Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Div III Kalamazoo beat Hope 30 - 29
Div I - FBS Virginia Tech beat Ohio St 35 - 21

CELEBRATE WITH BELLS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Democrazy posted:

I was honestly expecting Cardale Jones to be transferring rather than declaring. I think it would be a better long term move for him. He needs to get some coaching some someone who has a proven ability to develop quarterbacks for the next level, someone who has a history of sending kids to the NFL but also someone who isn't already wed to their starter.

Someone like Jim Harbaugh at Michigan.

He would have to sit a year and being 22 already that isn't an option. if he wants to transfer he has to go to D2 then likely leave after destroying the competition there.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
What's the Big 12?

E: More like the Little 10.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Brian from MGoBlog is tweeting that there are legs of Stanford QB Kevin Hogan transferring to Michigan as a 5th year Grad Transfer.

I know he isn't great, but I think he could bring stability to that position and give our current QBs another year to get ready.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

korrandark posted:

Cardale's roommate with a hot take.

:allears:

god damnit, i'm not supposed to like a player on loving Ohio State.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Eltoasto posted:

Alex Smith is also better than 95% of qb's drafted in any given year.

Yeah, you can thank Jim Harbaugh for the reason that Alex Smith is still in the NFL, too.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Eltoasto posted:

I'll try to slip that in while thanking him for making Luck good.

:hfive:

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Shane Morris future NFL superstar???

I don't think Morris starts next year. I think it'll be Wilton Speight.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
I wouldn't say phenomenal for Cribbs, but very good at his specialization.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
gently caress Joe Paterno.

Strobe posted:

He's loving dead and died while everyone still hated him. His last memory of his legacy was coal black, and he went to the grave knowing that the only thing anyone would ever remember him as is the guy who did nothing to stop child molestation.

Yeah, totally a slap on the wrist.

Good

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

JT Jag posted:

Dying in shame and embarrassment, your legacy ruined, hated by everyone: a slap on the wrist according to goons.

Good.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

JT Jag posted:

Joe Paterno wakes up, to learn that the news has broken, someone has learned about the cover up. The curtain is going to fall on his reputation. He can fight it, but... it's only a matter of time. He is ruined. And then he looks outside. Fire. He is in Hell.

This is how he wakes up every day now.

This owns.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Maybe it should be framed different, but you should still be able to honor great coaches/players from teams that are currently in your league that didn't coach/play in it.

Should be named 'Football Icons' or something.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

AsInHowe posted:

Tom Brady, guy who never really had many complete games at Michigan, because the boosters wanted Michigan Man Drew Henson in there instead

Drew Henson was better than Brady in college.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Recruiting has never been Florida's problem.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Florida Recruiting

2012 - #3 Class
2013 - #4 Class
2014 - #9 Class

I mean sure. You're going through a coaching change (with a relatively underwhelming hire with regards to name) so of course you're not going to have a ton of recruits right now.

If your new staff can develop players, you'll be very good in 2 years.

Same with Michigan (although Harbaugh and co has a more proven track record).

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Spacemonkey57 posted:

I don't watch anything other than games on ESPN, but I would watch the poo poo out of this show.

5 machines, each with pingpong balls representing one of their schools.

Drop 2 balls, it'd be like the lottery!

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

DJExile posted:

Ohio State led the nation in attendance last year, averaging 106,000 fans.

THANKS HOKE

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

DJExile posted:

This is fair, but it didn't help that Michigan had an absolute dogshit home schedule last year. I remember a lot of season ticket holders were complaining about it over the summer.

Yeah, they did. The Big Ten bent Dave Brandon over during the realignment. There isn't any reason MSU and OSU should be on the same home/away schedule.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Thoguh posted:

Did Michigan get hit any worse than anybody else though? I know that my friends who are Iowa or Nebraska fans have been (understandably) pretty underwhelmed by the Big Ten schedules now that they've gone to 14.

Iowa's home schedule next year: Illinois State, Pitt, North Texas, Illinois, Maryland, Minnesota, Purdue

The only game on that list that is attractive at all is Minnesota. Though I'd laugh my rear end off if the Fightin' McCarneys of North Texas beat them in Iowa City.

Nebraska and Iowa should be loving ecstatic over the realignment given the West teams.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Thoguh posted:

Easier to get wins but it comes at the expense of lovely home schedules most years.

If you're winning 10+ games a year those stands are gonna be full anyway.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
John O'Korn? Is he good? Why is he at Houston?

