Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sheep-Goats posted:

Shut up about tipping you morons.

thats the topic of the thread :shrug: Sorry for staying on topic OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
The topic of the thread is lovely people. If the topic of the thread were tipping everyone should still shut up about it.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

snodig posted:

The owner.

Being born looking like that he has the right to be angry and act like an rear end in a top hat.

I dono. Everytime there's a story about the Church of Satan it's either some dude who looks like Kane from Command and Conquer or this guy

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Darth123123 posted:

beep boop does not compute. lol at all the autists that can't understand social interactions

beep boop im a major industrialist, let me tell you i'd be so rich if it weren't for all of these drat employees *puffs on cigar*
beep boop im a shitheel libertarian who imagines himself to be the goddamed atlas of the earth, where are the poor people for me to gently caress with for not literally sucking my dick as they deliver my sandwich

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
beep boop

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
Quick question why would you want to be mean to the pizza man okay see ya

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Sheep-Goats posted:

The topic of the thread is lovely people. If the topic of the thread were tipping everyone should still shut up about it.

The topic of this thread is to debate wether it's a thread about tipping or not.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

FogHelmut posted:

How do you decide what's "good?" Is there a standard applied evenly to all servers by all patrons?
Consider the job of the person you are tipping compared to your job. For them, an extra couple of bucks is a significant part of their hourly wage, for you it's probably just a coffee. If you're using tip based services so often that tipping well is a financial burden, maybe you should order less pizzas or eat out less often.

Personally my brother and I were raised by a single mom that waitressed for a bit while getting back on her feet after my dad's early death. It was in state where the min wage for service staff is still close to 2 bucks in 2015 and so she was literally supporting a family off tips. I don't eat out a ton but when I do I try to tip well because you never know what their life is like and even if it's just for some entertainment they could probably use an extra 5 more than I could.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Fishy Joe posted:

Quick question why would you want to be mean to the pizza man okay see ya

i don't know how you could possibly get mad at dude bringing you food when you're hungry, without you even having to leave the apartment

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Ask me about telling people not to change my avatar

Literal Carehaver posted:

there is no debate there are just lovely poors who don't tip who need correcting by their Betters

In my experiences the poor people were often the best tippers. I would often get stiffed delivering a pizza to the rich part of town. The dude living in the run down apartments was almost always good for $5, plus he probably gonna smoke you out too.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

ArbitraryC posted:

Consider the job of the person you are tipping compared to your job. For them, an extra couple of bucks is a significant part of their hourly wage, for you it's probably just a coffee. If you're using tip based services so often that tipping well is a financial burden, maybe you should order less pizzas or eat out less often.

Personally my brother and I were raised by a single mom that waitressed for a bit while getting back on her feet after my dad's early death. It was in state where the min wage for service staff is still close to 2 bucks in 2015 and so she was literally supporting a family off tips. I don't eat out a ton but when I do I try to tip well because you never know what their life is like and even if it's just for some entertainment they could probably use an extra 5 more than I could.

I think you miss my point. I'm not anti-tipping as a tipper. I always tip. I'm anti-tipping as an institution. It shouldn't exist. People should be paid well in the first place by their employer. Leaving tipping to the customer does not encourage some ridiculous free market concept of working hard or whatever bullshit American ideal that is. It just gives shitheads a pedestal to hang their money over the heads of service workers.

I want the service people to have money. I want the insecure small animal chokers to get hosed. I want the bosses to pony up.

tl;dr - beep boop

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

FogHelmut posted:

I think you miss my point. I'm not anti-tipping as a tipper. I always tip. I'm anti-tipping as an institution. It shouldn't exist. People should be paid well in the first place by their employer. Leaving tipping to the customer does not encourage some ridiculous free market concept of working hard or whatever bullshit American ideal that is. It just gives shitheads a pedestal to hang their money over the heads of service workers.

I want the service people to have money. I want the insecure small animal chokers to get hosed. I want the bosses to pony up.

tl;dr - beep boop

I think you missed mine. I never said I wish the current cultural norm to remain for ever and ever? I agree its a lovely system, but you are doing a poor job of changing it so far, so I tip heavily on a regular basis until you get your poo poo together. Hell sometimes I tip people that make decent money! Egad!

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

It's nice that the internet can be used for good from time to time. This place is going to be out of business unless they have a lot of cash around to ride this out.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I like how in the video you can tell that when the delivery guy is explaining why it doesn't make sense to give extra money to someone when you're paying for something and they completely not understanding it.

Bill: $42

He is given: :20bux:, :20bux:, $5, $5

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

FogHelmut posted:

tl;dr - beep boop

Eh I dunno about that, tips are kind of nice cause they're under the table and not controlled by the profit margin your boss wants. Being a particularly good waiter or whatever can get you a lot of money, probably more than you'd be paid even if the wages were designed to be "fair". I like washington's system where there's no difference in min wage, but tipping is still a thing. It's in my experience a really good way to give money directly to a hardworking person who could use it.

