Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
Just walked away from a two year relationship for many reasons, but the main one was that I don't want children and she does within three years. On our first date, she agreed with me, saying she had never wanted kids and was even a little iffy on marriage. Halfway through the relationship she changed her mind, then it was all: "so have you rethought the baby-thing? You have to tell me if you're sure you'll never change your mind. Why don't you want them? You must not love me the same as I love you." A year of this. I even softened my stance on it, considered it. Hey, I'm not going to be young and beautiful forever, right? But then she laid down the timetable ultimatum. In 3 years?! I just couldn't handle that. So I had to walk away.

This is the second love I've left because I refuse to compromise on my child timetable, which honestly, has equal probability of being never. The first one I left told me at about a year as well. Though to be fair, this one did not change her mind, merely that we had never brought it up until that point. Both exes were in their late 20's at the time.

This is starting to get to me. I don't like being single all the time, having to break up in the middle of love because I don't want to water down my life with children. And my options are becoming limited, all the women my age who haven't already procreated want to, and soon. Tick tock. I wish I wanted children.

I'm beginning to think maybe I'm going to need to give into the ransom, if only to be able to hold on to someone I love...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

http://www.reddit.com/r/childfree

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
what do i care for your suffering

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

the actual reason you'll die broken and alone isn't that you don't want kids, it's that you're the sort of person who says "crotch spawn"

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW
As soon as you have kids you become the bitch, sorry OP.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
The thing is, I'm CF now, but I have no idea whether I'll be one in ten years. I'm 100% certain I don't want any kids now or in the next 5-10 years. But after that, I have no idea. Tho if I'm starting to think about kids in my forties, it may already be too late, so perhaps a vasectomy would be the best idea... When is that drat VasGel gonna get here, dammit!?

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
true story people who have kids try to get other people to have kids because they hate their lives and want you to hate yours out of jealousy

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

sry about ur immaturity problems

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Torka posted:

the actual reason you'll die broken and alone isn't that you don't want kids, it's that you're the sort of person who says "crotch spawn"

Yeah. The correct term is 'larva.'

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
the best idea is just to get some dumb chick pregnant and not be involved in the kids life you get to pass on your genes and not take care of a kid

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
dagnabbit babes quit trying to make me grow up

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

Cthulu Carl posted:

Yeah. The correct term is 'larva.'
it's "oval office turds"

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
:haw:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Do it ironically posted:

the best idea is just to get some dumb chick pregnant and not be involved in the kids life you get to pass on your genes and not take care of a kid

The real trick is to cuckoo a couple and be a brood parasite.

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

If you brag about your car and it is less than $1,000,000 you literally deserve to die.

Jailbrekr
Apr 8, 2002
A TOWN LEVELED BY AN EXPLOSION? DOZENS LIKELY KILLED? OH GOD LET ME SEE THAT SWEET VIDEO OH MY GOD I'M CUMMING
:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

I'm Crap posted:

it's "oval office turds"

I refer to mine as "retirement plan"

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Eventually you will cross into the cougar zone where women with 2-3 failed marriages will not want children with you.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

holy out till your 40s and convince her to adopt like an azn kid or something

bribe her with fake tits

never sell the miata

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Cthulu Carl posted:

The real trick is to cuckoo a couple and be a brood parasite.

:golfclap:

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

You'd think he'd get the carrera.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

What bitches wants is what bitches gets

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Jailbrekr posted:

I refer to mine as "retirement plan"

Good luck when all your kids are little jesse pinkmans without the sweet laboratory gig.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
convincing white people to be child free is the greatest victory the muslims and jews have every concocted

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It might sound like a great plan now, but eventually you are going to be faced with dating the type of woman who is single and childless in her 30s. Have fun with that.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Danger Mahoney posted:

It might sound like a great plan now, but eventually you are going to be faced with dating the type of woman who is single and childless in her 30s. Have fun with that.

how is that a problem

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004

gnarlyhotep posted:

how is that a problem

I'm moving soon, from one country that's a bit "behind" on pet culture, to another. While living in either is fine, the moving process is a headache times a million, and includes moving my dog from a non-rabies-free zone to a rabies-free zone. More headaches. Lots of money.

This is okay, because I love him and I'd spend whatever it took to keep him cozy and happy.

But that doesn't mean you get to rip me off!

I bought a reservation at a hotel that advertised itself as "pet friendly" but then afterwards, I stumbled across the information that that means a THOUSAND dollar refundable deposit, and a FIVE HUNDRED dollar non-refundable "fumigation fee," whatever that means.