So in two years Michigan will have:

SR - Shane Morris
RS-JR John O'Korn
RS-SO Wilton Speight
RS-FR/SO - Alex Malzone
RS-FR/SO - Zach Gentry
2016 recruit or two.

I see some transfers coming.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
I'm surprised Gardner didn't make it in as a WR to see what he could do.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

LeeMajors posted:

UF hired Kerry Dixon II from FIU as WR coach.

Who?

Son of Kerry Dixon Sr.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Michigan

2008 Class went from 24 to 6
2009 from 22 to 11
2010 from 27 to about 9
2011 from 20 to 9.

Fuckin A.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Wayne Lyons is transferring from Stanford to Michigan for his 5th year.

With Peppers moving to Safety the need for a corner was big.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Deteriorata posted:

CSG hears pitch for new fight song, 'Hail and Unite'

This seems like a sound business plan destined to go places.

so Brian at MGoBlog has made it his current work to ruin this guy.

jesus.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

DJExile posted:

You or someone else that really follows Michigan can help me out here. When did Brian go batshit nuts? Was this a recent thing based around the Hoke/Brandon/Harbaugh deal, or is it like this guy has been stewing for a long rear end time and nobody noticed?

I think it was the Hoke/Brandon situation.

E: but really, he has been insane for awhile, I think. He needs to take a breath and realize it's just college sports.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

gently caress these players. Seriously. Disgusting.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

They beat Michigan

Who didn't?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Is Jake Rudock any good?

Apparently he may be Grad Transferring to Michigan.

E: Or Not?

Regnevelc fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Feb 24, 2015

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

MourningView posted:

Not especially, but he's also not godawful or anything. He's like slightly below average. He's a smart kid (he's a biochem major who is probably going to med school after he graduates) and does everything the coaches ask of him, but he doesn't have the physical talent to be a good DI QB. Normally I'd be sad to see him go because he'd be a nice backup, but I'm actually kinda glad because it means Kirk will have to fully committ to Beathard, who has a way higher ceiling. It seemed like that was the way they were headed anyway (they put out a depth chart after the bowl game entirely so they could make it clear that Beathard was the starter going forward), but I don't know that Kirk would have ever fully bought in with Rudock hanging around. He really liked Jake, and he hates changing QBs. He was year late turning the offense over to Brad Banks, and he more or less threw a Pitt game in 08 for the sake of giving Jake Christensen one last chance to keep the job over Stanzi.

e: also this is not your grandparents facebook, no one gives a poo poo what the weather is like where you are.

Thanks man. I won't be crushed one way or the other if he comes to Michigan or if he doesn't. He'd be better than Shane Morris.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
I don't see where he was wrong?

E: Ahaha the people who say they aren't Penn State, but still do the 'We Are...'

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

siriuslysomething posted:

I unironically think this is rad as hell. It's nice to support our terrible basketball team in fun ways.

If the teams combine wins they may be able to break double digits!

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

CharlestheHammer posted:

I check into the thread to see people defending pedos. I honestly did not expect that.

sports do crazy things to people, it's sad

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Dattserberg posted:

Really wondering how FSU's QB situation is going to play out going into next season. We should all discuss this or your own school's QB situation. Like, let's do this immediately, all of us.

Michigan has like 6 guys going for the job, so...

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

MourningView posted:

Morris is really loving bad. Rudock wouldn't be a bad bridge to their young guys, Harbaugh might be able to Alex Smith his way around his limitations. He can move a little, is relatively accurate and doesn't make a ton of mistakes if only because he has a baby arm and is terrified to throw deep.

That works, we don't have any WRs who can go deep anyway.

Neodoomium posted:

Michigan has something like seven quarterbacks on campus right now. One of them, surely, will be better than Nick Sheridan was.

I'm betting after this upcoming year Morris transfers. It's gonna be interesting to see who sticks around.

Next year O'Korn, Gentry, Malzone, Speight, and Morris all are eligible, O'Korn won't transfer again, but I bet Morris and one of Gentry/Malzone go.

Regnevelc fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Mar 12, 2015

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
lmao

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Spiritus Nox posted:

Bryce Petty apparently had a stellar pro day, 77 throws, 69 completions, 5 drops. Really hope he lands somewhere he can do well, sucked watching Washington eat RG3 alive.

Too bad Ariens drafted Thomas last year, I like Petty a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Shouldn't stop him if he's sitting around in the 4th or something.

Maybe, but he loved Thomas.

• Locked thread