Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

Rust's team is very open and welcoming to the point were they kicked a guy out for being too spicy.

I haven't followed Rust too closely, but didn't that guy have repeated and intense arguments with the core developers? Seemed like more a case of open personality conflict than being "too spicy".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
I'm not going to touch the rest of your post but the text of that code does not seem particularly unreasonable? Like I don't see how it could get anyone in trouble who's not actively looking for it. Silencing discussion on controversial social issues might be wrong for a general forum, but seems to make sense for a programming language community :shrug:

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
Has anyone tried compiling into Web Assembly from Rust? I tried a Hello World, but the compile time was quite long. I guess there's just too many stages in the pipeline right now?

Also holy poo poo emscripten/LLVM took forever to build. Is that typical for large C++ projects?