Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ko5AXctkIE

Some trailer for the game. First half is dumb, second half is fun. I have no idea if any of what they show is actually in EA, though, so take what you see with a huge spoonful of salt. Just grab the whole loving shaker, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Anyone here going to be streaming their first time playing? I'd like to see a beginner's perspective when the game opens up before I consider buying.

Dryb
Jul 30, 2007

What did I do?

Prophecy120 posted:

I'm hoping this game can bring together the WarZ goons and Highby's Heros (PS2) goons, the two most fun groups of people to play games with. Hopefully there isn't a limit on how many walls one person can build, so we can do stupid things like surrounding a town with walls and making naked newbies fight to the death gladiator style.

:f5: so I can spend my :20bux::20bux:

The start of the goon factioning. These two groups vs. the Rust and Goku goons!

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Ahhhh, I remember the old naked rock fighting arena in Rust.

It was almost as fun as the roving Jeopardy gangs.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Republicanus posted:

I hope they're not stopping at the old boring "bear, mountain lion, squirrel" classic North American trio of forest animals.

I heard they have also added reanimated dead people controlled by AI called "zombies", they sound pretty neat-o.

Also if you're not interested in playing a Battle Royale style gamemode the $40 package seems useless as that's the only real thing you're getting much extra of for your money, event tickets. And supposedly, that's all they're for, they let you play a round in an event server, the only one which has been mentioned so far is the Battle Royale type gamemode. If it included in-game dollars for micro-transactions I'd probably see the worth, but otherwise meh.

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Release pushed back (again) to 1pm PST. Reddit is real mad: "Really, a 2 hour notice on this delay? Some people took off work today. Stick to your word, you're about to lose another customer."

If you want to make your empty threat realistic you probably shouldn't sperg out and post on Reddit about how excited you are for a month, then threaten to not buy the game because it's coming out an hour later than you expected. Also that person should acquire a better work ethic.

Dvsilverwing fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jan 15, 2015

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Release pushed back (again) to 1pm PST. Reddit is real mad: "Really, a 2 hour notice on this delay? Some people took off work today. Stick to your word, you're about to lose another customer."

jerkstoresup posted:

Anyone here going to be streaming their first time playing? I'd like to see a beginner's perspective when the game opens up before I consider buying.

I'll throw something up, but it's going to be sub-720p since my Internet up-rate is bad. Other people might also? I dunno.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

Can somebody clue me in on the "does this game have fishing" thing?

It basically caused a divide between "Goons who will grief pubbies and PVP under any circumstances", and "Goons who scream to the point of distorting their microphone about how ruining fishing is destroying their game."

It was the classic PVP vs PVE ideology at work in an MMO. Although the drama has been put to bed, and friendships reforged, the meme remains.

Also yes, fishing is a major way to get food in this game.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Kimsemus posted:

It basically caused a divide between "Goons who will grief pubbies and PVP under any circumstances", and "Goons who scream to the point of distorting their microphone about how ruining fishing is destroying their game."

It was the classic PVP vs PVE ideology at work in an MMO. Although the drama has been put to bed, and friendships reforged, the meme remains.

Also yes, fishing is a major way to get food in this game.

http://h1z1.gamepedia.com/Fishing

Did they confirm it recently? Every source I've seen has said it won't be present at release.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dryb posted:

The start of the goon factioning. These two groups vs. the Rust and Goku goons!

there will never be a split because admiral snuggles won't be involved

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lmfao who takes off from work for the early access "release" of Yet Another Zombie Survival Game

Dark Helmut
Jul 24, 2004

All growns up

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Lmfao who takes off from work for the early access "release" of Yet Another Zombie Survival Game

<==== came pretty close.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
The game needs to be launched comfortably at 6pm EST, as all goons who went to work come home, sit down after making a nice pot of coffee and a quick 15 minutes on the elliptical, as try hards who stayed home are stewing in regret and lamentation.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Prophecy120 posted:

I'm hoping this game can bring together the WarZ goons and Highby's Heros (PS2) goons, the two most fun groups of people to play games with. Hopefully there isn't a limit on how many walls one person can build, so we can do stupid things like surrounding a town with walls and making naked newbies fight to the death gladiator style.

:f5: so I can spend my :20bux::20bux:

I'm really hoping the old WarZ crew gets back together (Jimmy I know you're out there reading this, baby, come home please), especially that dude who had a complete meltdown after he got sniped and ragequit the game immediately thereafter. We all heard him screaming and ranting about it while he played BF3 thanks to his 12-year old brother hot-mic'ing in Mumble and treating us to the entire sordid drama.

Really looking forward to that and other things again.

Overdrift
Jul 17, 2006

This is Fatherman! He fights crime to earn Sonboy's respect! Is it working?

I remember setting up a trading post in WarZ with a bunch of goons and trying to get pubbies to play along. It inevitably got hosed up by a hacker/server hoppers, but it'd be really fun if we could get something like that going in H1Z1. I really regret purchasing the DayZ standalone though, so I'm going to wait around and check out some more impressions of the game before diving in.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
Can a goon please stream this so I don't have to watch garbage like CohhCarnage?

