Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
just don't deliver pizza there anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

snodig posted:

How much do you tip on a $50 order?

$10

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

serious norman posted:

Why the gently caress would I tip a pizza delivery guy ? :confused:

because he drove real fast to deliver my pie piping hot
because i want them to deliver again
because i am not a poor

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

serious norman posted:

it's very rare to get a hot pizza imo
also he should pick a different job if he don't want a poo poo salary

sorry for your poor salary.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

snodig posted:

How do you decide who to tip?

Step 1. Leave the house
Step 2. Observe cultural norms and traditions
Step 3. ?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

snodig posted:

Another tipping question: if you tip someone let's say $10 and then return another time ordering/doing the same thing, are you obligated to tip the same amount?

depends on the percentage that $10 represents. Tipping at least %15 for good/acceptable service is normal. Less if worse, more if better. Its really not that complicated.

If you come in 50 times and tip $10, then tip nothing on a subsequent visit, it would be noticed. They aren't going to publicly berate you tho, like this car dealer schmuck did in reverse.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

FogHelmut posted:

How do you decide what's "good?" Is there a standard applied evenly to all servers by all patrons?

beep boop does not compute. lol at all the autists that can't understand social interactions

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sheep-Goats posted:

Shut up about tipping you morons.

thats the topic of the thread :shrug: Sorry for staying on topic OP.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

FogHelmut posted:

I think you miss my point. I'm not anti-tipping as a tipper. I always tip. I'm anti-tipping as an institution. It shouldn't exist. People should be paid well in the first place by their employer. Leaving tipping to the customer does not encourage some ridiculous free market concept of working hard or whatever bullshit American ideal that is. It just gives shitheads a pedestal to hang their money over the heads of service workers.

I want the service people to have money. I want the insecure small animal chokers to get hosed. I want the bosses to pony up.

tl;dr - beep boop

I think you missed mine. I never said I wish the current cultural norm to remain for ever and ever? I agree its a lovely system, but you are doing a poor job of changing it so far, so I tip heavily on a regular basis until you get your poo poo together. Hell sometimes I tip people that make decent money! Egad!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I buy the bus driver for my kids to scool ANDthe postman a 25$ gift card every Xmas to the local brew pub. They both have Big govt salaries with pensions. Some times they buy me a beer. Generally a stout

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

http://www.gofundme.com/xx9js

Looks like a lot of people are donating $7.00.

He is up to $18,000.00, he should buy a new car from a competitor.

How does that work when its not even the pizza boy's page he started? Seems like a cut and run pretty easy. Probably some juicy drama in the comments, but tldr.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
i like how the security video was actually uploaded to the owners youtube account by himself automatic-like
:downsowned:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

I believe all of this but the 0 friends :(

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

jhorphear posted:

I don't see anything on the intertubes saying ugly hat lady ot a spot on the bachelotette. All i see is her name is Lucy and she went on a radio show slamming her boss at the care dealership. Oh yeah she was apologizing lol.

Is everyone on SA this gullible?

Bitcoin snype

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Professor Shark posted:

Almost 30k now

That chick is going to run withe internets money and there is nothing they can do.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

ArbitraryC posted:

Isn't pretending to be a charity fraud though? And in order to actually get the money she'd have to leave some sort of easy way to identify her.

Did she say she was a charity? No. People are even telling her to take parts of the cah to fly out there or whatever

Just take the cash and say you donated it to need pizza deliveres in Africa

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

ArbitraryC posted:

I just am pretty sure you can't legally tell people you're collecting money for some other person or organization and then keep the money yourself. If you want to do that you have to set up an actual charity and just take like 95 cents of every dollar for "administrative expenses", but like you can't do it as an individual grifting people outside safeway without the risk of getting arrested.

Lol 95% going to the needy in a charity. Lmfao

So, how do they stop her from taking all but 5%? Facebook? Ip traces?

"My trip costed mor than I thought." Sorry.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

ArbitraryC posted:

You have incredibly poor reading comprehension

True. But I just glaze over the normal wall-of-arbitraryc-text so understandable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Melmac posted:

Yes. But it is less to do with the fact that it was filmed, and more to do with the fact that audio was included as well (which certainly is odd....most surveillance video cameras do not do audio). Audio recording is a whole different ballgame, especially legally speaking.

Also because the owner uploaded it to loving Youtube.

I've read the owner set it up to auto upload to YouTube based on default setting. Then douche employee blames it on a rogue sub contractor. Which should I believe? Hmmm

• Locked thread