That's madness! So I'm going through the labyrinth of trying to cancel a nonrefundable stay and find another option in a city already devoid of options, and it's just so depressing.

He's not even a big dog. At 8 pounds, he's smaller than most newborns, quieter than pretty much all children, obeys commands quicker and more reliably than many children, and is less prone to disruption or destruction than many children are. He's clean and cute and healthy, he might even pass a canine good citizen test if they offered them where I live.

I'm so sick of this crap. I can get on a plane and have a kid screaming and crying the whole way. I can get a room in a hotel and have kids banging on the walls and running up and down the hallways and pissing in the pool. I can go out to dinner at a nice restaurant and have kids playing games between the tables or making a fuss over their food, but you know what? I don't say anything.

I get that people want or need to bring their children places that I'd rather not encounter them. I am understanding, I just wish the world could be understanding that my dog is not a toy on a shelf to be ignored when he's not useful, he's a real live family member whose presence in my life is no more negotiable than their kids' presence is, and I've trained him to behave in public accordingly.

He couldn't cause five hundred or a thousand dollars worth of damage if he wanted to, he tried to eat my USB drive in his adolescence and managed no better than a few teeth marks on the plastic. And yet these people want to charge an arm and a leg just for two days of him being in the same room with me, when they'd never dream of such a thing if he was a baby.

In some hotels, noisy germy rude children get to stay for free! And I'm not even asking that, just that the fee be *reasonable.*

Pet fee? Fine. It's fair to account for the wear and tear on a room with an animal just like for a human.

Exorbitant, insane, highway robbery pet fee that costs more than the fee for the humans? No way!

I'm all for spaces being inclusive, but to me that means that a well-trained dog should get access to the same appropriate spaces that young children do, without their owners having to be Bill Gates rich to afford it.

It's probably a little absurd to call it full on discrimination, but drat is it frustrating knowing that if he were a baby, people/businesses would be falling over themselves to be friendly and helpful, but since he's covered in fur they turn up their noses and don't want my money (or want insane amounts of it for stupid reasons.)

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
Relationships are dumb. just use Tinder and gently caress a different person every night for the rest of your life.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
Maybe you should want to have kids because that's why we're on this goddamn planet. And if you're unable to procreate yourself then don't be a shitlord and adopt a needing child.

One job as a human bro.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Thats definitely a more rewarding existence than spending your hard earned money on babies.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Doh004 posted:

Maybe you should want to have kids because that's why we're on this goddamn planet. And if you're unable to procreate yourself then don't be a shitlord and adopt a needing child.

One job as a human bro.

Do the opposite of this, OP. Reduce the local human population by killing yourself and your famil

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Doh004 posted:

One job as a human bro.

Adopting a kid is like mowing your neighbors lawn for the rest of your life.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

I'm a girl who literally filters my dating options through "no kids". I LOVE kids. Other people's kids. They just aren't for me. :v:

I know the male stereotype is "hurr marriage is equivalent to jail and children are even worse" but you'd be surprised how many guys want kids. Lost a couple of promising relationships that way.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
As humans get smarter, they realize that life is meaningless. They dont even want to live themselves, why would they want to make more? The last generations spend their remaining years in vain pursuits of pleasures of the flesh and die out. Nah I'm just kidding minorities have like 9 kids each and conservative policies/religious fundamentalism gets a resurgence. Lol, whites.

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
Call your sperms your children and save them in a jar you call the nursery. This will satisfy your lady's maternal instinct. This and other lifehacks available at lifehack.org.

poorlifedecision
Feb 13, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
A beta bitch like you should consider sterilization OP.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

As humans get smarter, they realize that life is meaningless. They dont even want to live themselves, why would they want to make more? The last generations spend their remaining years in vain pursuits of pleasures of the flesh and die out. Nah I'm just kidding minorities have like 9 kids each and conservative policies/religious fundamentalism gets a resurgence. Lol, whites.

Why do so many people say minorities are the ones with clown car vaginas when literally every trailer park has quite a few white families that keep popping out kids because either God tells them to or they are allergic to birth control

I've seen white trash moms that have more kids than they do teeth

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Cuckoo posted:

Why do so many people say minorities are the ones with clown car vaginas when literally every trailer park has quite a few white families that keep popping out kids because either God tells them to or they are allergic to birth control

I've seen white trash moms that have more kids than they do teeth

yeah and there's those Duggar freaks too

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
it's not really 1 particular race i think people mostly just get frustrated at really poor people having tons of kids because you've basically just trapped yourself and your children in your own lovely life cycle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

try gay op

• Locked thread