Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Also it looks like almost every skin I've seen is unavailable. That's a bummer.

For the last 5 months almost all the new skins they released were part of the Odyssey, which was their fundraiser for the SWC prize pool. However, apparently all of them were exclusive to the Odyssey only and aren't available anymore now that the tourney is over.

Which I think is pretty drat silly, but I'm sure they'll make them available again at some point (probably in a chest).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kojicolnair
Mar 18, 2009

Kerrrrrrr posted:

For the last 5 months almost all the new skins they released were part of the Odyssey, which was their fundraiser for the SWC prize pool. However, apparently all of them were exclusive to the Odyssey only and aren't available anymore now that the tourney is over.

Which I think is pretty drat silly, but I'm sure they'll make them available again at some point (probably in a chest).

Oh wow I didn't actually think they'd go through with that and stop letting you buy those skins. I got the ones I care about from the events and such at least.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Oh man, does this mean I can't buy little red riding Scylla? :smith:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

First round of PTS notes are up for the new map!

http://forums.smitegame.com/showthread.php?52867-New-Conquest-PTS-Patch-Notes

quote:

NEW CONQUEST PTS

“Our first Season 2 public test is focused on generating feedback for the new Conquest map, and does not yet include all of the gameplay changes coming for Season 2. We encourage players to explore the map and focus on reporting any issues found during play. We will be rolling out an additional public test in the future that will include changes to item balance, god balance, and general gameplay.”

New Conquest Map:

Jungle Camp Changes:

“There are several changes happening in the jungle that are designed to increase aggression and the viability of invading, while also better balancing the buff options available to your team. The removal of the mana buffs on the Gold Fury side of the map is intended to be paired with new itemisation and god balance adjustments coming in our next phase of PTS. The goal of this change is to reduce the amount of available mana in the long lane, thus allowing for more dynamic team combinations and improved itemization.”

All jungle camps, including the Fire Giant and Gold Fury, no longer become invulnerable and heal instantly when leashed or reset. They now heal at a rate of 10% of their maximum health value every 1s and are able to be re-engaged during their retreat back to camp.
While leashing or out-of-combat, camp monsters will no longer take damage from sources outside of their leashing area.
The Power Buff and the Speed Buff on the Order side of the map have been swapped and are now aligned to be on the same side of the map.
The Speed Buff (Orange) now only provides movement speed, and not attack speed.
Both Mana Buff camps on the Gold Fury side of the map have been removed and replaced with a new Attack Speed Buff (Purple). This buff provides +15% attack speed.

Fire Giant:

“We’ve opening up the space around the Fire Giant to give a bit more breathing room for team fights. New attacks have been added to make his encounter more engaging, and more rewarding to counter-initiate upon.”

The Fire Giant now uses both Melee and Ranged attacks.
The Fire Giant now rotates 2 new abilities.

Lava Flow (NOTE: Name is not final)

The Fire Giant unleashes a powerful line attack that has a long buildup and does heavy damage to enemies, while also knocking them up.
Known Issue: This attack is intended to slow enemies within its radius while building up. It currently does not.

Magma Pool

The Fire Giant summons a lava pool for each enemy within his range. The lava pools deal damage over time.

Lane Mechanics:
“Changing the lane dynamics and lowering the gold lost from towers creates new options for players to explore during the laning phase in both defensive and offensive states. The change to the range of minion assists is intended to give lane combinations more options for zoning out players from minion gold and xp.”

Players who move out of assist reward range of a minion or camp kill no longer receive assist rewards, even if they dealt damage to the minion or camp before it died. This does not affect assists on God kills.
Players still always receive full reward for last-hits.
Assist reward range reduced from 80 to 60.
Towers no longer remove all gold from a minion for dealing damage to it, but now reduce the reward by 50%.

Known issue: Currently no reduction is happening, and players always get 100% of the reward.

Other Known Issues

Attack Speed camp map guide still says Mana Camp.
Fire Giant name is incorrect.
Leash areas do not show up if world detail is medium or lower.
Minions will walk through the phoenix.

