Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malt
Jan 5, 2013
Lord help me I'm considering playing this again. Anything amazing new? I stopped at that world boss patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosthula
Mar 23, 2009

DemonMage posted:

There's no reason not to kill the boss, it gives you some good bonus chests and stuff.

If just unlocking level 5 gives you the bonus then you can skip the whole level and not just the boss. Less energy used to get your bonus up.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT

Malt posted:

Lord help me I'm considering playing this again. Anything amazing new? I stopped at that world boss patch.

Probably the main thing thats relevant is new heroes, much easier progression in terms of gathering mats and things to boost level, and labyrinth shits gold now.

So all up it's less grindy

Wet Bandit
Nov 6, 2005

Malt posted:

New patch should be out from now till mid April. 7*s and new market, buying stuff like 3* fusion/refined stones for courage. With us merging we're easily 2nd guild on server now. We miss you!

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
For the millionth time, are there going to be new 7*s from what people have seen, or are we only upgrading the current heroes to 7*? As upgrading them sounds way less fun. Being able to buy 3* stones would be nice, I upgraded my king's wand to an ancient wand as I'm closing in on a second holy wand. Gonna get that Zodiac someday.

Wet Bandit
Nov 6, 2005

Unfortunately not new. It's starting out with tanks like ethnia drog with starters in the patch after. We have 1 reliable dude on our server playing cpk giving us updates on stuff who I trust. There's also new hero gate stuff with tons more evo hero mats. Not sure which patch tho.
15 minutes a day to play is well worth the device space and how zq can screw up now and then =D

Nosthula
Mar 23, 2009
Late to the pirate life party. Applied as Nosthula.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Alright! I finally got my Brend!

I'm going to have to get like three more to awaken it aren't I?

:negative:

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Or 6 pink heroes/gold maskes or some combination. You might also want a second Brend to use.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

DemonMage posted:

Or 6 pink heroes/gold maskes or some combination. You might also want a second Brend to use.
Hmmm, pinks seem more difficult than spin tickets. Even with tower tasks the summon vouchers really eat up diamonds. Maskes will come with time of course, naturally I just used one to up my Candy Can.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Once you get up to the 100+ normal Lab you'll get a lot more free summon tickets and money for star chests = more summon tickets. I usually do a 11x summon every day.

BrightGreenLine
Sep 2, 2004
oh :gonk:
Before i got a new phone, I was getting so many summon vouchers a day that I couldn't spend them all doing just the tower 11x event.

Wet Bandit
Nov 6, 2005

I'm at over 6500 pink gems with nothing to use them on. Guess I'll get Oct but still late game is p nuts. Spending 600 spin vouchers on gold a day fueling gearing up. All Kings is tier 9 and up.

Heard for Zodiac you might need tier 12 Ancient along with the 3 tier 5 Holy. Hoping that's not true.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Yeah I mean I had to get a bunch of heroes when I came back and I'm at 4/6 awakened spin heroes, down to dual Ethnia's to awaken and then my pinks are just being saved up for... whenever they bring in new heroes worth a drat. Either pinks for albums, or new 7*s for actual fun.

And I'm pretty close to two holy wands, and have an ancient wand, so if I'm somehow closer than you, I'll let you know =-p

Wet Bandit
Nov 6, 2005

When I first heard about Ancient I did a wand to test it out. It's at tier 3 so I can see in a day or so if getting it to tier 5 will work with combining. I get a blank pop up when I try and combine so maybe it'll say something when the criteria is met :shrug:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Decided I was tired of looking at Master Wu in my backup slot and put together some Rogas tokens I had lying around for a second Rogas and transferred him into that. Now it's just stupid Mulch who dies early but he is the only 6* warrior I've got.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Kings gear retains awaken status when going to ancient and zodiac right?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Ancient for sure. Should for Zodiac too.

Mega Shark
Oct 4, 2004
What is the S on the bottom right of a portrait?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Mega Shark posted:

What is the S on the bottom right of a portrait?

It means the the card is awoken. For character cards, it increases stats and makes the crit skill active on turn one

Mega Shark
Oct 4, 2004

gwrtheyrn posted:

It means the the card is awoken. For character cards, it increases stats and makes the crit skill active on turn one

Is there a way to awaken a card through some mechanic? Also, the Awoken card is Agrila and stastically she kicks my 5* tanks rear end. Should I put her back in, because right now I have Hanada, King Brogar and Estine on the front row with Talia and Traxus on the back row. She has a higher "score" than any of the front row tanks I have in now.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Hmm, now that I think of it is there someone I should get with spins to replace my front line before I worry about fusing Brend? All I have there right now is Sir Rogases and a Mulch.

