Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Habs/Lumbus
Flyers/Caps
Leafs/Ducks
Jersey/Kings

The rumours were false and Emelin is out there. This is worse than going to bed having seen the weather report calling for an assload of snow and being sure that school would be cancelled the next day, waking up and nnnnnope.

e: Habs off to a fine start

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

I missed that goal. Can it be blamed on Emelin?

Zybl0re
Aug 10, 2002

I'M TOO OLD FOR THIS SHIT!
That looked like a pretty weak-rear end goal after a couple good scoring chances for the Habs. :smith:

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

yellowcar posted:

I missed that goal. Can it be blamed on Emelin?

The rest of the team is clearly disheartened that he's still the lineup

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

:siren: Connauton does a good thing. Is good again. :siren:

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Zybl0re posted:

That looked like a pretty weak-rear end goal after a couple good scoring chances for the Habs. :smith:

Well it was off Eller's stick but having the first shot on goal go in is kind of a drag

Kale
May 14, 2010

Jesus I barely get Gamecenter up and going only find Price is beaten on the first shot. Looks like that usual January team slump is already in full swing. It never seems to fail season after season, Good in October, acceptable in November, awesome in December, poo poo in January and if the trend follows good enough in February before tapering off towards the end of March to still get into a playoff spot albeit not necessarily with gusto.

Zybl0re
Aug 10, 2002

Bobs robbin' Patches.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

too much mans?

e: nope

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

There'd better not be a loving TOO MUCH MANS there because Shelley's right. There were only four guys on the ice.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Well I'm here late and there's already a goal in :smith:

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Lumbus looks very strong right now.

The Habs do not.

Zybl0re
Aug 10, 2002

Was Emelin on the ice just now, with the Habs hemmed into their zone?? Why yes it was!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Never seen a team which misses the net with its shots with as much regularity as the Jackets.

gently caress you, Time Warner. I have dollar boxed, cable boxed, and analog TVs, and all I can watch this on tonight is the non-digital cable box channel which is cutting off half the graphics. :argh:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jan 15, 2015

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Ok it's early days but I think this 'balanced lines' dealio Therrien is trying is, how can I put this, not working.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
That's not going to count.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

This is gonna be tight :ohdear:

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

A goal??? :siren:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Boy that's awwwwwwwwwwwfully close.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

That's a goal but they're not gonna call it.

Because he didn't on the ice, I mean.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
I think the balance of probability is that the puck was in but you can't see it all the way across the line.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Martytoof posted:

That's a goal but they're not gonna call it.

You, sir, are unfamiliar with the interactions between The War Room and The Columbus Blue Jackets.

The Roadwarrior
Aug 23, 2003

I spend too much time thinking about the Montreal Canadiens.
So close...but I want it to be in.

e: It's in.

e2: But they're not going to count it. :(

Kale
May 14, 2010

I don't think that's a goal :(

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

yeeeesh that is close

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The fakeout on the point to the net. :lol:

"I'm gonna call it a goaahhhhhhhh that's awfully close..."

e- THE WAR ROOM MADE AN IFFY CALL IN FAVOR OF COLUMBUS :supaburn:

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

booooooooo

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

boy oh boy that's about as close to a no goal as you can get.

Kale
May 14, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

The fakeout on the point to the net. :lol:

"I'm gonna call it a goaahhhhhhhh that's awfully close..."

e- THE WAR ROOM MADE AN IFFY CALL IN FAVOR OF COLUMBUS :supaburn:

It being Montreal is the X factor in this case. Don't get your hopes up too much CBJ buddy.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I thought that was going to be called a goal because I thought they'd give them a break on it being right on the line.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Seeing the Habs possibly lose to Columbus will hopefully dull the pain from the rear end kicking the Leafs are going to get from the Ducks.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

.Spec posted:

boy oh boy that's about as close to a no goal as you can get.

Even on the super zoom cam you couldn't see any white between the puck and the line. I mean I'm pretty sure it flopped over as soon as Bob's pad hit it but they couldn't overturn the call with what they could see.

Kale
May 14, 2010

evenworse username posted:

Even on the super zoom cam you couldn't see any white between the puck and the line. I mean I'm pretty sure it flopped over as soon as Bob's pad hit it but they couldn't overturn the call with what they could see.

Yeah I'm actually not too mad about this one considering the whole call on the ice onus rule.

HBNRW posted:

Seeing the Habs possibly lose to Columbus will hopefully dull the pain from the rear end kicking the Leafs are going to get from the Ducks.

The Leafs will have on of those weird blow out games against a top tier team they are prone to having tonight. The Habs will lose to Columbus and obey the law of the January slump. Refer back to this passage latter.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

time to see this new fangled power play

Zybl0re
Aug 10, 2002

And the Montreal power play goes to work. :smug:

Kale
May 14, 2010

yellowcar posted:

time to see this new fangled power play

Oh man I can hardly wait for the offensive torrent. :dance:

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm it's seems to be as bad as the other power plays

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

I really love the Jackets 3rd but every time i see them I'm wonder why the hell the white balance on my screen is all hosed up.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Patches, I don't know if Carey's going to like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zybl0re
Aug 10, 2002

Well this is much better.

• Locked thread