Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

can a retard be an astronaut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
I think Corky Thatcher would make a p good president.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

TOOT BOOT posted:

can a retard be an astronaut

Sure just launch them up there on a rocket.

Let's make them all astronauts.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Wicker Man posted:

on the inside you mean?

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

TOOT BOOT posted:

on the inside you mean?

I suppose, but then they are going to wonder where the stars are at.

Obsidius
Nov 18, 2009

If you ever drop your
keys into a river of molten
lava, let 'em go, because
man, they're gone.

The Dennis System posted:

I think Corky Thatcher would make a p good president.

I think we have learned that anyone called Thatcher should never hold positions of power.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Wicker Man posted:

Let's make them all astronauts.

*secretly just gasses them in vans*

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

As long as the retard is a 35 year old natural-born citizen and his last name is Bush, yes

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
FINALLY a leader who will make the trains run on time

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
President Trig Palin.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
if all government officials were required to have downs, there would be no wars and everyone would be happy.

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Dan Quayle was one heartbeat away from the presidency, so yes.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

The Whole Internet posted:

Dan Quayle was one heartbeat away from the presidency, so yes.

joe biden?

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE

TOILETLORD posted:

joe biden?

You shut up! Joe Biden is a loving baller!

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Iamblikhos posted:

You shut up! Joe Biden is a loving baller!

he looks like those old aliens from star trek movie who get daily face lifts.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I would vote for a retarded president if I could. No hesitation

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
George W Bush

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
yes of course they could run but no one would vote for them at any stage so they wouldn't even get past the primaries

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Quickscope420dad posted:

FINALLY a leader who will make the trains run on time

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

I'll post the same thing I posted concerning whether that guy that was forced into a date with a cop's retarded sister was in jail or not: it all depends on if mentally handicapped people can consent.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Has anyone mentioned that Reagan was literally mentally unfit to dress himself or make cereal while he had access to nuclear launch codes.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Satsuki Kiryuin posted:

Has anyone mentioned that Reagan was literally mentally unfit to dress himself or make cereal while he had access to nuclear launch codes.

sounds like everyone obama fired.

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE

Satsuki Kiryuin posted:

But he wasn't like that when he ran, was he?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
He was starting to lose it like 1 year into his presidency and knew while he was running he would be suffering from mental deterioration. There has to be some medical thresh hold were you are forced to step down, fucker didn't know the difference between movies and actual history.

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

Satsuki Kiryuin posted:

He was starting to lose it like 1 year into his presidency and knew while he was running he would be suffering from mental deterioration.

That's not the same thing as being retarded while running though.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Idk it's really the only closest thing we have had :shrug:

Bush II was just a big fat idiot, not really all that retarded.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Longest serving president was in a wheelchair and no offense to the Republican Party but they've made it clear the last few elections that they do not want an intellectual as their candidate and would rather someone close to the common man in intelligence. So as long as that downs guy is really into god and hates brown people he's a shoe in for the republican ticket.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Satsuki Kiryuin posted:

He was starting to lose it like 1 year into his presidency and knew while he was running he would be suffering from mental deterioration. There has to be some medical thresh hold were you are forced to step down, fucker didn't know the difference between movies and actual history.

Nancy's astrologist was actually very influential in decision making during these years, no joke. :cripes:

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
Some might say that only retards run for president.

Like your mom.

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

Satsuki Kiryuin posted:

Bush II was just a big fat idiot, not really all that retarded.

Bush wasn't that dumb, to be fair. Somewhat above average, I'd say. He was too uninformed to be President and he didn't care about sounding smart, that's all.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Iamblikhos posted:

Bush wasn't that dumb, to be fair. Somewhat above average, I'd say. He was too uninformed to be President and he didn't care about sounding smart, that's all.

He was just a puppet that would do pmuch anything the republican establishment wanted, attributing independent thought to him is giving him to much credit.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Satsuki Kiryuin posted:

He was just a puppet that would do pmuch anything the rich donors wanted, attributing independent thought to him is giving him to much credit.

just like almost every president.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Satsuki Kiryuin posted:

He was just a puppet that would do pmuch anything the republican establishment wanted, attributing independent thought to him is giving him to much credit.

Watching his debates while running for Governor make it pretty apparent the guy wasn't a complete moron. In fact he was shockingly coherent and articulate. I heard (true or not) that people felt alienated by him in Texas and one of his criticisms was that he was a Yankee from the North (Yale educated, MBA, etc.) so his campaign managers had him purposely dumb down his speech to be more approachable.

Now, it is also possible that as he got older he was obviously starting to deteriorate, possibly due to heavy drug/alcohol abuse for so long. He sits around painting all day. He's basically in a nursing home.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

TOILETLORD posted:

sounds like everyone obama fired.

why is john kerry still there

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Nonsense posted:

why is john kerry still there

Teressa Heinz money and ridiculously incestous massachusetts/old New England democrat connections

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

they can run in the special election

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
STOP STEALING MY SCREENPLAYS OP!

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
Kanye West for President!

I've always hoped that someday we will show our displeasure with our broken political system by electing ridiculous celebrities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

City of Tampa posted:

Kanye West for President!

I've always hoped that someday we will show our displeasure with our broken political system by electing ridiculous celebrities.

I first thought I would just boycott national elections. My vote for President doesn't mean jack poo poo as I live in a Blue state that isn't going to swing Red. My vote for Congressmen doesn't matter because of gerrymandering. My vote for Senator doesn't matter because they don't give a poo poo what we want. Figured I'd just vote for local folks (mayor, council, gov)

Now my plan is to use my vote to fuel the fire. The more criminal politicians working only in the interests of their top sponsors we have, the faster the populous will finally have that "oh poo poo" moment and storm the castles, knock out a few of these fucks, and maybe we'll do a little bit of a rewrite to strengthen the checks & balances, and prevent "do nothing government" hostage situations.

I mean for gently caress's sake, I finally actually find myself wishing we had a Parliamentary system. Government (PM) can't get votes/support to do anything? General Election to find someone who CAN get the votes. Our system is so polarized at this point, we're only going to get worse if we don't fix how the system is run.

I mean, poo poo, some type of cultural civil war is the only other eventuality at this point if something isn't done.

...serioustalk endoftimes bs in a thread about having literal retards run for president. gently caress me

• Locked thread