Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE

EugeneJ posted:

Why are there no white nominees for the BET Awards THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS

Do they still do those even?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of Eazy E
Feb 4, 2013

WANTED: BREAD OR ALIVE

So no PoC made any good movies. Racism huh..

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

that selma movie must have been real bad

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Clearly the op and huffpo would be happier if there was a token black person in each award category.

Also, lol al sharpton yet again.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Rasta_Al posted:

Who gives a gently caress about the Oscars?
i don't

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

White guilt is going to make a bunch of whiny hipster bloggers go see this movie to atone for slavery and then they can all circle jerk over each others blogs about how much more diverse they are.
they won't (see the movie, i mean)

they'll just jerk themselves off about it

Xaris posted:

lmao excuse me, CRASH is the greatest movie ever made. it tells a deeply rivetting and empowering tale of racism across all points of views coming together. also the help and Blindside are loving goooddd

tho i wonder how many nomineees are lovely drama oscarbaits about struggles of being black in [x time period].
crash also passed over brokeback mountain.

had brokeback mountain won instead of crash, would it have helped gay americans at all

nope

because this is empty stupid poo poo

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

snodig posted:

http://oscar.go.com/nominees

Are you triggered yet?

If there's a lesson to be learned here it's that we have a long way to go before we can truly talk about progress being made. Also: this sucks.

The lesson to be learned is that you should not post.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Sleeveless posted:

Award shows don't matter and nobody cares about them anymore

-spends the next month arguing about award show nominations-
it's cheap clickbait for liberal websites

there are incentives to write these articles

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
don't worry, al sharpton will make things right

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

a retard posted:

lmao at selma. hey you know how lbj worked with mlk on the civil rights act and considered it the greatest act of his presidency? let's turn him into a obstructionist rear end in a top hat because gently caress the facts we need a villian for the movie. *gets nominated for best picture*

The Turing Movie Imitation Game that will be nominated for an Oscar next go around did the same thing. It also turned Turing into a carbon copy of BBC Sherlock and was poo poo all around. But making poo poo up and being unfaithful to people you are portraying is creative license and not unethical.

Nonsense posted:

beyonce is greatest artist of all time

Actually it is Nicki Minaj who is the progressive beacon that will bring a light to this world and not yet another rich entertainer who uses movements to bolster sales.

Antifa Spacemarine fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jan 16, 2015

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
*checks thread* ah yes despite my warning on the first page there are still people implying that no black people got picked b/c the oscars chose to be apolitical and pick the ~best~ movies

perhaps you will heed my next warning: im gonna get you, suckas

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

420DD Butts posted:

no, because other cultures are cool and unless you live in Chicago/Minneapolis/KC the only food you will be getting is the blandest poo poo imaginable

oh i get it. white = one culture (lol despite 50 nations in europe) and food is what matters.

the best italian food ive ever had was made by a guy from el salvador.

really makes you think.

no it doesn't

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE
I bet most of you scrubs never had sushi prepared by an actual Japanese person.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Nation posted:

This is the oscars not a rap music award show jeez

I can always tell when its oscars season because a person of color from a movie I've never heard of becomes an instant celebrity (for a couple weeks) because they got an affirmative action nomination.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

cant wait to see what that pirate guy from Capt Phillips is up to now oh nothing roflm

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Zombies' Downfall posted:

*checks thread* ah yes despite my warning on the first page there are still people implying that no black people got picked b/c the oscars chose to be apolitical and pick the ~best~ movies

perhaps you will heed my next warning: im gonna get you, suckas

selma was a boring movie and you are a bad poster sorry

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
No one who loves movies as an artform cares about the oscars

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Bro Dad posted:

selma was a boring movie and you are a bad poster sorry

quit being racist bro

don't you know if you don't like a movie about black people the ONLY reason you don't like it because you're racist.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

i think more movies should be sweeping long shots of historical figures staring at the camera while the oscar bait soundtrack plays

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i just a sweeping long shot

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

RaceBannon posted:

oh i get it. white = one culture (lol despite 50 nations in europe) and food is what matters.

the best italian food ive ever had was made by a guy from el salvador.

really makes you think.

no it doesn't

You are dumb

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
well they gave the oscar to crash that one year so i think this year they giving it to the gays

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
isnt pretty much every award show rigged someone just throw a brotha a little golden man actually that guy on page 1 had the right idea give it to Tyler Perry because lol

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
What black films should of been nominated?

It's fine to complain if you have a list of good movies.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

420DD Butts posted:

no, because other cultures are cool and unless you live in Chicago/Minneapolis/KC the only food you will be getting is the blandest poo poo imaginable

lol k bud

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
get this, race isn't culture and any race/culture can make any other race/cultures food unless you are a racist and believe that only certain ones can make certain food good

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Huffpo finds something offensive? How unusual. Better click and see what that's about.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Ramsus posted:

get this, race isn't culture and any race/culture can make any other race/cultures food unless you are a racist and believe that only certain ones can make certain food good

Chinese food in Mexico is objectively awful.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Nonsense posted:

Chinese food in Mexico is objectively awful.

they don't have the secret ingredient gutter oil

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Racism never disappeared from Hollywood.

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

420DD Butts posted:

You are dumb

No, I'm not.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
two chainz is the greatest man alive

fact

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Ramsus posted:

lol the likelihood of this happening in a completely homogeneous state is very unlikely

unless for some reason random white people just grow up knowing how to make thai food

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.
if you have ever watched this award show or cared about it plz kill your family and then yourself

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

420DD Butts posted:

lol the likelihood of this happening in a completely homogeneous state is very unlikely

unless for some reason random white people just grow up knowing how to make thai food

it's 2015, we have the internet and thai food isn't some asian sorcery

matrocious
Feb 7, 2011
Good on the OP for caring about something important like Hollywood movie award demographics.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Ramsus posted:

naw bro its cause only true vietnamese peoples can make authentic vietnamese food yknow what i mean man you need that CULTURE lemme show you this chill spot i found bro so real man you can really taste it

*goes to some restaurant owned by chinese guy and staffed almost exclusively by mexicans*

oh man so AUTHENTIC theyre so much wiser than we are you know i really consider myself sort of a buddist and

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Ramsus posted:

i grew up in the midwest, so unless iowa is somehow a lot different from kansas, nebraska, indiana, etc. you're full of poo poo

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Beef Turret posted:

No one who loves movies as an artform cares about the oscars

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

420DD Butts posted:

i grew up in the midwest, so unless iowa is somehow a lot different from kansas, nebraska, indiana, etc. you're full of poo poo
the midwest could always get shittier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Remember when Ben Affleck got an Oscar for casting himself as a real guy named Mendez? Good times.

Seriously, gently caress Ben Affleck.

• Locked thread