Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
http://www.kelloggs.com/en_US/kelloggs-cracklin-oat-bran-cereal.html

I was wondering if someone could a cereal with more grams of fat per serving. Even Cookie Crisp, literal cookies stuffed in a cereal box, does not come close.

I am trying to put on some bulk for this cold, cold winter and I figured this would be a nice easy way. Even something like Cinnamon Toast Crunch has half the grams of fat as Cracklin' Oat Bran :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Is it good, though?

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

the part you've circled is explaining how many calories are in 1 gram of each of the three macronutrient types, it's not saying anything about the product

Barn Door
Mar 6, 2007

shut the fuck up charles

Torka posted:

the part you've circled is explaining how many calories are in 1 gram of each of the three macronutrient types, it's not saying anything about the product

Yeah, sort of confusing. This could be printed on every box of everything ever.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Torka posted:

awkward

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

i'm not even sure where you got the number 7 from

[edit]

you loving idiot

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Dregs posted:

Is it good, though?

It tastes like oatmeal cookies

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The Dregs posted:

Is it good, though?

you'd think it'd be an old person cereal but i loved it as a kid. or maybe it is an old person cereal and i was just a lame little retard

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
http://www.britstore.co.uk/Marks-an...oduct_info.html

this cereal is absolutely ridiculous. it's pieces of millionaire's shortbread.. that you pour milk on. It made me feel sick but I kept going.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Torka posted:

yeah, the interesting part about the product is the "less than 20g of saturated fat per serving" a few lines up

there's so much saturated fat in that product, they don't want to tell you exactly how much is in there and instead use "less than" to make it seem small. "The amount of saturated fat in this product is some amount less than the recommend daily maximum for human consumption".

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
What's a serving?

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

burritolingus posted:

What's a serving?

3 boxes.

They are bad at measuring and selling.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
dear OP

So you think there's 7 grams of fat per serving on a thing that says "Calories per gram: Fat 9"

There's like 15 reasons why you're a gigantic moron here.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

The Dregs posted:

Is it good, though?

It's very good, but it has a ton of sugar. It's borderline candy.

tada.wav
Dec 24, 2013

He's right, yknow.

e: Don't know why I care

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

3/4 cup

open container
Sep 16, 2008
How does palm oil destroy the rainforests?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Zazi posted:

i'm not even sure where you got the number 7 from

[edit]

you loving idiot

The Fattest PI posted:

dear OP

So you think there's 7 grams of fat per serving on a thing that says "Calories per gram: Fat 9"

There's like 15 reasons why you're a gigantic moron here.

Maybe click the link, it's in the OP before the pics even! Sheesh!!

http://www.kelloggs.com/en_US/kelloggs-cracklin-oat-bran-cereal.html

tada.wav posted:

He's right, yknow.

Thank you!! :cheers:

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Or you could learn to take screenshots better

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Yo gently caress your cereal eat toast motherfucker:argh:

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
Cracklin' Oat Bran was ambrosia-level back in the day, but then they changed the recipe and it's merely awesome now

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Youre not properly nutrified...you take lovely screenshots and will probably get a voit ball shoved up your rear end in a top hat in gym class today.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The statistics don't lie, stupid people buy high fat food products. OP is no exception.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
calories from fat are actually a good thing

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
poo poo. Came here hoping someone finally invented Grilled Cheese Sandwich O's .

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Fat is good and healthy to eat

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
i bet you're pretty "bulky" already, OP

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
I prefer bagels in the morning, cereal is for children.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
yeah that 7 grams of fat per serving is sooooooo much worse than the 15 grams of sugar in every serving

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
the ingredients are like flour, sugar, oil, sugar, oil, syrup, oil oil oil, sugar, preservatives

open container
Sep 16, 2008

Sancho posted:

Fat is good and healthy to eat

Not really if it's palm oil.

quote:

As a fresh food, it contains health benefits, such as the reduction of blood pressure and the risk of arterial thrombosis. Unfortunately, much of the commonly used palm oil is in an oxidized — that is to say, processed — form. Once the oil is oxidized, it poses health dangers on the psychological and biochemical levels, such as reproductive toxicity and organ toxicity, impacting organs such as the kidneys and lungs.

http://www.onegreenplanet.org/vegan-food/is-palm-oil-good-for-your-health/

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
eat an apple for breakfast and gut it out til lunch u pussies

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

thank u Emily Glass of onegreenplanet.org

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

The Mad Archivist posted:

or eat actual oatmeal without a shitload of butter and cream

tada.wav
Dec 24, 2013

The Mad Archivist posted:

There's at least as much sugar in an apple as there is in one serving of that cereal

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

tada.wav posted:

There's at least as much sugar in an apple as there is in one serving of that cereal

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

tada.wav posted:

you heard it here first folks, one apple is no better or worse than a bowl of lucky charms

coming up next: goons ask "why are we such fatasses???"

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
I have no idea if 7 grams is a lot or not lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

banana and coffee: delicious and you'll poop real good as well

• Locked thread