Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

In Arkham origins, the Riddler (E.Nigma) has hidden 123 shitloads of green square "Extortion files" through the city, in the dumbest most impossible places that require the dumbest gadgets (like a Glue Gun or Electricity Gloves) to acquire

If Batman does not find 100% of these files, they shall be uploaded somewhere and published and RUIN people's lives because of extortion and blackmail

My question is: Why would Batman care that these people would get their secrets exposed they're probably also criminals, he shouldn't give a poo poo that Bill Tedster is banging his secretary and his wife will find out

If anything he'd be interested in all that information, why does he give a gently caress about protecting petty interests, he's busy stopping whole Hotels from being blown up and scores of people being murdered by the Joker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

because batman is actually the villain, think about it

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Littering is a crime

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

because batman is a child-like idiot who thinks it's OK to break bones, ribs and teeth in the pursuit of justice, but not OK to blackmail people

Free Cheese
Sep 16, 2005
Come on, it's free
Buglord
More than half involve Bruce Wayne's infamous donkey parties

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Because its a game and comic and character for children

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

more like the fiddler

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

more like, fatman

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

more like extortion biles

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

enraged_camel posted:

because batman is a child-like idiot who thinks it's OK to break bones, ribs and teeth in the pursuit of justice, but not OK to blackmail people

Yeah Batman should just let bad people kill him.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

its a good challenge and batman likes challenges (ie doesnt use guns)

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
You asking what Mr. Contigency-For-Every-Possible-Situation would want with compromising information on powerful people?

PantsandCola
Aug 17, 2013

you did good... you did good
why not kill the riddler

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

burritolingus posted:

Yeah Batman should just let bad people kill him.

i wish

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the comics had this concept of the riddler becoming a good guy and private eye and still being an rear end in a top hat which i enjoyed

basically what i am saying is why isn't there a video game where you are the riddler solving mysteries. you could have riddles that are basically the puzzles in professor layton and the mysteries could be like ace attorneys

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

the whole batman character and universe doesnt make much sense i dont think its v good tbh :shobon:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

katlington posted:

the whole batman character and universe doesnt make much sense i dont think its v good tbh :shobon:

what

what other comic book character makes sense

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Don Tacorleone posted:

what

what other comic book character makes sense

almost as though comics.... are for....... children?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

he probably just keeps the sex video tapes for his own enjoyment and doesn't care about helped blackmailed people

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
It's the digital age, it's not like the Riddler couldn't have just done a copy and paste and have duplicates hidden behind a brick in the wall or emailed to an obscure Infoseek e-mail address.

That'd be a fun trick though, Batman spending his entire career trying to keep Riddler from uploading secrets onto the Internet by continuously using threats of posting the copies again and again. Even the Joker would golf clap that one... Then brutally murder someone.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

BIG BOY EXPO 2K posted:

almost as though comics.... are for....... children?

who cares? I enjoy

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
None of it matters because the only real Batman was this guy

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

This isn't from Batman but rather from The Authority which is another great comic book, they're traveling through alternate universes and stumble upon one where Batman from the 60's is real and highly effective (for like 2 pages)

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.
even as a kid i wondered how batman professed to never kill anyone but was okay with throwing baddy mooks into shark infested waters or throwing them off the top of a skyscraper to their death

i think batman was a pretty poorly thought out hero beset by unresolved cognitive dissonances and has very little merit in the broad scheme of comics and in the larger picture of media/art

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
because he's not a hero, he's an errand boy sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

i think batman was a pretty poorly thought out hero beset by unresolved cognitive dissonances and has very little merit in the broad scheme of comics and in the larger picture of media/art

what

Comfy Fleece Sweater fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jan 14, 2015

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

i would totally dig an effort post from someone who likes batman about how im wrong

imo brave and the bold is easily the best batman series ever because it makes fun of his stupid ideologies and cognitive dissonances, in a cheery way thats fun rather than "LET ME WRITE YOU AN ESSAY CRITIQUING THIS CHARACTER"

the whole franchise got blown up way too fast and they had to cram lovely writers in along with the good ones and they made a canon that is more stupid and illogical than the average comic

nothing wrong with that because its just lovely kids media but you cant go and claim batman is high art or even worthwhile as literature when compared to similar episodic action/hero/anti-hero stories

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

i would totally dig an effort post from someone who likes batman about how im wrong

imo brave and the bold is easily the best batman series ever because it makes fun of his stupid ideologies and cognitive dissonances, in a cheery way thats fun rather than "LET ME WRITE YOU AN ESSAY CRITIQUING THIS CHARACTER"

the whole franchise got blown up way too fast and they had to cram lovely writers in along with the good ones and they made a canon that is more stupid and illogical than the average comic

nothing wrong with that because its just lovely kids media but you cant go and claim batman is high art or even worthwhile as literature when compared to similar episodic action/hero/anti-hero stories

me too

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

lol you think this is a good thing that is cool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx6l39BR_FM

smdh

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

lol you think this is a good thing that is cool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx6l39BR_FM

smdh

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

did he end up fuckin the goat?

a friend wants to know

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

did he end up fuckin the goat?

a friend wants to know

You'll just have to read the next Batman issue to find out the riveting finale to this story! Excelsior!

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Don Tacorleone posted:

You'll just have to read the next Batman issue to find out the riveting finale to this story! Excelsior!

DUDE JUST loving TELL ME IM ALMOST THERE

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Don Tacorleone posted:

This isn't from Batman but rather from The Authority which is another great comic book, they're traveling through alternate universes and stumble upon one where Batman from the 60's is real and highly effective (for like 2 pages)

So he was more attractive when he might have fought her?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

even as a kid i wondered how batman professed to never kill anyone but was okay with throwing baddy mooks into shark infested waters or throwing them off the top of a skyscraper to their death

He doesn't do that though, except in, like, Tim Burton films?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Uncle Wemus posted:

So he was more attractive when he might have fought her?

yeah

she's a bit hosed up

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
wrap it up batfailures this here's the one true canon batman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf5NmXbU-SM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

batman doesn't use guns, but has no problems mounting rocket launchers and machineguns onto the side of his vehicles and killing all the enemy occupants in a fiery explosion lmao

• Locked thread