The REAL Gtab Fan
Apr 12, 2007

Let it post, let it post, can't wait to shit post anymore~
Let it go, let it go, gonna vote one and move onnnnnn~

Jsor posted:

You'll sure have a chance to roll the RNG in a future chest for it.

There were only 5(?) never-ever-again items, which were the inferno Agni, that pedestal, the Archon, and some other dumb stuff.

kojicolnair
Mar 18, 2009
Decided to try playing on the new conquest map but apparently no one wants to try jungle on the new map so I got stuck with it. Never played jungle even on the old one so didn't go too well.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Supposedly Odyssey items themselves are available in chests, but related rewards are gone for good. So Archon, pedestal, what else?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

GuyUpNorth posted:

Supposedly Odyssey items themselves are available in chests, but related rewards are gone for good. So Archon, pedestal, what else?

There was the loading screen card border, the Drybear/Bart/DM announcer packs, a player icon, Agni skin, pedestal, and Archon. There might have been one other thing? I forget if the rewards started at 3 or 6 items bought.

Bruc
May 30, 2006
I could use an invite to the clan as WellHey. I haven't played this in about 6 months or so but am planning on getting back into it, and generally play anything bu conquest.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Juggernaut Hands posted:

My in-game name is Malnord, look me up if you want to someone to fill in any role.

Bruc posted:

I could use an invite to the clan as WellHey. I haven't played this in about 6 months or so but am planning on getting back into it, and generally play anything bu conquest.

Just sent an invite to you, Malnord. Someone else grabbed WellHey. I think that's everyone - if I missed anyone please repost.

Syrinxx posted:

How to have fun in SMITE:

1. Never play Conquest without goons
2. Buy the Cupid voice pack
3. ???

If you're looking for fun, get you some goon groups.

Jsor posted:

I modified the OPs to include this info: Odyssey items will return eventually (Little Red Riding Scylla, Run.exe Mercury, Pixel Buster Freya, etc), but the milestone rewards from the Odyssey are gone forever (SWC player frame, SWC pedestal, that exclusive Agni/human-torch-ripoff skin, Archon Thanatos, SWC player icon, SWC-related announcer packs...I think I got everything?)

There's also a few others that will "never" return - Cacodemon Ymir and Poolseidon...not sure if there's any more. Some of the "limited edition convention skins" maybe but those somehow pop up every once in a while.

kojicolnair posted:

Decided to try playing on the new conquest map but apparently no one wants to try jungle on the new map so I got stuck with it. Never played jungle even on the old one so didn't go too well.

I'm pumped. Conquest is going to be hilariously bad for a few weeks.

edit-
Holy poo poo did people catch this yet???

PTS Patch Notes on New Conquest Map posted:

Players who move out of assist reward range of a minion or camp kill no longer receive assist rewards, even if they dealt damage to the minion or camp before it died. This does not affect assists on God kills.
RIP roaming support meta. No more "tagging" lanes and rotating.

cyclonic fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jan 17, 2015

Magnus The Red
Oct 25, 2010

Russ is kind of a dick.
Got it, thanks.

Magnus The Red fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Jan 17, 2015

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

cyclonic posted:

edit-
Holy poo poo did people catch this yet???

RIP roaming support meta. No more "tagging" lanes and rotating.

Yeah, that change is weird to me. Supports are already always the lowest level, even doing that. I guess they don't want supports getting over 16 unless the game goes 40 minutes.

Todd
Jan 10, 2005
I play sporadically but every other moba is pissing me off and I've always enjoyed how HiRez usually addresses issues to their game very quickly.

IGN as Tankisfite

Thanks goons.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Can I get a clan invite? IGN is Casao

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Jumped on a smurf account yesterday just to see what the old days were like. There must be more non-english players at the moment because "please run back to base now" seems to translate into "dive 1v3 combat with 20% hp repeatedly gogogogo"

That and no amount of map pings can direct attention anywhere.

