Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I feel a lot better about losing close to OSU now you guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I'm impressed that so many people from my hometown suddenly became osu alumni last night. That's some powerful magic

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I went to the realtor and got a nice dinner around 7 last night, and I basically had my run of the city. The restaurant we went to was one that you normally need reservations for, and we could pick our seats. It was cool

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I remember when I thought the playoffs would resolve "x team should have been in" arguments. I was so young then. So full of life

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Idiot. Every child knows it's spelled "bestiality." smh.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Deteriorata posted:

As a general news item, I'm starting in on the 1909 season and the continued development of the modern game of football in the Football History thread for those who might be interested that aren't aware of it or don't have it bookmarked.

Are you doing it from memory heh heh heh...owned...

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

lamentable dustman posted:

It is the brain child of our director of recruiting Thad Turnipseed

That can't be real

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I think we can all agree that all sports own. Especially E S P O R T S.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

JRizzle posted:

what the gently caress

Get buzzfeed on the fuckin horn, boys

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Thermos H Christ posted:

Probably the best sports logo ever

What the gently caress is this. Seriously. What is it.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

My coworker gave me a cool thing

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

C2C - 2.0 posted:

I've got 2 6-packs of those that my grandfather gave to me. I am (was) under strict orders to never sell them or give them away.

Mine is getting a place of honor for sure.

Thermos H Christ posted:

The opening weekend of 2016 is gonna be so cool.

Notre Dame at Texas
Alabama vs USC at Jerry World
LSU vs Wisconsin at Lambeau
Clemson at Auburn
UCLA at Texas A&M
UGA vs UNC at the Georgia Dome

And this has me excited already.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Check it out: people can have bad opinions at the same time as having good ones. hosed up, but true

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Yo The Machine lost, Bama has its first black SGA president in 40 years, its second ever :)

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Sash! posted:

I'm slowly piecing together a sentence that combines all arguments into one single sentence so powerful it kills someone. Like the anti-life equation from the comic books.

"Actually, it's extremely good."

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Tulane got some new alts w/matte black helmets:

Wish I had better pictures.

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I thought Tulane was Green and White, why do those jerseys have blue numbers and stripes? Seems kinda umm dumb esp for an alt jersey that isn't one of your core colors.

Looks white and gold to me.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Is that the one where Tebow cried like a little bitch in his presser afterwards?

They made a plaque to commemorate the occasion.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Crotch Bat posted:

It was funny at the time, instantly became less so when they won the title that year. Heralded QB rallies team after loss en route to national title is a story every team in the country would love to be able to tell.

And yet, it's still funny.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

C2C - 2.0 posted:

The ever-eloquent Les Miles, commenting on the first scrimmage of this spring:

God bless.

Pretty sure that's an ncaa violation

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

All of our titles are real, posers :smugdog:

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

computer parts posted:

The sports that the claimed titles fall under are real, yes.

I will not stand for you sullying the good name of The Football Almanac national title.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Yuengling is good and this post is about football, because football is also good.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I sell lots of beer and pour it in glasses for people and in return they give me money, often times they give me more money than the beer cost and I get to keep the extra money. Good stuff that beer, good stuff.

#LifeHacks

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Sash! posted:

One time I was on a trampoline yelling about how Sherman should have finished the job when I spilled my Yuengling all over someone's barbecue ribs, and then it turned out they belonged to Jerry Sandusky, so I roundhouse kicked him and said "that's how they handle things in the South, like in Texas."

Best post you've ever made

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I am ready for football. Is it football yet.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

That number is way higher than I thought it would be, and now I'm sad.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

No, I think you'll find that it would actually own pretty hard. Bama should get an elephant.

It would be basically abusing the elephant, destroy the field, and probably lead to at least one person's gruesome death

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Nah, but like twice in the last couple of years they've had a tiger cub from Birmingham Zoo at a game and let it play on the field before the game and stuff. We haven't had a permanent one except for maybe a brief time in the '50s, I think. LSU's the one that keeps a live tiger.

My roommate used to think the sting that LSU's band always does had the words "miiiike the ti-GER" and I like to think he was right

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

That man is wearing a meat backpack

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Should have sent a poet

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

So, speaking as a guy who still doesn't know football history terribly well and just read through the first moderately meaty article google gave me in response to "Bear Bryant Jr UAB": you're saying this comes down to some rich gently caress on the board of trustees at UAB wanting Bama to be the only game in the state or something?

If true: Rich White Fucks continue to be the worst.

It's this one, and if it's any consolation, everyone other than that set of rich fucks thinks that it's terrible.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I'm ready for football. Let's football now, instead of months from now.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

:agreed:

Here let's post games to watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQLmE7kORQ8

And just because posting that for you is probably mean and cruel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN3xHvI6wXw

Neither of these were actually good games unless you hated or loved Alabama :colbert:

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Absolutely not

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Guys, I'm going to miss the Bama/Wisconsin game because I'm taking my wife to her first WVU game. I'm sorry everyone. I let you all down.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Raku posted:

gonna feel bad for you if Bama somehow produces a quarterback and WVU lose to Georgia Southern

I'll feel bad for myself, don't worry.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Rice ranked higher than UF

lol

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Western Michigan is also ranked higher than Michigan.

I wish I got paid to just make poo poo up

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Yikes, Baylor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

pillsburysoldier posted:

Lotta people decked out in auburn any Alabama gear for the Donald trump rally

So close to football :(

Hell yeah