Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Extra posted:

*5 pages of tipping debate*

pretty much...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
gently caress boston

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.

FogHelmut posted:

this is why we shouldnt have tipping because shitlords use it as a power play over dudes just trying to make a living while getting hosed by their employers who shirk their responsibility of paying their employees

It's also bullshit because a lot of communal events don't tip poo poo so you end up making nothing on orders that are like fifty pizzas.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

snodig posted:

How much do you tip the guy taking your ticket at the cinema? $10?

at the cinema

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

on a 10'' schlong how much is tip

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

I used to deliver pizzas and once had an old guy threaten to call my boss because his order was like 9.69 and I didn't have 31 cents to give him.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
How do you decide who to tip?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i think it's possible to have both a living wage and tips for service workers who have to deal with tedious work and all kinds of lovely behavior from customers.

but god knows there's a lot of dipshits out there who get so loving worked up over "h-h-how much should i tip? why should i have to reward some loving lower-class untouchable? WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO SPEND A WHOLE EXTRA FEW BUCKS???????" that would probably be overjoyed if tipping were banned forever even without a living wage.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

quote:

Traffic was blocked on Interstate 93 north and south of Boston this morning by protesters who attached themselves to 1,200-pound barrels.

Bostonians take being an rear end in a top hat to new levels.

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jan 15, 2015

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Evil Rich Evans stiffs the delivery guy on the tip

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
boston.com is really making a killing on the guy-abuses-delivery-person stories

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

serious norman posted:

it's very rare to get a hot pizza imo
also he should pick a different job if he don't want a poo poo salary

sorry for your poor salary.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

snodig posted:

Step 1. Leave the house
Step 2. Observe cultural norms and traditions
Step 3. ?

snodig
Oct 5, 2014

Extra posted:

Bostonians take being an rear end in a top hat to new levels.

What's going to happen to their arm?

Darth123123 posted:

Step 1. Leave the house

Good one.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

snodig posted:

If you don't live in the US I understand this question.

If you live in the US, gently caress you.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
im gonna gently caress with that car dealership right now the only way i know how

*orders 10 x-large pizzas to their address*

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

jhorphear posted:

These are the reasons i don't miss delivering pizza. Mother fuckers paying with $20 in change, people trying to negotiate the price of the pizza when you get to their door, rear end holes talking down to you because they think they are better than you. Seriously, i bet every one of those lazy gently caress faces has never worked in food service.

I honestly believe that the world would be a better place if everybody was required to work in food service, customer service, or as a hospital orderly/nurse assistant for one year. At least it would give most people some perspective.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

tha gently caress is this? lol

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
Another tipping question: if you tip someone let's say $10 and then return another time ordering/doing the same thing, are you obligated to tip the same amount?

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
loving Goons bitching about tipping a pizza delivery guy a couple of bucks. Ask your momma for the change in her wallet and tip the poor dude for his having to drive to your home because you're too much of a lazy poo poo to get in your car and get it yourself.

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.
How much do the barrels weigh if the fatty gets cut loose?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

genesplicer posted:

I honestly believe that the world would be a better place if everybody was required to work in food service, customer service, or as a hospital orderly/nurse assistant for one year. At least it would give most people some perspective.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

genesplicer posted:

same, but in an office job like mine where you browse the web >50% of the time and not believe you get this much paid for barely doing anything

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

snodig posted:

Another tipping question: if you tip someone let's say $10 and then return another time ordering/doing the same thing, are you obligated to tip the same amount?

depends on the percentage that $10 represents. Tipping at least %15 for good/acceptable service is normal. Less if worse, more if better. Its really not that complicated.

If you come in 50 times and tip $10, then tip nothing on a subsequent visit, it would be noticed. They aren't going to publicly berate you tho, like this car dealer schmuck did in reverse.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

genesplicer posted:

meh, you only really need a month or two before that person's faith in humanity is appropriately destroyed

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008

serious norman posted:

same, but in an office job like mine where you browse the web >50% of the time and not believe you get this much paid for barely doing anything

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
murder/suicide/alcoholism rates would spike for a few years until enough people learned

snodig
Oct 5, 2014

Chinatown posted:

If you don't live in the US I understand this question.

If you live in the US, gently caress you.

Is it a touchy subject?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Darth123123 posted:

depends on the percentage that $10 represents. Tipping at least %15 for good/acceptable service is normal. Less if worse, more if better. Its really not that complicated.

If you come in 50 times and tip $10, then tip nothing on a subsequent visit, it would be noticed. They aren't going to publicly berate you tho, like this car dealer schmuck did in reverse.

How do you decide what's "good?" Is there a standard applied evenly to all servers by all patrons?

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Don't want any bad blood between the lovely car dealership and the lovely pizza place.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

FogHelmut posted:

How do you decide what's "good?" Is there a standard applied evenly to all servers by all patrons?

beep boop does not compute. lol at all the autists that can't understand social interactions

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

snodig posted:

Is it a touchy subject?

A pizza driver in the US will make sub-minimum wage if he or she is not tipped since they are typically not reimbursed by their business for the cost of gas.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Boston. Used car lot. Expected results.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
standard for me for like everything food-related is 20% but if the tip winds up being like 3 bucks on that for a delivery guy you should give him a bit more than that

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

In GBS, stuff that gets one post and two replies in another different sub forum will net you an entire thread of poo poo posting about tips. Not dick tips either. Not sure why anyone wouldn't talk about dick tips, maybe they are in The Goon Doctor, gonna go check that out for a bit.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
Tipping is a libertarian dream, the quality of your service should be directly proportional to how much money you can afford to pay for it. Just because a pizza costs X.XX doesn't mean there aren't other fees associated with that transaction. Get off your lazy rear end and drive down to the pizza place or pay what the market will bear. Caveat emptor!

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Yeah the customers are lovely, the tips suck, the boss is mean and you're destroying your car, but there's the one-in-10,000 delivery where the gaydar pings, and then you're getting decent gay head in someone's living room.
Almost makes it worth it.

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

Extra posted:

*5 pages of tipping debate*

there is no debate there are just lovely poors who don't tip who need correcting by their Betters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Shut up about tipping you morons.

• Locked thread