Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
idk im sad pls touch me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

numberoneposter posted:

really easy to catch a cab and look really good in a jaunty fedora

Know like when you play Dungeons and Dragons, and "human" is like default, and every other possibility is either +2 or -2 or whatever compared to the "standard"?

That.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
i like being able to take my 4 y/o daughter to a public pool without being stared down so that's cool

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
obligatory video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rnFlQAvk8U

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

JiveHonky posted:

what is "ironic racism" lil help here

Basically it's where you do and say as much racist stuff as you like (recycled jokes from the 1970s are a good place to start), but if you get called out on it you say that you were being post-modern and ironic and that you must be the real racist for seeing it as racist in the first place. Bonus: if you don't get called out on it or if they agree with you, congrats, you've made a new friend to be racist with!

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

it's pretty neat to live in a place where you only see 'civilized' minorities, you know, the not gangster kind. real comfortable neighborhoods and everything with maybe 7% not white people.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
Being white used to mean that I was Caucasian. Now it means I can't dance, gently caress, hang out, dress, understand other cultures, and I probably have my boot on someone else's back. It has somehow become a bad thing.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Doctor J Off posted:

Being white used to mean that I was Caucasian. Now it means I can't dance, gently caress, hang out, dress, understand other cultures, and I probably have my boot on someone else's back. It has somehow become a bad thing.

It must have went over your head that this is why when it's white it's alright.

Uncle_Jemima
Dec 1, 2004

Spanish Manlove posted:

being white loving rules

quote:

Spanish

I've got some bad news for you.

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

being white loving rules

Yessir sucks the rest of the world can't get in on this

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Doctor J Off posted:

you are clearly missing the point here duder. you were born poor(?) that means you aren't really white. just embrace your minority status and quit being so loving whiny about it.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

Amateur Saboteur posted:

i can't imagine anyone calling someone a racist unless they were speaking on race which in that case you should probably not talk about race being white because you likely have no idea what the gently caress you're talking about

I'm prepared for down-votes. I am actually accountable for my actions. Just because I am white it is often assumed that I am racist. This is the most obviously ridiculous hypocrisy imaginable but it's true. If you are making an assumption about me based on my race - that's racist, but no, white people can't be the victims of racism. I am supposed to accept this because other white people have been racist, so it's fair to generalize about my entire race. I am supposed to hate racism among my own group, but tolerate it in another. In this way, I am forced to treat two groups differently according to their race.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
That was the question the guard asked me. I looked at him despondently from my cell. "I don't know, I was born this way. This is the only way I've ever been." He gave me a funny look, like he didn't understand or was amused by my answer. Maybe he wanted me to beg for forgiveness, or try to argue that I was not really white as others had done. I didn't see the point in all of that. Being white was a crime-the only crime punishable by death-and I was ready to face my sentence.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Doctor J Off posted:

I'm prepared for down-votes. I am actually accountable for my actions. Just because I am white it is often assumed that I am racist. This is the most obviously ridiculous hypocrisy imaginable but it's true. If you are making an assumption about me based on my race - that's racist, but no, white people can't be the victims of racism. I am supposed to accept this because other white people have been racist, so it's fair to generalize about my entire race. I am supposed to hate racism among my own group, but tolerate it in another. In this way, I am forced to treat two groups differently according to their race.

same but its because im straight and homophobic

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

It's the opposite of being black.

An analogy would be the difference between a chocolate milkshake and a vanilla milkshake.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
Your problems aren't taken seriously, and you are simultaneously told how you have no problems, are privileged, and at the same time are responsible for all the evil in the world. People are allowed to discriminate against you with impunity based on your color, and the government takes your money and gives it to other people who are somehow oppressed by a system you are somehow responsible for, even though you pump gas at a service station and your boss is Mexican.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
- if you are speeding in a neighborhood because there's a cop behind you and you just smoked a fat joint on the highway they'll pull you over and crack a few jokes because happy people keep a neighborhood white

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Oh boo hoo op, its so hard to be a white. Heres a newsflash for you: even the poorest white is better off than the most well-off black. Take the richest blackest balck. Hes a poor sodden clomp of dirt compared to a white person literally dressed in rags. Compare this pile of ashes from the crematorium of a white person to a middle class retiree african american. The ashes are weay better, and the guy's loving dead. He's burned up in an urn and still gettig privileges that other races cannot even comprehend.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
...its like 10,000 spoons when all u need is a white
....and as the plane crashed down he thouhgt "well at least i was white"

isn't it ironic?

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

Oh boo hoo op, its so hard to be a white. Heres a newsflash for you: even the poorest white is better off than the most well-off black. Take the richest blackest balck. Hes a poor sodden clomp of dirt compared to a white person literally dressed in rags. Compare this pile of ashes from the crematorium of a white person to a middle class retiree african american. The ashes are weay better, and the guy's loving dead. He's burned up in an urn and still gettig privileges that other races cannot even comprehend.

tbh i was extremely disappointed when i realized ralph ellison's invisible man turned out to be about a figuratively invisible man

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
I can ask cops for directions is p good man

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

I dunno the richest black dude is will smith who is basically white.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

I have one black acquaintance whose opinions I repeat when I need a rhetorical defense for my racist opinions. It will never click with me that using him in this way communicates in the offing that I believe there exists a single, giant black hive mind made up of people from the caribbean, africa, asia, europe and brazil who all share identical opinions on all things at all times.

Lol, just kidding. I have no black acquaintances at all, I just lie and say I do when I get called out on my racism. What's the point of being white if I can't just attribute words, feelings, and opinions to a minority group I never interact with? I'm white, so my audience will assume I speak with a level of authority.

Blahsmack
Oct 25, 2003

my dad is white

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i mean, it's pretty good.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I think it's ok. I don't mind it, y'know. I mean, it is what it is, right? Haha!

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Doctor J Off posted:

tipped your hand, dog

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
I like white.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

do you ever see the thread you want to click on but by the time oyu click on the last read post link your mouse cursor has moved downwards and now you opened a whole different thread? well thats how i got here.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
roll your windows up and lock your doors.

O. Henry O-Face
Sep 16, 2009
White's alright.

O. Henry O-Face
Sep 16, 2009
If I live in a place that is literally all white people, do I still get +1 to QOL for being white? (Asking for a friend).

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Loknik posted:

If I live in a place that is literally all white people, do I still get +1 to QOL for being white? (Asking for a friend).

way more because youre now in scandinavia

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
White people are really into manners and then being rude when you're gone.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

I would appreciate some tips at being better at being white

Like how much mayonnaise is the right amount?

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
If any of you lowly POORS need me I'll be hangin out with all the other white folks in bohemian grove, sippin' on beers, and engaging in hardcore buttplay with other members of the power elite.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Someone post the privilege chart where the white transexual homeless person was like 5-6 rungs more privileged than the Billionaire Oil Sheik.

O. Henry O-Face
Sep 16, 2009

natetimm posted:

White people are really into manners and then being rude when you're gone.

Just assume all white people are lying unless they're being racist

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Someone post the privilege chart where the white transexual homeless person was like 5-6 rungs more privileged than the Billionaire Oil Sheik.
i would love to see this privilege chart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.
a white friend of mine has had an 8th or more of weed on him, on 2 occasions in the middle of smoking it, and been approached by cops four times and has 0 arrests here in glorious america

i was pulled over for having a tail light out at like 10pm driving through east side a couple months back and when the cop saw that i was white he was visibly shaken and said he was sorry to bother me

• Locked thread