Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

*Walks into crowded University classroom.*

PRETENTIOUUUUUUS
PRETENTIOOUUUUUUS
YOU FUCKERS PRETENTIOUS!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Backweb posted:

It's possible, but in my case I'm sincerely not wearing pants right now. I guess I just don't understand art.

yeah but are you only drawing attention to the sincerity of your pantslessness because usually people drawing attention to their pantslessness do it as a flippant way of exhibiting their dissolute nature? or are you just sharing the fact that youre not wearing pants? answer carefully, because depending on your answer you will either be written up in the Journal of Modern Art or told to put on some pants, you slob.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
why can't people just make things

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Frog Act posted:

things like this make me want to defund english departments

this is a much much broader set of misunderstandings

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

mostly this has to do with how unhappy most people are, and how horribly they go about trying to live their lives

accidents like this are the most common result

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

here is something from the philly theater scene, my former milieu

http://teamsunshineperformance.com/portfolio/the-sincerity-project/

i know several people involved

HALP

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

nomadologique posted:

here is something from the philly theater scene, my former milieu

http://teamsunshineperformance.com/portfolio/the-sincerity-project/

i know several people involved

HALP

oh my god, it's twee

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

seriously someone somewhere is inventing a special kind of fire to be used on these forms of expression

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
media has this problem where once you start giving everything these labels everyone starts creating sublabels and then sublabels of those labels and so on and so forth until you get to the point where the media is having a conversation with itself instead of people

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

mr.capps posted:

media has this problem where once you start giving everything these labels everyone starts creating sublabels and then sublabels of those labels and so on and so forth until you get to the point where the media is having a conversation with itself instead of actually trying to reach an audience

this is how discourse tends to function, which can be considered a problem but isn't anything to be solved; digital media accelerates the process, maybe to the point where a difference in degree becomes a difference in kind?

i don't know how many people are trying to "reach an audience" that isn't primarily other people participating in the discourse

what really turns me off is how loving lazy most of this stuff is

i still can't decide if my distaste for utter disposability is a liability in today's aesthetic economy

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
yeah but the problem is the discourse just becomes this snake eating its own tail

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

mr.capps posted:

yeah but the problem is the discourse just becomes this snake eating its own tail

welcome to the world, there's no reward or anything just try not to gently caress up

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i don't like it

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im putting on a show at the community theater where I sit in a comfortable chair wearing a sweater and show the audience pictures of my cat

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

paranoid randroid posted:

yeah but are you only drawing attention to the sincerity of your pantslessness because usually people drawing attention to their pantslessness do it as a flippant way of exhibiting their dissolute nature? or are you just sharing the fact that youre not wearing pants? answer carefully, because depending on your answer you will either be written up in the Journal of Modern Art or told to put on some pants, you slob.

I guess I'm just a slob because it's 3AM where I am and I have insomnia and I don't feel like putting on pants. I'm sincere about not wanting to wear pants though, but I don't really care that you know about that... so is that metamodernist?

Edit:

mr.capps posted:

media has this problem where once you start giving everything these labels everyone starts creating sublabels and then sublabels of those labels and so on and so forth until you get to the point where the media is having a conversation with itself instead of people

Art is Tumblr subcultures.

Backweb fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jan 13, 2015

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Backweb posted:

I guess I'm just a slob because it's 3AM where I am and I have insomnia and I don't feel like putting on pants. I'm sincere about not wanting to wear pants though, but I don't really care that you know about that... so is that metamodernist?

winner of this year's metanobel prize is... backweb

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Frog Act posted:

things like this make me want to defund english departments

poo poo like this is why liberal arts majors with masters degrees still don't get good jobs.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Like if it weren't for people like Lady Gaga occasionally being born from this kind of dumb artfag poo poo, then I'd have no problem sending all of these people to death camps.

We need more hot kinky bisexual crazy ladies in this world. At all times.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jan 13, 2015

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

nomadologique posted:

winner of this year's metanobel prize is... backweb

Sweet. Street cred.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

poo poo like this is why liberal arts majors with masters degrees still don't get good jobs.

is this why America is a country full of regards?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Like if it weren't for people like Lady Gaga occasionally being born from this kind of dumb artfag poo poo, then I'd have no problem sending all of these people to death camps.

thank you... the sweet... release...!

• Locked thread