Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Dresh posted:

And always goes conveniently unmentioned whenever people try to say there are no good Sonic games.

I loving love Sonic Adventure as well though, it's a fascinating product of its time.

Playing as Eggman or the reject robot that kicked sonic and knuckles asses was fun.

I could never beat Sonic pinball :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

numberoneposter posted:

i beat spinball it was better than the other games IMO, more of a puzzle that push right to win

also remeber that nintendos answere to sonic was a unicycle racing game, sooo i dunno if thats a pro or a con

Somebody's forgetting Bubsy.

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...

this definitely happened

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Agag posted:

I do remember playing this but I can't recall any details other than his ! Shirt.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Agag posted:

bubsy is way too weird, even crash bandicoot was less creepy

when yoshi island finally came out and was the best 2d platformer yet (not including like the shooting ones like megaman and whatever) all was good

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

numberoneposter posted:

bubsy is way too weird, even crash bandicoot was less creepy

when yoshi island finally came out and was the best 2d platformer yet (not including like the shooting ones like megaman and whatever) all was good

Every time you go to Toys R Us, all you ever hear is."UAAAAHHH UAAAAHHH UUAAAAGGGGGHHH!"

The other kids always sucked.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

yoshi's island is another game people are saying was always bad now because some fat guy doesn't like it

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

playing mega man 2 and roasting woodman in one shot with the powered up fireball

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Motto posted:

yoshi's island is another game people are saying was always bad now because some fat guy doesn't like it

Yoshi's Island is great, but Super Mario World is still better. That's a letdown for some, I think.

Sonic trash.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Motto posted:

Best god drat commercial :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPJJQHF4tTo

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
idk sonic 3 was a pretty good game op

certainly hasn't aged any worse than mario or megaman games from the same time

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

this is why i feel bad for sega kids

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

numberoneposter posted:

playing mega man 2 and roasting woodman in one shot with the powered up fireball

lol I didn't know you could do that. I usually either abuse the metal blades or try to beat it with just the lemons.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Could you super sonic in 3? I know tails can't do it but he was only one I got both 7 normal and super emeralds with.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

fun fact: the first time i beat mega man 2 was on a nokia NES emulator in like 2005 or something

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Wicker Man posted:

Could you super sonic in 3? I know tails can't do it but he was only one I got both 7 normal and super emeralds with.

Knuckles/Sonic could super/hyper. Tails could only hyper.

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Wicker Man posted:

Tails can do it if you get all 14 emeralds.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
The emerald mini-game was actually pretty good compared to the one in S2.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
The gently caress... I remember thinking "tails, you're useless " when I couldn't trigger it.

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

numberoneposter posted:

fun fact: the first time i beat mega man 2 was on a nokia NES emulator in like 2005 or something

I never owned a console growing up so my knowledge of all these old games comes from playing them on an emulator as an adult.

(I did play a bit of Super Mario 3 and Sonic 2 as a kid at a friend's house but never beat them)

Very interesting playing mega man 2 and 3 AFTER mega man 9 :v:.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

The emerald mini-game was actually pretty good compared to the one in S2.

Oh yeah the first 2 games mini games sucked so much. CD had a fun one, too.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

numberoneposter posted:

tons of people couldnt beat ninja gaiden until emulators with save states but how did they never notice that using spinslash makes you invincible and lets you 1-hit bosses
so all you need to do is get it and skip power-ups between platforms that you cant check because they might make you lose spinslash and dont waste all your spinslash jump attacking what you dont need to jump attack

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Ninja Gaiden is a good game because it's designed to gently caress you over for taking your time.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Motto posted:

Yoshi's Island would be a lot better if you could turn off Baby Mario crying.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Don't be ashamed of having grown up Genesis. They still haven't made a two player co-op game whose co-op mechanics are as good as Toejam and Earl's. Also Sega Shadowrun >>>>>>>>>> SNES Shadowrun.

Sonic was real bad though.

raton fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jan 15, 2015

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Sheep-Goats posted:

Don't be ashamed of having grown up Genesis. They still haven't made a two player co-op game whose co-op mechanics are as good as Toejam and Earl's. Also Sega Shadowrun >>>>>>>>>> SNES Shadowrun.

Sonic was real bad though.

If your friend was smart about playing tails he could airlift you past most of the bs and to secret areas.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Wicker Man posted:

If your friend was smart about playing tails he could airlift you past most of the bs and to secret areas.

If your friend was willing to sit and play Sonic with you and play Tails you should have married him and filled him up nightly.

Wicker Man posted:

I do remember playing this but I can't recall any details other than his ! Shirt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25bjSoyXlw0

raton fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Jan 15, 2015

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

numberoneposter posted:

yeah if you play the pussy baby mode they added for FILTHY GAIJINS :japan:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

it's kind of funny how everybody related to sonic ended up kind of hosed

the old developers were nintendo's rivals for a bit, but now yuji naka makes dumb tapping games and the people left there have to make garbage every year
some new guys made some decent sonic games for gameboys for a bit but then they turned into trash too
some guys that were kicked out of naughty dog made a sonic and it was poo poo
bioware made a sonic rpg that was poo poo and now all their games are poo poo

and then all the kids that played them are autistic furries that go to jail for macing gamestop employees

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
rampage edition jurassic park owned i know that.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Motto posted:

the old developers were nintendo's rivals for a bit, but now yuji naka makes dumb tapping games and the people left there have to make garbage every year
some new guys made some decent sonic games for gameboys for a bit but then they turned into trash too

and then all the kids that played them are autistic furries that go to jail for macing gamestop employees

when is your court date btw

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Frostwerks posted:

rampage edition jurassic park owned i know that.

That loving pterodactyl :argh:

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Motto posted:

lol if you think nintendo fans are any better adjusted

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

im just going to play deus ex and doom II again

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

numberoneposter posted:

im just going to play deus ex and doom again

I never got to play doom or duke nukem coop :sigh:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The Whole Internet posted:

lol if you think nintendo fans are any better adjusted

http://www.destructoid.com/man-hate-buys-rosalina-luma-amiibo-in-bulk-so-fans-can-t-have-them-285999.phtml
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbvq3dmWUIU

what's wrong with nintendo fans

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Wicker Man posted:

I never got to play doom or duke nukem coop :sigh:
duke nukem 3d dukematch in the high school computer lab :q:

blondcockerel
Feb 28, 2014

All I've ever played of the series is Sonic the Hedgehog (do I even need to add the 2006?) so my view on the series is skewed by that and the fact that the few creepy fucks in that fandom that are creepy fucks are far more prominent and visible than the people who just kind of like the games.

I've personally just never understood why Knuckles had legos on his shoes.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

blondcockerel posted:

All I've ever played of the series is Sonic the Hedgehog (do I even need to add the 2006?) so my view on the series is skewed by that and the fact that the few creepy fucks in that fandom that are creepy fucks are far more prominent and visible than the people who just kind of like the games.

I've personally just never understood why Knuckles had legos on his shoes.

that game is pretty bad but the fact that a videogame about edgy black sonic shooting people with handguns actually exists will never stop being the most hilarious thing about sega to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPWrHPNekvE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

after quake came out no one gave a poo poo though.

gamespy. TF. the golden ages.

• Locked thread