Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Watching the first series on Netflix, thought it was gonna be poo poo because it has doctor who in it and the lady with big teeth but so far it's great.

anyone else watching?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Broad City is a p funny show op ur correct

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I just started it too OP, halfway through season 1. Its very good but sometimes a bit hard to take child murder seriously when it's been spoken about in Welsh accents.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
All my friends talk about how good Boardwalk Empire is and I should probably watch it.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

All my friends talk about how good Boardwalk Empire is and I should probably watch it.

me too! maybe i will watcn it after broadchurch. im watching spongebob squarepants atm though.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country
i already knew the ending for season 1 because some tabloid shitrag ruined it for me but it was still good

season 2 is airing currently over in tea and crumpet land

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Thank you. I was thinking of watching this and now I will.

It goes downhill fast. First season was pretty good though.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

another good mystery show is Top of the lake but it kinda gets crappier at the end.

nisroc
Feb 20, 2011
Has the second season of Broadchurch started yet?

P.S. Norway has finally made a good TV show, Kampen om tungtvannet

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I like that tennant's character is very rude but the show does not try and make him likable, he is just a oval office.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Old person at work show.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
It's a great show, and I was totally floored that Sophie from Peep Show is such a good dramatic actress. I've been binging on anything with Olivia Colman in it since watching Broadchurch. Tennant was a nice surprise too, considering he's the most painfully cringeworthy Doctor.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

nisroc posted:

Has the second season of Broadchurch started yet?

yes

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

EmmyOk posted:

I just started it too OP, halfway through season 1. Its very good but sometimes a bit hard to take child murder seriously when it's been spoken about in Welsh accents.
then watch the american/canadian version called gracepoint with the same main guy but different actors but same story and filmed in vic bc

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

numberoneposter posted:

then watch the american/canadian version called gracepoint with the same main guy but different actors but same story and filmed in vic bc

why is this a thing lmao

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

hemale in pain posted:

why is this a thing lmao
i dont know but one of my friends saw nick nolte

that has to count for something i think???

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

hemale in pain posted:

why is this a thing lmao

It's so terrible. It's a shot for shot copy, yet somehow they manage to make it look so half assed and low budget. Anna Gunn, who I thought was solid in Breaking Bad does a really poor job. Tennant struggles so hard to keep up with his nasally American accent all you can do is laugh every time he opens his mouth. It's worth watching the first and last episodes after you see the original show to marvel at how badly they gently caress it up, just because Americans think European accents are Moonspeak or something.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
boardchurch is really good, yes

season series 2 starts in march

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
for slow moving brooding mysteries like broadchurch check out the fall with gillian anderson

its really really good

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i haven't seen season 2 tho

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i will watch the fall tonight, I'd watch xfiles but it's missing the subtitles on Netflix so it's kinda impossible to follow when there's anyone speaking a different language.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I finished episode 5, OP, poor Jack Marshall

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Halfway through the finale, OP, guessed who the killer was last episode though. Nigel's mum was sure she saw him but it seemed pretty clear he was robbing petrol at the time. Tom's dad is the only other person with that haircut. I am very wise

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

EmmyOk posted:

Halfway through the finale, OP, guessed who the killer was last episode though. Nigel's mum was sure she saw him but it seemed pretty clear he was robbing petrol at the time. Tom's dad is the only other person with that haircut. I am very wise

I suspected about halfway through the series since he was the only one who felt really detached from what was going on. Once he said to his wife "Well not everyone is a suspect" it confirmed it for me

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

mr.capps posted:

I suspected about halfway through the series since he was the only one who felt really detached from what was going on. Once he said to his wife "Well not everyone is a suspect" it confirmed it for me

That line did give me pause at the time because it seemed quite serious for a second, but clearly I was not as astute as you because I brushed it off. The aftermath is quite well done, poor Ellie.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

bump, just finished it! Im not gonna bother with spoilering this so just dont read my post if you've not finished it.

I did sorta have an inkling who the killer was but I wasn't 100% certain. I thought he might of just been covering for his son the way he got really annoyed when he saw him being questioned at the funeral. It also seemed really unlikely to be him so I was like "mm probably gonna be him" but it was still a big surprise.

I got a few left over questions, what was the postman arguing with danny about? There was also something about the clocks stopping at the time of Danny's death which was never explained.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Is Girls as good as Broadchurchcity?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

hemale in pain posted:

Watching the first series on Netflix, thought it was gonna be poo poo because it has doctor who in it and the lady with big teeth but so far it's great.

anyone else watching?

looks like outdated rebranded modern feminist poo poo

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

mr.capps posted:

for slow moving brooding mysteries like broadchurch check out the fall with gillian anderson

its really really good

It's not bad, but I wish she'd catch that guy and move on to a more interesting case. idk who thought they could squeeze >1 series out of chasing down that dull twat.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
jONathan creek

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

hemale in pain posted:

I got a few left over questions, what was the postman arguing with danny about? There was also something about the clocks stopping at the time of Danny's death which was never explained.

They're just red herrings, but it wouldn't surprised me if both come up doing season 2.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I know very little about law, but I feel like the killer confessing multiple times with a lawyer present should make a "Not Guilty" plea impossible

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back

Frankenstyle posted:

It's a great show, and I was totally floored that Sophie from Peep Show is such a good dramatic actress. I've been binging on anything with Olivia Colman in it since watching Broadchurch. Tennant was a nice surprise too, considering he's the most painfully cringeworthy Doctor.

Sophie/Big Teeth Girl and Tennant (doing voice-over) are both in "2012" too, which is also on Netflix. It's a 2-season miniseries comedy about the London Olympics and is pretty fun.

That show taught me that everyone in London rides foldable mini-bikes everywhere.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

EmmyOk posted:

I know very little about law, but I feel like the killer confessing multiple times with a lawyer present should make a "Not Guilty" plea impossible

no you can say whatever you want to your lawyer and it's not a crime.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
mousy dr who dude totally cannot pull off that tough guy cop role.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

TOILETLORD posted:

no you can say whatever you want to your lawyer and it's not a crime.

No it was a confession to the two police officers in a questioning room with his lawyer present

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

EmmyOk posted:

No it was a confession to the two police officers in a questioning room with his lawyer present

maybe they were just drunk and wanted to hide that fact because it's better to have a cushy job than lock up a killer.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

a creepy colon posted:

Broad City is a p funny show op ur correct

just came back on this week

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

nomadologique posted:

just came back on this week

so when was this made that screen cap makes it look like a late 80's show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

TOILETLORD posted:

so when was this made that screen cap makes it look like a late 80's show.

it was a web series which got picked up by comedy central and produced by amy poehler starting last season. season 2 just started this past wednesday.

it's probably the funniest show on tv.

• Locked thread