Mega Shark posted:

Is there a way to awaken a card through some mechanic? Also, the Awoken card is Agrila and stastically she kicks my 5* tanks rear end. Should I put her back in, because right now I have Hanada, King Brogar and Estine on the front row with Talia and Traxus on the back row. She has a higher "score" than any of the front row tanks I have in now.
It's a little confusing, first off as you saw you can get some cards already 'awakened', and the process to get that S on them is actually hidden in the Fortify screen under Adv. Functions, then Fuse Hero. So you'll read it referred to as awakening but that's what we're talking about. Basically you take one hero card and feed it a bunch of same-star-level other cards, but instead of just leveling it up it uses Fusion Stones to combine into that 'awakened' state. On the right side of the screen when you pick the feeders you'll see a percent change of success, and feeding the hero a duplicate of the same hero card will increase that the most. The appropriate star-level Maske card will also get a bonus. Once you have enough cards you don't want to bring that up to 100 percent (tweak it so you don't waste any) you have to come up with three Fusion Stones of the same star rating as the hero to pay for that fusion as well. If you got all that you can hit the button and you get your boosted hero. It eats the material cards up but doesn't transfer any of their XP, but the card you boosted keeps its levels and so forth.

http://pocket-knights.wikia.com/wiki/Fortify#Fuse_Hero

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Mar 30, 2015

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
^^^^^ Get an Ethnia! And then maybe a 2nd Eliza for Labs.

Mega Shark posted:

On the Fortify screen there is a tab for Adv. Functions (can't remember when it becomes available) and the first option "Fuse Hero". It requires other heroes of the same star level to be sacrificed. Generally it's 6 heroes to get to 100% and then also a payment of Fusion Stones equal to the star level of the hero you are awakening. Generally it's not something to worry about until you start getting lots of 6 star heroes. In almost all cases a 6 Star unawakened hero is better than an awakened 5 star hero.

Mega Shark
Oct 4, 2004

CrashCat posted:

Hmm, now that I think of it is there someone I should get with spins to replace my front line before I worry about fusing Brend? All I have there right now is Sir Rogases and a Mulch.

It's a little confusing, first off as you saw you can get some cards already 'awakened', and the process to get that S on them is actually hidden in the Fortify screen under Adv. Functions, then Fuse Hero. So you'll read it referred to as awakening but that's what we're talking about. Basically you take one hero card and feed it a bunch of same-star-level other cards, but instead of just leveling it up it uses Fusion Stones to combine into that 'awakened' state. On the right side of the screen when you pick the feeders you'll see a percent change of success, and feeding the hero a duplicate of the same hero card will increase that the most. The appropriate star-level Maske card will also get a bonus. Once you have enough cards you don't want to bring that up to 100 percent (tweak it so you don't waste any) you have to come up with three Fusion Stones of the same star rating as the hero to pay for that fusion as well. If you got all that you can hit the button and you get your boosted hero. It eats the material cards up but doesn't transfer any of their XP, but the card you boosted keeps its levels and so forth.

http://pocket-knights.wikia.com/wiki/Fortify#Fuse_Hero

Thanks for the detailed explanation, that was super helpful because I knew some of parts of what you just explained but now reading it all together really makes sense.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Majumbo posted:

^^^^^ Get an Ethnia! And then maybe a 2nd Eliza for Labs.
Second Eliza? I don't have a first :(

Right now it's

Brend -- Sir Rogas
Candy Can -- Sir Rogas
Rhee -- Mulch

Rhee gets the Mulch in front of her because she's a poophead who costs too much to evolve and falls behind :v:

Wet Bandit
Nov 6, 2005

Def get a Ethnia to replace a bogus.

Got an ancient wand to tier 5, still doesn't show up on the zodiac combine screen. Anyone have some holy gear to test?

Finally got some new elites open at level 202. You don't wanna know how much exp it is to level up now lol.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

I just got my second holy wand, so it'll be a bit before I can help =-(

Wet Bandit
Nov 6, 2005

All good. I just wanna know if the pop up box goes away and or something shows up on main screen in combining.

