Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Josh Lyman posted:

Nothing to worry about. No way Roger loses.

are you sure

e: ugh that tiebreaker

quote:

Tiebreak: R.Federer is serving.
1 - 0 A.Seppi loses the point with a backhand Forced Error.

Tiebreak: A.Seppi is serving.
1 - 1 A.Seppi wins the point with a forehand Volley Winner.
1 - 2 A.Seppi loses the point with a forehand Unforced Error.

3 - 1 R.Federer wins the point with a backhand Winner.
4 - 1 A.Seppi loses the point with a backhand Forced Error.

2 - 4 A.Seppi wins the point with a forehand Volley Winner.
3 - 4 R.Federer loses the point with a forehand Forced Error.

5 - 3 A.Seppi loses the point with a forehand Forced Error.
5 - 4 R.Federer loses the point with a forehand Unforced Error.

5 - 5 A.Seppi wins the point with a forehand Volley Winner.
6 - 5 A.Seppi wins the point with a forehand Winner.

R.Federer loses the set with a forehand Volley Forced Error.

colonel_korn fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Jan 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Federer serving to stay in the match. :stare:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

It's these thread titles, man

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

If you had told me Federer would lose before the finals, I would have believed you. If you had told me that it might be to Seppi, I would have called you a crazy person.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

God dammmmn that match winning shot.

Roger :(

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

NOBODY BEATS ANDREAS SEPPI 11 TIMES IN A ROW!!!

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Well I have to hope Nadal goes out now. If he wins after the poo poo the other night and his time off, I'll never be able to listen or read tennis stuff the rest of the year.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

One of Andreas Seppi, Nick Kyrgios or Malek Jaziri will make the final 8.

E: First time since 2003 that Roger doesn't at least make the semifinal at the AO :stare: This was the last major where he still had that streak going.

colonel_korn fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jan 23, 2015

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

ChaosReaper posted:

Well I have to hope Nadal goes out now. If he wins after the poo poo the other night and his time off, I'll never be able to listen or read tennis stuff the rest of the year.
Fed was always going to lose to Nadal, and Nadal was always going to lose to Djokovic.

It's still Novak's to lose unless Stan can pull something out.

Parsifal
Jan 1, 2009

wel accually u forgot Dolan
gay earth, get hosed

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Improviser posted:

gay earth, get hosed

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Woo 2 Aussies in the last 16 at the Aussie open. When was the last time that happened?

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

MacDougall posted:

Woo 2 Aussies in the last 16 at the Aussie open. When was the last time that happened?

Probably 2010. Stosur and Hewitt.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

spamman posted:

Probably 2010. Stosur and Hewitt.

Man tennis only thx.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

What the gently caress happened? I was watching Federer last night before Sky decided it was a great time to turn off my internet connection.

Cue "he's finished' headlines from the media.

Josh Lyman posted:

Nothing to worry about. No way Roger loses.

:mad:

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

MacDougall posted:

Man tennis only thx.

Hewitt and Tomic in 2012. Before that, Hewitt and Philippoussis in 2004.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Giorgi/Venus at 7pm ET is going to be lights out :getin:

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

As soon as Giorgi couldn't close out the second set she was hosed and it's a shame.

Serena looks like she needs to order an espresso.

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
6 set points wasted for Cornet. Domi up 6-5 now and serving for it. This match is so back and forth, I love it.

EDIT: Pome!

fancyclown fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jan 24, 2015

Resonance
Dec 17, 2002

Don't give me any shit about plumbers, Jan.
Exciting stuff from Keys there, great poise in the last game.

Always miss the days when I could trash my body clock and stay up all night watching the AO. Got some time off for the semi finals at least though.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Woke up to see Kvitova lost to Keys. :stare:

Welp, congrats on #19 Serena. The only person left in the draw that could possibly beat her is Azarenka, but she's still a bit rusty.

Also looks like we're going to get a 6-2 6-2 beatdown of Sharapova in the final.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Well Muguruza did trounce Serena at the French Open last year so maybe we can hope for a repeat :kiddo: though of course hard court is a different story from clay. Actually a pretty good showing for US women overall making up 4 of the last 16 (we even get a battle of the Madisons tomorrow). US men continue to stink out the joint though. Isner out in straight sets to Gilles Muller :cmon:

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Serena has a lot of dumb losses to poo poo opponents in the majors while never actually losing to Aza or Petra.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Genie through to the QF :toot: Really interested to see what she has for Sharapova this time around.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
:lol: Kyrgios almost breaking a racket and swearing in range of the the camera mic every time he loses a point.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Seppi breaks Kyrgios, racket smash, is the Italian really going deep

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Kyrgios is a loving crazy person. He'll probably end up an invincible number 1 with the intensity and perfectionism he demands of himself.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I would watch these assholes drop shot each other all day :allears:

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

MacDougall posted:

Kyrgios is a loving crazy person. He'll probably end up an invincible number 1 with the intensity and perfectionism he demands of himself.
I remember him having a Federer-eque cool and calm personality last year so he's changed alot.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Kyrgios has to be feeling the pressure right now.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Woke up in time for a last set.

MacDougall posted:

Or he'll end up like Monfils and drinking Coke Cola on court.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Sodium Chloride posted:

Woke up in time for a last set.

Or he'll end up like Monfils and drinking Coke Cola on court.

Haha true true.

Fifth set. Sweet tennis match here.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Murray wins the first set. It was worrying when he was 0-3 down but that was the usual Murray thing and not him being lifeless like at Wimbledon.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Kyrgios through in 5. Great match. If he loses in the quarters what ranking does he go up to?

Edit: Number 35 apparently. With nothing to defend until Wimbledon. He might get seeded for the French.

MacDougall fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Jan 25, 2015

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

Man I feel for Seppi after that. He was playing really well which is surprising for people after they upset Federer. I want both Murray and Dimitrov to win this so this match sucks for me.

ChaosReaper fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Jan 25, 2015

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Everyone should go find a replay of Dimitrov's racquet smash. It flew in to two pieces!

Murray did well to win but it should have been much easier. He had so many break points the match should've been over in three.

Dimitrov's court coverage is a lot better than I remember. He still makes poo poo decisions at crunch times.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I fell asleep before Nadal/Smyczek and I fell asleep before Seppi/Kyrgios.

Apparently Nick and Vika might be hooking up?!

edit: Murray wore all black for his night match now that Darth Federer is out. :devil:

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jan 25, 2015

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Sodium Chloride posted:

Everyone should go find a replay of Dimitrov's racquet smash. It flew in to two pieces!

haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4NUVmZlac8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Here lies the body of (baby) Federer

• Locked thread