If hypothetically we lived in a communist utopia where everyone got the same wages then yeah I'd be okay with tipping not being a thing, but as long as capitalism is a thing then service staff are going to be on the low rings of the wage ladder and tipping is a nice cultural way to share a bit of wealth.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Professor Shark posted:

I like how in the video you can tell that when the delivery guy is explaining why it doesn't make sense to give extra money to someone when you're paying for something and they completely not understanding it.

Bill: $42

He is given: :20bux:, :20bux:, $5, $5
Nah you can tell they get they did something stupid and that's just why they're being dicks to the guy because it feels better than admitting you're wrong. You can hear him try to pass off the blame of what he did onto someone else "I just gave you all the money he gave me". Deep down he knows.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i tip 15% exactly no more no less. peace out, pizza guy.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah if you clearly have the ability to give the dude exact change or very close to it and actually give them like $8 more or whatever in $1s then it is implied that it is a tip.

HOWEVER, most restaurants and delivery places will train servers and delivery people to automatically hand back proper change regardless and wait for actual confirmation of the tip just in case this exact situation happens.

That said most of the time employees are also told they don't have to take verbal abuse so it's a good way to get hung up on or refused service or otherwise jacked for your $8 nontip.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jan 15, 2015

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Extra posted:

Bostonians take being an rear end in a top hat to new levels.

quote:

State Police said some of the protesters were wearing diapers, apparently expecting it would take a long time to remove them from the roadway.

lol

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Why didn't delivery bitch just return the money as pennies spilled all over?

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

snodig posted:

The owner.

Sipowicz !!!

buttcrackmenace fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jan 15, 2015

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Smug thug 4 life

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Just shave your head at that point. at least crop it close.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
I order pizza(and pay) online. Guy delivers it, no tips, hes getting paid per hour. lol if you dont have this option

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Drunkboxer posted:

Just shave your head at that point.

he shaved his head while looking in a mirror and stopped when he couldn't see anymore hair

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Puffy Jacket Fetish posted:

he shaved his head while looking in a mirror and stopped when he couldn't see anymore hair
No way he can't look behind his own ears with those chameleon eyes.

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!

"Off to church I go!!!"

I wonder if he stiffs the collection basket as well.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Doppelganger posted:

No way he can't look behind his own ears with those chameleon eyes.

just because he's evolved to better detect land predators on the horizon is no reason to make fun of him

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
i imagine him going "What? A TIP!?!?" while one of his chameleon eyes angrily looks sideways in your direction

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY
the tsarvaevs bombed the wrong place

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
Can they be blacklisted from each and every delivery establishment? That fat black guy looks like he needs to eat every hour or so, he might go insane.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
Working at a used car lot sucks; those are miserable people.

The pizza guy gets to drive around all evening, smoke weed, meet weird people, listen to the radio, go home with cash in his pocket, etc.

Used car people have to spend all day in close proximity with other used car people (sad/angry failures that can't even work at a new car lot) and 100% of the time have a total scumbag for a boss that is trying to rip them off whenever he isn't yelling at them for not making sales to the dirt poor bad credit people that come in trying to buy $10k cars with zero down. Oh and some weeks they don't get paid anything.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 minutes!
if i was a pizza delivery man i would def ejaculate on all pizzas because the odds of a jerk ordering are p decent so i'd be right some of the time and the rest of the time eat my jizz lol idc

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Why would you ever put this on the internet. What subhuman troll looks at this and says 'yeah, this is a good picture of me, lets put this on the profile'? Maybe this really was the best picture he took that day?

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

fyodor posted:

if i was a pizza delivery man i would def ejaculate on all pizzas because the odds of a jerk ordering are p decent so i'd be right some of the time and the rest of the time eat my jizz lol idc

I specifically request this every time I order a pizza and to my knowledge no one has ever obliged. There goes your tip, pizza-jerks!

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
He kinda reminds me of the get out frog.
Except he's subhuman filth.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

bitcoin bastard posted:

Why would you ever put this on the internet. What subhuman troll looks at this and says 'yeah, this is a good picture of me, lets put this on the profile'? Maybe this really was the best picture he took that day?

He also originally put that video online because he thought he was in the right and that the internet would love his sick pizza man burns

Basically he doesn't think first before putting things online is what I am saying.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Monkey Fracas posted:

i don't know how you could possibly get mad at dude bringing you food when you're hungry, without you even having to leave the apartment

If movies have taught me anything, it's that these lucky bastards are getting far more sex from random, hot strangers than anyone else on the planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The little brother of a guy I graduated with delivered a pizza to me a few years ago, I gave him a decent tip because he was much cooler than his brother.

He bought a motorcycle a few months later and dashed his brains out all over a highway.

That tip I gave him helped him to buy that motorcycle.

Please think before you tip.

• Locked thread