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

As bad as these survival games are, they're some of the most fun I've had gaming. I can't wait to grief some pubs. If the game has hacking under control, that will be enough to hook me.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

suboptimal posted:

I'm really hoping the old WarZ crew gets back together (Jimmy I know you're out there reading this, baby, come home please), especially that dude who had a complete meltdown after he got sniped and ragequit the game immediately thereafter. We all heard him screaming and ranting about it while he played BF3 thanks to his 12-year old brother hot-mic'ing in Mumble and treating us to the entire sordid drama.

Really looking forward to that and other things again.

Cynthia's here in Mumble!

also rip socomtoaster

Lonely Bridge
Apr 12, 2008

also rip socomtoaster

:911:

I can try to get my streaming thing to link up again, I was having issues with it last time I checked. If I get it set up right I should be able to stream some of it a few hours from now.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Lonely Bridge posted:

:911:

I can try to get my streaming thing to link up again, I was having issues with it last time I checked. If I get it set up right I should be able to stream some of it a few hours from now.

Use Shadowplay if you've got an Nvidia card. It's probably sub-optimal, but it's pretty easy to set up.

Lonely Bridge
Apr 12, 2008

Use Shadowplay if you've got an Nvidia card. It's probably sub-optimal, but it's pretty easy to set up.

I had Xsplit working really well, but last time I checked it had lost sync with my Twitch and I was having some issues getting it back on. I'll see what I can come up with after work.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
So did this just get delayed 2 more hours?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Yerok posted:

quote:

This is getting tiring..."an hours nothing" except its now gonna be 3 hours.....hard to schedule around poo poo thats getting pushed back constantly....people who thought they could download it now have to wait because they have work, class, family etc...you put time aside to be like ok I can play for a bit or install.....nope...delay, delay, delay......get your poo poo together. Guarantee its a TOTAL poo poo show when it does "launch" to make it even sweeter...what a joke.

Ptolemaeus
Jan 17, 2009

Yerok posted:

Don't be optimistic.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
How dare they, another 2+ hours until the Steam download servers crash or slow to a useless crawl.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Yerok posted:

2 minutes ago, as of 12:57pm PST: "deployment taking longer than expected. ETA 2pm. Don't rage folks.. it's almost here." :greenangel:

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

Smed said 2pm PST. I'm guessing it's coming tomorrow.

Wren610
Oct 25, 2010
Welp gonna goto sleep and hopefully wake up and shoot some pleebs. The zombie survival genre may be a mess but the forgelight engine is imho the best game engine thats attempted to tackle that mess.

Look SOE your gonna screw up just make the screw ups tolerable and we'll be cool.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I heard someone made another zombie game. Is this the one with the bad AI or bad gameplay?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Third World Reggin posted:

I heard someone made another zombie game. Is this the one with the bad AI or bad gameplay?

yes

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Third World Reggin posted:

Both...

maybe both.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Wren610 posted:

Look SOE your gonna screw up just make the screw ups tolerable and we'll be cool.

Serious post: They're probably trying to cram too much in at the last minute. They should have finalized a release build at least a week or two ago, and then tackled minor bugs.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Some Planetside dataminer has started in on H1Z1:

http://www.reddit.com/r/h1z1/comments/2sjxmx/datamining_list_of_locale_strings_may_contain/

Snare, explosive, and shotgun traps sound like excellent trolling opportunities.

Dryb
Jul 30, 2007

What did I do?

Serious post: They're probably trying to cram too much in at the last minute. They should have finalized a release build at least a week or two ago, and then tackled minor bugs.

I still get a laugh whenever I think of the original thread back in April... "4 to 6 weeks until early access".

What's a couple more hours, it's already 7 months late.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Overdrift posted:

I remember setting up a trading post in WarZ with a bunch of goons and trying to get pubbies to play along. It inevitably got hosed up by a hacker/server hoppers, but it'd be really fun if we could get something like that going in H1Z1. I really regret purchasing the DayZ standalone though, so I'm going to wait around and check out some more impressions of the game before diving in.

Hah. Holy poo poo I forgot about the gunshop in the beantown post office. That was hilarious.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Akion posted:

Hah. Holy poo poo I forgot about the gunshop in the beantown post office. That was hilarious.

That was fun as hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRPMtD_KUZM

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

So do we have a Steam group set up for what will undoubtedly be GOTY 2015 yet? If not, I can make one later tonight or early tomorrow. Now accepting your nominations for pithy and degrading names.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

suboptimal posted:

So do we have a Steam group set up for what will undoubtedly be GOTY 2015 yet? If not, I can make one later tonight or early tomorrow. Now accepting your nominations for pithy and degrading names.

Stolen from Reddit: "Five Nights at Smedley's"

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

We're reading lovely Reddit posts in the Mumble. Come join us!

Lonely Bridge
Apr 12, 2008

quote:

John Smedley @j_smedley · 5m 5 minutes ago
sorry.. beyond our control.. but any minute now.

:f5:

I'll throw up my stream once it gets downloading

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Kimsemus posted:

The game needs to be launched comfortably at 6pm EST, as all goons who went to work come home, sit down after making a nice pot of coffee and a quick 15 minutes on the elliptical, as try hards who stayed home are stewing in regret and lamentation.

Prophetic

• Locked thread