Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my turn in the barrel
Dec 31, 2007

The yelp photos are hilarious

This is my favorite
http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/f-and-r-auto-sales-westport#iuJxJ5Cjx4wdJn7Kt4uZhg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Tipping is a lousy practice.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Yep, and if you dont do it you should be shunned

Buff Baby
Jan 7, 2008

As a human being, I'm embarrassed.
this is apparently the dude who was shouting 'i want him FIRED!!!!!' side of the story

quote:

.....like I said everyone is seeing one side of the story......no one sees when the delivery driver drops off the pizzas.....for one it was a busy day......two yes it was are fault for not having the money together when he got there......but when he got there we just threw all the money at him.....and we were trying to see who owed what for what.....and we looked up to see how much money the delivery guy had.....he took off!!!!.....without saying NOTHING!!!!......so we called palace pizza and told the manager that the driver just took off without telling us and we were wondering what the hell happened.....so palace pizza manager sent him back.....and that's the video everyone is blowing out of proportion......and at the end of the video when you see my sales girl say the put your foot up the rear end poo poo and I errupt.....is because when the delivery guy is walking out off camera he was yelling explanatories at my sales girl calling her a bitch and a few other things.....so that's why she said that.....so once again everyone if you don't know the whole story stop judging!!!!!!

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.

snodig posted:

I feel kinda bad for the daughter. :(
Reading this as people yelling at each other in Boston accents makes it a hundred times better.

Buff Baby posted:

this is apparently the dude who was shouting 'i want him FIRED!!!!!' side of the story

Oh,I see,they flipped out on him because he would eventually say something mean back to people who were berating him. All is forgiven.

Stormageddon fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Jan 16, 2015

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

Buff Baby posted:

A Literal Crazy Person posted:

.....like I said everyone is seeing one side of the story......no one sees when the delivery driver drops off the pizzas.....for one it was a busy day......two yes it was are fault for not having the money together when he got there......but when he got there we just threw all the money at him.....and we were trying to see who owed what for what.....and we looked up to see how much money the delivery guy had.....he took off!!!!.....without saying NOTHING!!!!......so we called palace pizza and told the manager that the driver just took off without telling us and we were wondering what the hell happened.....so palace pizza manager sent him back.....and that's the video everyone is blowing out of proportion......and at the end of the video when you see my sales girl say the put your foot up the rear end poo poo and I errupt.....is because when the delivery guy is walking out off camera he was yelling explanatories at my sales girl calling her a bitch and a few other things.....so that's why she said that.....so once again everyone if you don't know the whole story stop judging!!!!!!

saw he's one of those serial ellipsis users and couldn't read

seriously what the gently caress is wrong with those peoples brains that they think "..." is an appropriate substitution for all punctuation, then proceed to go overboard worse than the worst comma abusers.

its just barely better than a giant gently caress off run on sentence i guess

this alone is more than enough evidence that this guy is in the wrong on this, or probably any other issue

Damo fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Jan 16, 2015

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'll bet some of them are gypsies, they're the only ones I know besides Israelis who go out of their way to say "nothing" rather than "anything", and they gravitate towards shady businesses, and there's a lot around Providence. The owner looks white though so IDK.

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.

a posting ghost posted:

I'll bet some of them are gypsies, they're the only ones I know besides Israelis who go out of their way to say "nothing" rather than "anything", and they gravitate towards shady businesses, and there's a lot around Providence. The owner looks white though so IDK.

Nah,that's just Boston. Almost definitely Irish.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Stormageddon posted:

Nah,that's just Boston. Almost definitely Irish.

I didn't watch the video..its clear they are? And again theyre not in or anywhere near Boston, its 45 mins with no traffic from where they are. (I'm from Boston)

Edit nah theyre just average Irish/English/Italian townies ah well. If they were Gypsy it would have been a whole hell of a lot funnier.

the worst thing is fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Jan 16, 2015

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Stormageddon posted:

Oh,I see,they flipped out on him because he would eventually say something mean back to people who were berating him. All is forgiven.

Haha that's what I was thinking, he's justifying what they did by what the driver (maybe) did in reaction to it. I deal with that when I'm teaching Primary and Grade 1 classes.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

Damo posted:

saw he's one of those serial ellipsis users and couldn't read

seriously what the gently caress is wrong with those peoples brains that they think "..." is an appropriate substitution for all punctuation, then proceed to go overboard worse than the worst comma abusers.

its just barely better than a giant gently caress off run on sentence i guess

this alone is more than enough evidence that this guy is in the wrong on this, or probably any other issue

He's actually shouting this entire comment. The "..." parts are just the sound of him inhaling loudly for the next bit of shouting.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
Man, these car dealers from Boston are such jerks, are all people from Boston like this? I have a friend from Boston who is actually a really nice guy, but maybe its because he's in Canada, and he will revert to his natural rear end in a top hat Boston him self when he goes back there.

