poo, seeing a loving MOBA match between UC Berkeley and ASU.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Tyler Lockett got drafted by the Seahawks.

gently caress everything.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
That WR that came sprinting back at fast-forward speeds was pretty great.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

quote:

If Urban Meyer wants to coach somewhere with three non-NFL grade quarterbacks and leave a toxic mess where no one will notice, the Cleveland Browns are ready when he is.

:drat:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Anyone looking for a down school to root for should hop on the KU bandwagon. It's disappointment, but it's also a 110% known quantity so it can never actually get worse and it might just get better.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2015/5/18/8621193/connor-halliday-is-done-and-thats-a-happy-ending

A tribute to the life and times of Connor Halliday, tragic hero.

:smith:

But on the other hand, he's saved himself from having the misfortune of playing for Washington.

Here lies Connor Halliday. He threw a lot.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
My rooting order:

Kansas State -> Kansas (out of pity, and because I want rivals to at least look us in the eye while we stomp all over them, instead of at the turf in shame before the game even starts) -> Everyone else in the BigXII -> gently caress Texas -> MAC/midmajors -> gently caress Boise State for no reason in particular -> Most other conferences -> gently caress the SEC -> gently caress Alabama and OSU more -> gently caress FSU the most.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Wanvig posted:

gently caress Texas needs to be higher IMO

Big XII -> Everyone else.

I will say gently caress Texas until everyone who loves Texas as a state, a college, and a statement of popular culture withers and dies, but it still gets priority over some SEC scrubs in the rooting order.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

And just because posting that for you is probably mean and cruel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN3xHvI6wXw

Don't apologize for doing God's work.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Wanvig posted:

Not as down with this as I thought.

It's rooting order, not liking order. gently caress Texas. But if Texas wins against OOC opponents, the BigXII looks better.

gently caress Texas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Detroit_Dogg posted:

SportingNews ranked the coaches so have a list of the top 10

Meyer
Saban
Dantonio
Patterson
Briles
Harbaugh
Shaw
Snyder
Spurrier
Petersen

Snyder should clearly be at least three spots up from here.

• Locked thread