Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the best hot souce?
Frank's Red Hot Sauce
Tobasco Sauce
View Results

• Locked thread
Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

this is really good, I prefer the green kind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Lao gan ma ftw

A Tasteful Nude
Jun 3, 2013

A cool anime hagrid pic (imagine nude pls)
i fuckin love the tapatio man he's SO happy about hot sauce

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

VendaGoat posted:

I put BBQ sauce on my steak and soy sauce on caviar.

Try teriaki

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

oyster sauce on my hot dog

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Cholula is my poo poo but i live in an uncultured wasteland where Franks is the best thing o can get without a day trip to the nearest city

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

hemophilia posted:

Cholula is my poo poo but i live in an uncultured wasteland where Franks is the best thing o can get without a day trip to the nearest city

Check the "ethnic" section of your local store.

Wolfman Nards
Apr 5, 2011

the only reason tobasco is everywhere is because it's loaded with vinegar and keeps for a really long time when it's not refrigerated. that's nice because restaurants can just leave it on the table, but it just tastes like spicy vinegar. sriracha goes just as long without spoiling and it actually has flavor. it's a brave new globalized world. you can buy sushi right next to the mexican restaurant, so start using this new superior vietnamese hot sauce because yes there are things other cultures can do better than you

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

gringo bandito has good flavor but isn't really that hot, dude sure is excited tho

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

owl milk posted:

crystal is better and more authentic than louisiana

You're stupid and gay. Louisiana is better it has a slightly more complex flavor.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Cholula is the best. All other hot sauces are beta tier

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

vyst posted:

Cholula is the best. All other hot sauces are beta tier
look how dumb you are

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

numberoneposter posted:

Nando's Brand Peri-Peri Extra Hot is my current favorite though. such flavor. nicey spicey!! WOW!!

unless nandos is diff where you live, i had it in NZ and it was terrible. it tasted really vinegary like tobacco with not much flavor other than ~heat~.

if you like peri peri, check out Zulu if you like garlic chunks and nice cool garlic flavor to go with it.

Rhino is also really good for peri peri flavor and instead of being heavy on the garlic, it's more of a nice roasted tomato flavor. i like em both and infinitely better than nandos

one good thing about living in the bay area is we make a lottt of hot sauce, my neighbor runs a local hot sauce shop which has an awesome tasting bench of almost everything.

Lucky Dog is probably one of my favorite all purpose and cheap--it's not very spicey but it's it has a great balance of flavor and spice. it's also has a nice body to it, which can be good or bad depending on what you're doing with it. i treat it as more of a condensed salsa.

Secret Aardvark was actually kind of the inspiration for lucky dog. It's thinner which makes it go well with some things better and has a nice flavor to it, also cheaper.

a lot of hot sauces mix berries with very spicey peppers, some of them don't really work but I really like cauterizer. has a nice blueberry+apricot flavor to balance out the scorpion pepper

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

numberoneposter posted:

look how dumb you are

look how dumb you are.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i had some Secret Aardvark last year, very good stuff from portland i think, this guy i know brought back a case of it

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE

Xaris posted:

unless nandos is diff where you live, i had it in NZ and it was terrible. it tasted really vinegary like tobacco with not much flavor other than ~heat~.

if you like peri peri, check out Zulu if you like garlic chunks and nice cool garlic flavor to go with it.

Rhino is also really good for peri peri flavor and instead of being heavy on the garlic, it's more of a nice roasted tomato flavor. i like em both and infinitely better than nandos

one good thing about living in the bay area is we make a lottt of hot sauce, my neighbor runs a local hot sauce shop which has an awesome tasting bench of almost everything.

Lucky Dog is probably one of my favorite all purpose and cheap--it's not very spicey but it's it has a great balance of flavor and spice. it's also a nice body to it

Secret Aardvark was actually kind of the inspiration for lucky dog. It's thinner which makes it go well with some things better and has a nice flavor to it, also cheaper.

a lot of hot sauces mix berries with very spicey peppers, some of them don't really work but I really like cauterizer. has a nice blueberry+apricot flavor to balance out the scorpion pepper

If you were a woman, I'd consider inseminating you.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Iamblikhos posted:

If you were a woman, I'd consider inseminating you.

eh i could sperg out more but go ahead

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

a friend of mine made his own batch of habanero sauce and he didnt wear gloves while chopping the peppers so the whole process removed the first layer of skin from his hands and his apartment seemed like it had been pepper sprayed for a few days after it had been prepared

Police Academy III
Nov 4, 2011

yeah, this poo poo

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

numberoneposter posted:

a friend of mine made his own batch of habanero sauce and he didnt wear gloves while chopping the peppers so the whole process removed the first layer of skin from his hands and his apartment seemed like it had been pepper sprayed for a few days after it had been prepared
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-KzGKoLHXk

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
A friend of mine got a hot sauce called Endorphin Rush all over his hands, crouch, and eyes, but he was actually in a lot of pain.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
haha that sucks. i've never tried making my own and never will, seems like a lot of work when theres' people who know their stuff and been experimenting for years.

anyways, as with any hot sauce thread, i think it's time to cue a rush of goons who start claiming that hot sauces drown out all the flavor and for baby palettes who hate the taste of food. because you know, moderation or hot sauces that have flavor that aren't just pure capsicum don't exist :downs:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

one of the times you wash your hands BEFORE taking a piss

the ol' hot balls and dick

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Unironically: GB has great flavor.

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010
I became addicted to Tobasco in France.

They are so convinced that condiments ruin foods that they only put out Tobasco.

I drank it like wine and now I buy it by the 375ml bottle.

(Those do exist and I go through one every three weeks)

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
of course tobasco why even ask

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

cant wait for the boutique mustard thread next

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

a starwar betamax posted:

of course tobasco why even ask
NO ONE ASKD YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

numberoneposter posted:

NO ONE ASKD YOU

:lolstonk:

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

numberoneposter posted:

NO ONE ASKD YOU

I asked him, it's the topic of this thread.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I slap tapatio or cholula on basically everything

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I mix Frank's with hummus and eat it with Buffalo wheat thins.

White_person.txt

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

TEAYCHES posted:

tobasco is really not good unless you have no other choice

I like their habanero sauce a lot

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Ableist Kinkshamer posted:

I like their habanero sauce a lot

their chipotle and green sauce is ok too. regular tobasco just isnt great at all compared to all the alternatives

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

a bay posted:

I asked him, it's the topic of this thread.
ok jeez whatever

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
tAbasco you loving heathens. Spell it right.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

this thread's poll is like voting republican or democrat

both bad choices

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
To each their own, but I think the choices are delicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
i got some crystal because it was on sale. it's ok.

• Locked thread