Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
I've seen bowling. In this movie called Pleasantville. Decent movie. All the 50s characters start turning to technicolor when they have sex or otherwise get a life. All the bowling dudes fight to remain black and white as hard as they can, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Avoid the bowling alley on Friday and Saturday nights, all your cum crusted clothing will turn neon green.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

quote:

In the 1830s, several cities in the United States banned nine-pin bowling out of moral panic about work ethic, gambling, and organized crime. Ten-pin bowling is said to have been invented in order to meet the letter of these laws
everything about this makes perfect sense

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
I never liked the expansions

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
My family owned a 5 pin bowling alley for many years, we were all pretty good at it. I think it takes more finesse than 10 pin, and you get 3 turns to knock everything down! There is no multiplier if you take all 3 turns though.

e: The balls are much smaller.

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Charles Bukowski posted:

My family owned a 5 pin bowling alley for many years, we were all pretty good at it. I think it takes more finesse than 10 pin, and you get 3 turns to knock everything down! There is no multiplier if you take all 3 turns though.

what in the gently caress

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
best weight for a ball is 12.5 it is heavy enough if you put a little muscle behind it it can hit like a 16 lber,if you are real light in your throw you get really good pin action.

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

I use a 14/11 for initial/pickup

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I bowled a 190 once

feels good man

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Hexel posted:

I bowled a 190 once

feels good man

I got drunk and blasted a 300 one night

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I heard you get all the ladies if you wear bowling shirts. Bonus points if its personalized

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
vanilla seems pretty boring there must be a good middle earth variant

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

gary oldmans diary posted:

everything about this makes perfect sense

dude who thought to add an extra pin was a criminal mastermind

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

nomadologique posted:

dude who thought to add an extra pin was a criminal mastermind

I wonder if he was related to the guy who took the soda out of an ice cream soda and called it a Sundae http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sundae#History

RusteJuxx
Jul 14, 2001

College Slice
Michael Moore lol

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

That dude is hosed up thought it was a good idea to go bowling at a highschool where kids got lit up when they have no bowling facilities smh.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Hexel posted:

I bowled a 190 once

feels good man

back when i could bowl for 99 cents or 50 cents a game years ago, i averaged 180. now i can't break 100.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Applewhite posted:

strikes are good? Then how come "3 strikes" is a bad thing? Is there a rule in bowling where if you get three strikes in a row you lose or something?

its kinda like rolling doubles in monopoly. one is good but too many in a row is bad hth

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

BossRighteous posted:

But really, what is a Bowling Green?

it's a special strain of weed grown hidden in the mechanisms of bowling alley gutters

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

RideTheSpiral posted:

I got drunk and blasted a 300 one night

that's a big lady

\/\/\/\/

My cats drink from my lawn bowls.

root of all eval fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jan 13, 2015

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
I was just at the old bowl field last night playing some bowling. It is a pretty fun game. Winston Thurman is my favorite bowlist.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Sometimes I get so mad I just want the next set of pins put down to be a bunch of toddlers.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
This bowling, would you consider it a sport or a game?

Nirvana7x
Feb 2, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jneu0Ifw0GQ

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Bowling is super fun & super lame so I'm surprised hipsters havent ruined it yet

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

unlimited shrimp posted:

Bowling is super fun & super lame so I'm surprised hipsters havent ruined it yet

fkn hipsrers

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

unlimited shrimp posted:

they play 9 pin with that little like 3 lbs ball.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
imagine a hipster in a slim-fit bowling shirt and bespoke bowling shoes sipping a PBR at the lanes & talking about a Pitchfork article he just read

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
dude's not in a league but he has his name embroidered on the front and a black flag patch on the back

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
the bowling shoes cost $300.00 but he carries his ball in a bag he found at Goodwill

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
how did you find my fanfic??

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

NihilismNow posted:

This bowling, would you consider it a sport or a game?
if its a game you can play by yourself taking turns with someone else doesnt make it a sport :colbert:

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
i use kids balls because i have puny t-rex arms

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
"get this: alamo drafthouse, but it's a bowling alley"

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Sir John Feelgood posted:

It's when you roll a heavy ball down a long wooden lane with ten pins at the end of it, and your object is to knock down as many of the pins as you can. You have two tries. If you knock them all down on the first try, it's called a Strike.

Three sentences to explain bowling, jesus. Do you think you could spare it?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

unlimited shrimp posted:

it's too expensive in cities

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

whoflungpoop posted:

i use kids balls

same

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

The lane monitors show you how fast you throw the ball. The first to reach 25mph ends the match immediately and usually wins for their team because of the high points it garners.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer
I suck at bowling. I've literally been beaten by Cub Scouts. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
I'm not too bad at it, once I get "in the zone" (i.e. drunk)

• Locked thread