Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
GBS I started watching Heroes on Netflix and I have a question

There are two characters who speak almost exclusively Japanese and there are entire 5 minutes scenes of this. Netflix doesn't have subtitles for the scenes. Is this intentional and how it was originally broadcast or did they do something loving stupid somehow and remove them? I've also heard I shouldn't watch past the first season - confirm/deny?

TIA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
You have the buy the manga tie in to know what they are saying.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Kumbamontu posted:

GBS I started watching Heroes on Netflix and I have a question

There are two characters who speak almost exclusively Japanese and there are entire 5 minutes scenes of this. Netflix doesn't have subtitles for the scenes. Is this intentional and how it was originally broadcast or did they do something loving stupid somehow and remove them? I've also heard I shouldn't watch past the first season - confirm/deny?

TIA

i remember on tv the point i realized that show was poo poo, it was the first time nothing happened for 5 epeisodes in a row of any importance.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
save the cheerleader lol

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

i think the show fell apart when there was the "wish for unlimited wishes" scenario but i wont ruin it for the OP

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

mr.capps posted:

You have the buy the manga tie in to know what they are saying.

well that makes more sense, gently caress NBC

skateboardjesus
Oct 16, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I watched like 5 episodes then skipped to the end and I was still caught up. I think there's like a million episodes in that first season also.

efb sorta

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
remember when the main character dumps his GF in a distopian future and never mentions her again?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
it was broadcast with subtitles

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I stopped watching at the "God is a cockroach" speech. Was the rest of the show as much pretentious bullshit?

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Applewhite posted:

I stopped watching at the "God is a cockroach" speech. Was the rest of the show as much pretentious bullshit?

???? are you a christain?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
remember when sylar was just a dude in a jacket and ball cap punching people.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

show sucked

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

it seemed like it would be good first few episodes because it was different than other shows at time, was first show of era to really just do the too many characters all without enough screen time made for binge watching only shows.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

1gnoirents posted:

???? are you a christain?

I wasn't offended by his speech, just super annoyed because that whole scene just oozed "philosophy 101."

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
hayden panettiere was in a cheerleader costume DONT JUDGE ME

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

gary oldmans diary posted:

hayden panettiere was in a cheerleader costume DONT JUDGE ME

she only became famous because you could see a hint of her vagina in a cheer leader costume.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
capps why did you lie to me

apparently it's an issue with watching Netflix on a Roku device that can be fixed be uninstalling and reinstalling the Netflix channel. that's a dumb bug

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

TOILETLORD posted:

she only became famous because you could see a hint of her vagina in a cheer leader costume.
heh nah going through still frames isnt what it once was
she got famous cause shes real good to look at and she is

Kumbamontu posted:

youre guilty of believing the lie

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Applewhite posted:

I wasn't offended by his speech, just super annoyed because that whole scene just oozed "philosophy 101."

nice dodge, spotted

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Kumbamontu posted:

apparently it's an issue with watching Netflix on a Roku device that can be fixed be uninstalling and reinstalling the Netflix channel. that's a dumb bug
Capps is a bad person.

I thought Netflix just scrubbed all subtitles though? I remember somebody was complaining about that being done for the character introduction things in Burn Notice.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Strudel Man posted:

Capps is a bad person.

I thought Netflix just scrubbed all subtitles though? I remember somebody was complaining about that being done for the character introduction things in Burn Notice.

that seems like a weird choice. i found a post on a roku forum about the issue because apparently all the subtitles from every show mysteriously disappear

i was able to confirm subtitles are definitely supposed to be there by just loading up an episode on a browser window. they're there.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
thought id watch some heroes to look for some fabled panty shots real quick but those old xvids are so low res
we were like goddamn cavemen back then

also apparently heroes is gonna be rebooted as heroes reborn this year

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

thought id watch some heroes to look for some fabled panty shots real quick but those old xvids are so low res

also apparently heroes is gonna be rebooted as heroes reborn this year

they should just make it a cartoon so they have a budget to actually do stuff.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Strudel Man posted:

Capps is a bad person.

hmm, this may be true

Dr. Snuggles
Dec 3, 2012

Tbh some of us (Pick) use this website more than others and I feel that I am unfairly subsidizing picks posting. Unless some kind of fee by post usage is enabled were basically instituting a forced welfare state of posting.
i wanna b that hero where my actual hero ability is just schizophrenia.

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
OP watch Alphas instead for your "x-men but we can't say it because copyright" fix.

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
post =/= edit

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Kumbamontu posted:

older roku boxes don't have netflix subtitles lol

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
5'2" hayden panettiere gets plowed deep and wide by the world heavy weight boxing champion regularly

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

5'2" hayden panettiere gets plowed deep and wide by the world heavy weight boxing champion regularly

let me rephrase that

the world heavy weight boxing champion gets to plow 5'2" hayden panettiere deep and wide regularly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Kumbamontu posted:

There are two characters who speak almost exclusively Japanese and there are entire 5 minutes scenes of this. Netflix doesn't have subtitles for the scenes. Is this intentional and how it was originally broadcast or did they do something loving stupid somehow and remove them?

To be fair, this is what you missed:

Short Guy: I have magic powers!
Tall Guy: Shut the gently caress up.
Short Guy: Here's me using my powers. *uses powers*
Tall Guy: Oh neat.
Short Guy: Wanna do a road trip in the US?
Tall Guy: k

Kumbamontu posted:

I've also heard I shouldn't watch past the first season - confirm/deny?

Depends on if it's worth watching bad TV to see just how spectacularly they gently caress up seasons 2-4, it's pretty loving amazing how hard the show tanks (and it already kinda goes downhill near the end of season 1).

Applewhite posted:

"Humans use only 10% of their brains" was in like the first scene of the first episode so...

• Locked thread