Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dcr8dm9Prkk

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Filth.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

What owns about his portraits is that you know anybody who painted a deliberately unflattering portrait of a prince or king wouldn't have lived to tell about it, so that one being left behind confirms that he was definitely crazy retarded and probably significantly more hosed up looking than that.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

not my screenshot, don't yell at me for the hosed up part

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

need a separate thread for gross rangers tho

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Hobohemian posted:

Yes, but other white people don't think Jews are white. I don't really get it, tbh.

White people only bargain on used cars.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

It's not hate, it's heritage hahaha we suck

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

the good looking gingers can stay

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax

VelociBacon posted:

Hey white people lets go ALPINE SKIING it's our fave

Can confirm.

Free Market Mambo fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Jan 15, 2015

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Pththya-lyi posted:

We understand 1) how privileged we are to have comfortable lives in the 21st-century West and 2) how little we deserve that privilege

this is a really stupid argument. is this actually what you get taught in schools in america?

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Nauta posted:

this is a really stupid argument. is this actually what you get taught in schools in america?

No, but I figured it out using the critical thinking they taught me

e: Like I can remember hearing my parents tell me how proud they were of me for accomplishing so much in school and thinking "I couldn't have done any of that if I hadn't been born into a rich family"

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Jan 15, 2015

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
let me tell you all about how studying abroad in <france/italy/germany> has permanently changed my life

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Pththya-lyi posted:

No, but I figured it out using the critical thinking they taught me

e: Like I can remember hearing my parents tell me how proud they were of me for accomplishing so much in school and thinking "I couldn't have done any of that if I hadn't been born into a rich family"

that is an issue of american classism which you're trying to extrapolate as something to do with the color of your skin. goons seem to forget that the world outside of US operates in different ways

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Nauta posted:

that is an issue of american classism which you're trying to extrapolate as something to do with the color of your skin. goons seem to forget that the world outside of US operates in different ways

Even taking race out of the picture I am more privileged than at least 99% of the people in the world, simply by virtue of being born to certain parents. How that has anything to do with my own abilities I can't understand.

And my family's wealth has a lot to do with our whiteness, we and our ancestors (going back to the Puritans) are the beneficiaries of a society that's been structured to accommodate people who happen to look like us.

E: I mean okay, I guess my Irish ancestors had some trouble in the 19th century, but now the Irish are just plain old white people and not a separate race from the Anglo-Saxons

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Jan 15, 2015

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Pththya-lyi posted:

Even taking race out of the picture I am more privileged than at least 99% of the people in the world, simply by virtue of being born to certain parents. How that has anything to do with my own abilities I can't understand.

And my family's wealth has a lot to do with our whiteness, we and our ancestors (going back to the Puritans) are the beneficiaries of a society that's been structured to accommodate people who happen to look like us.

E: I mean okay, I guess my Irish ancestors had some trouble, but now the Irish are just plain old white people and not a down-trodden race

exactly. and since you're an american rich white brat, you seem to think all white people are like american rich white brats. also why do you feel you don't deserve this privilege?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i'm white and lovin' it

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Im going to see p much the whitest band (decemberists) next month cant wait

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

concerned mom posted:

Im going to see p much the whitest band (decemberists) next month cant wait

they're so loving white it's amazing, i'm a convert.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Nauta posted:

exactly. and since you're an american rich white brat, you seem to think all white people are like american rich white brats.
Because they so often are

quote:

also why do you feel you don't deserve this privilege?
Because kids like this exist in the same world that I do:

That's of a three-year-old who worked in a battery factory. If she's even alive now, she's about tenthirteen years old. She worked harder in three years of life than I ever will in my entire life. In what universe do I deserve to grow up in a safe clean home with both parents and go to private schools and this little girl doesn't?

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jan 15, 2015

Fool and the World
Dec 8, 2010

Pththya-lyi posted:

That's of a three-year-old who worked in a battery factory. If she's even alive now, she's about ten years old. She worked harder in three years of life than I ever will in my entire life. In what universe do I deserve to grow up in a safe clean home with both parents and go to private schools and this little girl doesn't?

god i loving hate white people

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

oh look how terrible this is i'm so privileged blooh blooh blah

*sits on a computer for 5 hours and does nothing about it*

open container
Sep 16, 2008

Pththya-lyi posted:

That's of a three-year-old who worked in a battery factory. If she's even alive now, she's about ten years old. She worked harder in three years of life than I ever will in my entire life. In what universe do I deserve to grow up in a safe clean home with both parents and go to private schools and this little girl doesn't?

lol

open container
Sep 16, 2008
for all the same reasons you don't deserve your privilege you don't have to feel guilty about it

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

hemale in pain posted:

oh look how terrible this is i'm so privileged blooh blooh blah

*sits on a computer for 5 hours and does nothing about it*

And that's why I'm poo poo.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Pththya-lyi posted:

That's of a three-year-old who worked in a battery factory. If she's even alive now, she's about tenthirteen years old. She worked harder in three years of life than I ever will in my entire life. In what universe do I deserve to grow up in a safe clean home with both parents and go to private schools and this little girl doesn't?

the kids in the duracell factory can go 4 years

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Pththya-lyi posted:

And that's why I'm poo poo.

no, you should be happy your family/loved ones are well off and comfortable rather than wishing poverty upon them for the sake of your feels

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Pththya-lyi posted:

E: I mean okay, I guess my Irish ancestors had some trouble in the 19th century, but now the Irish are just plain old white people and not a separate race from the Anglo-Saxons

you potatoheads keep telling yourself that

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
colonization has started

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

hemale in pain posted:

no, you should be happy your family/loved ones are well off and comfortable rather than wishing poverty upon them for the sake of your feels

I am happy for them. I wish more people could have what we have

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Plz shut the gently caress up about non-white people in this, the thread about white Africa, the UK

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Whorelord posted:

Plz shut the gently caress up about non-white people in this, the thread about white Africa, the UK

this poster is racist

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

shot by police

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Pththya-lyi posted:

would you say eastern europeans are privileged and don't deserve what they have because they are white, then? you're privileged because you have rich parents you dumb gently caress. while it's true you're most likely white if you're rich and a US citizen, money doesn't discriminate based on the color of your skin

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Nauta posted:

would you say eastern europeans are privileged and don't deserve what they have because they are white, then? you're privileged because you have rich parents you dumb gently caress. while it's true you're most likely white if you're rich and a US citizen, money doesn't discriminate based on the color of your skin

So privileged

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
The old-style contemptuous attitude towards ‘natives’ has been much weakened in England, and various pseudo-scientific theories emphasising the superiority of the white race have been abandoned(7). Among the intelligentsia, colour feeling only occurs in the transposed form, that is, as a belief in the innate superiority of the coloured races. This is now increasingly common among English intellectuals, probably resulting more often from masochism and sexual frustration than from contact with the Oriental and Negro nationalist movements. Even among those who do not feel strongly on the colour question, snobbery and imitation have a powerful influence. Almost any English intellectual would be scandalised by the claim that the white races are superior to the coloured, whereas the opposite claim would seem to him unexceptionable even if he disagreed with it. Nationalistic attachment to the coloured races is usually mixed up with the belief that their sex lives are superior, and there is a large underground mythology about the sexual prowess of Negroes.

• Locked thread