Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
AT&T went down for the entire area around Akron, Ohio.

Apparently our 911 system runs on AT&T so the news is trying to give everyone the direct numbers for police, fire fighters, etc.

Considering that nobody memorized any of those numbers, you should all probably come to Akron, Ohio to get all your looting, murdering, and raping in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
dear 911, I'm gay and dead

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

lol im not going to ohio

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
sounds like a pretty funny situation, op

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Parallax Scroll posted:

lol im not going to ohio

But we have rubber!

And ugly hookers and crack.

Mostly the the last two, only a little of the first 1

wilderthanmild fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jan 14, 2015

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

I've always wondered why like 811 or something isn't an autorouter to a non-emergency response line. Sometimes I want to call police for non critical things like erratic drivers.

One time dispatch had me stay on the line and follow a driver for like 35 blocks until they ducked into a residential neighborhood. Of course Deputy Dewey rolls up like 10 seconds later notably annoyed to get my statement.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

BossRighteous posted:

I've always wondered why like 811 or something isn't an autorouter to a non-emergency response line. Sometimes I want to call police for non critical things like erratic drivers.

One time dispatch had me stay on the line and follow a driver for like 35 blocks until they ducked into a residential neighborhood. Of course Deputy Dewey rolls up like 10 seconds later notably annoyed to get my statement.

Because your city sucks? In non-lovely cities 811 is for digging, 511 is for traffic, 311 is non-emergency and 211 is health and human services.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jan 14, 2015

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

lol that's probably the case here too and I am a dolt.

\/\/\/\/

This guy was fuuuucked up

root of all eval fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jan 14, 2015

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

BossRighteous posted:

snitches get stitches

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Whoa. I live close to Akron.

Do we have any stand your ground laws? I'm...asking for a friend...who saw The Purge: Anarchy.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

BossRighteous posted:

lol that's probably the case here too and I am a dolt.

Probably not, if I'm in my city proper 311 gets you a live operator 24/7 that can get you to any city department, take a report about something stupid like a signal light being annoying, basically anything. If you leave the city to a suburb chances are it won't work and it's a nightmare trying to figure out how to talk to someone in the city about anything.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Gatts posted:

Whoa. I live close to Akron.

Do we have any stand your ground laws? I'm...asking for a friend...who saw The Purge: Anarchy.

Didn't you hear?

We don't have laws anymore!

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
get up, get get get down
AT&T is a joke in your town

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
lol if you actually want to talk to the police and your not bleeding out from stab wounds

mrlego
Feb 14, 2007

I do not avoid women, but I do deny them my essence.
I'm in CA and we lost a third of our AT&T service capacity at a hospital. We could not make calls out. It was great

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I am dead. I was stabbed. 911 told me all circuits are busy and they were sorry though, so I will respect that.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
See if you live in Akron I'd figure you'd welcome the sweet embrace of death :shrug:

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life

wilderthanmild posted:

I am dead. I was stabbed. 911 told me all circuits are busy and they were sorry though, so I will respect that.

dude i bet you could make a post to your local police's facebook page and they would respond just as fast.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

so whats cool in akron?

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

See if you live in Akron I'd figure you'd welcome the sweet embrace of death :shrug:

The dream of places not akron keeps us all alive.

i am kiss u now
Dec 26, 2005

College Slice
http://vimeo.com/49730996

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action
Why are you on the internt when you could be out doing some crime right now?

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

swampland posted:

Why are you on the internt when you could be out doing some crime right now?

Do you not have the SA app on your phone?

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action
good point and good luck with the crimes

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

fyodor posted:

so whats cool in akron?

....ummm...Luigis pizza? Lock 3 and one ways and nightclubs with 0 parking and stuffs.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

wilderthanmild posted:

AT&T went down for the entire area around Akron, Ohio.

Apparently our 911 system runs on AT&T so the news is trying to give everyone the direct numbers for police, fire fighters, etc.

Considering that nobody memorized any of those numbers, you should all probably come to Akron, Ohio to get all your looting, murdering, and raping in!

thats illegal in my state lol

sorry that ohio sucks balls try not living in the poo poo parts of america

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
just send them an email dingus

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.
is it that ohio residents are just so backwards that cell phones arent common?

because its a requirement that cell phones be able to make emergency calls, even if your plan's service is down it will use whatever the nearest tower is

e: and even if you are too dumb to know that your phone can make 911 calls with 0 bars, you should still realize that you can use wifi to find the local police number and then call them through an internet service

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

is it that ohio residents are just so backwards that cell phones arent common?

because its a requirement that cell phones be able to make emergency calls, even if your plan's service is down it will use whatever the nearest tower is

e: and even if you are too dumb to know that your phone can make 911 calls with 0 bars, you should still realize that you can use wifi to find the local police number and then call them through an internet service

The point is that the 911 service itself is down because AT&T was providing the service for the 911 call centers, not that people are like "I have no bars, I cannot make calls!". Basically AT&T's entire infrastructure just collapsed here, so even the absolutely critical stuff they were supporting is hosed and dead. The latest news reports make it sound like the pretty much have to replace an entire facility of some kind.

Also lol @ the idea of running around looking for wifi in an emergency.

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

thats illegal in my state lol

sorry that ohio sucks balls try not living in the poo poo parts of america

Illegal how?

• Locked thread