Those car dealers mindset is if someone makes minimum wage you should be able to spit into his mouth while he is talking and if he doesn't swallow it and say nothing about it and so much as gag you have fired within a week. The pizza guy was perfectly reasonable when he came back. Not only was the pizza guy giving back a tip, he made an other trip back to give it to them, so it was really like he was out two tips. While they behaved like assholes every step of the way. that $7 would have amounted to $1 or $2 between them. No one should just accept to be being spoken to in that way.

Dely Apple posted:

Things goons really have opinions on:

Tipping
Hot Sauces
Beer / Whisky
Animes
Sandwiches??

Judging by the thread about the Down syndrome kid you can add eugenics to this list too. Also ketchup, and anything that you can view on screen (any show, movie, sport, video game, etc).

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
This is the reason I love this site so much. I love you Goons.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Blast Fantasto posted:

Fat Blackadder

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

I want to believe this is real so very much.

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009

Rabble posted:

Their current listing doesn't show that at the moment. It does however, show some legitimate looking, awful, reviews...

http://www.dealerrater.com/dealer/F-R-Auto-Sales-Inc-review-18328/

--edit--

Haha, the pic is legitimate, if you click the "write a review" tab, it's there.
The fact it's not as hosed as their Yelp page made me suspicious.
The fact that it's still terrible is not a surprise

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Buff Baby posted:

So now is he just bold faced lying? Because the delivery guy said several times he told them the total and that they didn't owe as much as he was given, even when he was directly talking to the man in the store. He said it in a calm manner preemptively, and not as an after the fact justification so I'd be surprised if he was lying about that. So "he didn't tell us the order total!" (which they say when you loving order the pizza anyways) seems like he's just lying straight through his teeth.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Rabble posted:

It is :ssh:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Recent reviewers about their used car buying experience with them:

CarlosTheDwarf
Jun 1, 2001
Up shit creek.
Good thing about tipping in america is that servers generally work hard to try and get a good tip. I've traveled to a lot of other countries where you see the server twice, once to take your order and once to bring you your food. Good luck getting a refill on your water...

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

http://www.gofundme.com/xx9js

Looks like a lot of people are donating $7.00.

He is up to $18,000.00, he should buy a new car from a competitor.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Sheep-Goats posted:

If you want Person C to get money the best way to do that is not to give it to Person B and then say keep what you want and then pass the rest along. Now please shut up about tipping.

pretty sure i had shut up about tipping for 5 hours before you posted that but thanks for the advice

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

How does that work when its not even the pizza boy's page he started? Seems like a cut and run pretty easy. Probably some juicy drama in the comments, but tldr.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Almost 19k now

open container
Sep 16, 2008

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

goddamn i am doing this next time something goes viral and stealing all the money

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
lol this was posted to craigslist a month before this whole thing even happened

https://southcoast.craigslist.org/ofc/4789800344.html

if you can't trust used car dealers, who can ya trust? smdh.

In all seriousness the negative reviews and stuff will do nothing to the business. That's why these places usually have ambiguous, easily changeable names (and they usually do change all the time). Change the name to Y&Z Auto Sales in a month and be lovely all over again.

Elwood P Dowd
Jan 4, 2003

Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.

Professor Shark posted:

Almost 19k now

The kid should start a hot dog business.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I don't tip because Obama makes me pay for these lazy poors free healthcare. They are already getting money from me why should they get more.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

slaw pizza

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

http://youtu.be/ic44AsTFrE0

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Professor Shark posted:

Recent reviewers about their used car buying experience with them:

sometimes the internet is just wonderful.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
i like how the security video was actually uploaded to the owners youtube account by himself automatic-like
:downsowned:

Zochness
May 13, 2009

I AM James Bond.
Pillbug

I WANT HIM FIRED guy posted:

is because when the delivery guy is walking out off camera he was yelling explanatories at my sales girl

I can't imagine the explanatories that were being yelled at that poor sales girl.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

Zochness posted:

I can't imagine the explanatories that were being yelled at that poor sales girl.

They were the most vile and misogynist explanatories you've ever heard. Also racist.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

he should go to their dealership with 22k and look at cars. See how they change their tune and record it all on a gopro including the super sweet deal they will have to give him based on internet pressure.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
yes, and he should show genuine interest in the extended warranty and stuff and then tell the salesman he has to use the bathroom and then sneak off and buy the car elsewhere :owned:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Actually the police should place the dealership owner under protection and arrest whoever is forging the good name of A&F motors on Yelp

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Nonsense posted:

Actually the police should place the dealership owner under protection and arrest whoever is forging the good name of A&F motors on Yelp

No need, he has an eye on things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
that fat guy who shouts about getting the guy fired like he's Gordon Gecko or some poo poo is basically the person I hate most in the world and it made it even better when his FB page was full of inspiration god quotes

also read that chick got fired so that's cool because girls really shouldn't try to be tough

• Locked thread