Also when hitting the guild boss throw in some low level heroes. We're now a stupid active guild so it's better to hit once and forget it so more people can get a hit in. :australia:

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Stupid just incase question, you do have all the items you want to use unequipped right?

Wet Bandit
Nov 6, 2005

Yeah. Tried unequipped and equipped. I just hate the blank pop up box. What are you trying to tell meeeeee :argh:

Inge
Jan 16, 2007

Wet Bandit posted:

All good. I just wanna know if the pop up box goes away and or something shows up on main screen in combining.

Also when hitting the guild boss throw in some low level heroes. We're now a stupid active guild so it's better to hit once and forget it so more people can get a hit in. :australia:

Pocket nights is my alarm clock :australia:

Mega Shark
Oct 4, 2004
Ok, so I am definitely "into" this game. I just feel like I'm trying to get better now as I hit 75 this morning. I kind of feel like I may be leaving something behind or making some dumb mistake, so I'll share my current lineup and then also the other 5 star characters I have.

Current Lineup
Shi Fu --
Tarxus Brogar
Talia Estine

5* available
Hanada
Hanzen
Nexara

I know that Nexara combos with Hanzen, so that is interesting to me.

Anyways, would love any thoughts or comments.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
I don't even know if combos work properly. Get rid of brogar though, he's a suicidal tank whose crit ability makes him die quicker. Check the wiki for stats but tarxus is fine to stick with, her crit isn't super strong but it does hit all enemies which synergises pretty well with shifu.

Looks ok, but replace brogar :)

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Mega Shark posted:

Ok, so I am definitely "into" this game. I just feel like I'm trying to get better now as I hit 75 this morning. I kind of feel like I may be leaving something behind or making some dumb mistake, so I'll share my current lineup and then also the other 5 star characters I have.

Current Lineup
Shi Fu --
Tarxus Brogar
Talia Estine

5* available
Hanada
Hanzen
Nexara

I know that Nexara combos with Hanzen, so that is interesting to me.

Anyways, would love any thoughts or comments.

Honestly all 5* bad and meant to replace ASAP. However the best 5* warriors are sir rogas and allon. Sir rogas healing earns you a ton of money from the lab. Allon has a team wide stun. Honestly those are the only two things you are looking for in warriors. And the worst warriors are those that protect an entire line, those warrior lose half their defense when they do that. All other warriors are basically the same so don't worry about which one to use.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Apr 2, 2015

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Shwqa posted:

Honestly all 5* bad and meant to replace ASAP. However the best 5* warriors are sir rogas and allon. Sir rogas healing earns you a ton of money from the lab. Allon has a team wide healing. Honestly those are the only two things you are looking for in warriors.

Allon is chance of stun to whole team unless that's changed

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

gwrtheyrn posted:

Allon is chance of stun to whole team unless that's changed

Oh dang it I meant to type out stun :doh:

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

And because it's team wide, the land rate is vastly below single target stunners. Get a pair of Rogas' until you can get some Chiron and then Ethnias is pretty much the ideal. Though prioritize an Eliza from spin tickets first and possibly second. Probably a Brend second just so you can be using separate 6* materials, depending on your progress with 6* replacements.

Mega Shark
Oct 4, 2004

DemonMage posted:

And because it's team wide, the land rate is vastly below single target stunners. Get a pair of Rogas' until you can get some Chiron and then Ethnias is pretty much the ideal. Though prioritize an Eliza from spin tickets first and possibly second. Probably a Brend second just so you can be using separate 6* materials, depending on your progress with 6* replacements.

Thanks for the advice (and everyone above as well. So, for Sir Rogas, apparently I'm only 4 of his items away from being able to make one. Now that i've been playing I'm embarrassed to say that I'm not sure what exactly has been giving me booster gems. Anyone who can give me the most efficient way?

Wet Bandit
Nov 6, 2005

Elite dungeons and star chests give booster but don't waste em on him. You want to save those for spin tickets. You'll get a ton of sir furry pieces from summoning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega Shark
Oct 4, 2004

Wet Bandit posted:

Elite dungeons and star chests give booster but don't waste em on him. You want to save those for spin tickets. You'll get a ton of sir furry pieces from summoning.

Oh, okay. So, just do the 11x supreme summon and I get the pieces that way?

• Locked thread