Didn't see this mentioned in the new OP but lvl 5 is required for conquest; I think I see why.

tl;dr - Play with goons

The REAL Gtab Fan
Apr 12, 2007

Let it post, let it post, can't wait to shit post anymore~
Let it go, let it go, gonna vote one and move onnnnnn~

We were on the same team?!

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Tankisfite - someone shot you an invite. Casao - just sent yours.

Garfu - adding your twitch to OP.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Nice OP, bud.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Thanks Kazvall!

Chunjee posted:

Didn't see this mentioned in the new OP but lvl 5 is required for conquest; I think I see why.

I'm not entirely sure what the minimum requirements are for all the game modes.

Does Siege have a minimum level requirement? Do the MOTDs (even when they're Conquest-related)? I don't think they do but I'm not 100% positive and I wasn't paying attention when I had smurf accounts less than level 5.

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

Could I get an invite for me - firstscion

Smornstein
Nov 4, 2012
I haven't played this since Rama came out. Has anything major happened since then?

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight
Finally got my new power supply and am back to SMITE-ing!

Nice work shub

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

cyclonic posted:

Tankisfite - someone shot you an invite. Casao - just sent yours.

Garfu - adding your twitch to OP.

I'm an idiot and just noticed my IGN is Draecas, not Casao. Sorry!

VecantiCross
Feb 23, 2014
Just started playing, could use an invite to the clan. IGN is Vecanti.

stadontheevergreen
Nov 1, 2012
Shoot me an invite IGN Stadon.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Holy fuckballs they literally made a champion who uses two shields in combat. I have a new friend. :allears:

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

In a game currently, but I will try and get all the people who asked for an invite as soon as its over unless someone gets you first.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Just sent out invites, but the clan channel looks bugged. People are reporting on reddit that it's happening to their clan lobbies and game lobbies too.

Good start with new players coming in after watching SWC, HiRez. :negative:

edit-
Confirmed, trying to get you new guys in a group and the party chat window isn't loading...

cyclonic fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jan 18, 2015

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Are there any sites similar to probuilds or promatchups for Smite as opposed to LoL, so I can get a quick idea of what to do with a champion I've never played before?

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

There's a bunch of sites that have user-made guides but they get outdated quick (http://tiermonster.com/guides or http://www.smitefire.com/smite/guides )

http://www.smitestuff.com/ is good because it uses current statistics to keep track of what people get, and what their win rates are.

It doesn't necessarily mean the build is good though - for example, the most popular build for Chronos has Hastened Fatalis which is not a good item for him.

cyclonic fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jan 18, 2015

reach42
May 20, 2008

Satan is my lord
Bribe officials and kill goats
Hail Satan, Go Hawks
Good thread yall

stadontheevergreen
Nov 1, 2012
The only thing more hosed than the chat last night was my playing of Guan Yu. I don't get that guy at all. Should have switched with Geb, because he's rocks.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

stadontheevergreen posted:

The only thing more hosed than the chat last night was my playing of Guan Yu. I don't get that guy at all. Should have switched with Geb, because he's rocks.

He is, indeed, made of rocks!

An Actual Bear
Feb 15, 2012

stadontheevergreen posted:

Guan Yu is one of the worst gods in the game, so I wouldn't be too hard on yourself. He can't do anything better than other Warriors and his only major source of damage can be easily interrupted. I enjoy playing as him but he's just bad. Also Geb is only made of rocks if you're not using the spaceship skin AKA doing it wrong. :colbert:

Oh yeah, anyone thinking of trying the new Conquest map on the PTS be aware that you have to download each patch separately, because Hi-Rez hates us all. God forbid it just downloads the latest patch.

syriquez
Apr 7, 2011

Woosh
I don't know if you can really claim Guan as being the worst Warrior. He's got some of the most freakish stat deviations out of any gods between Casual and League Conquest, though, according to SmiteStuff (47.21% and 52nd place, 54.12% and 12th place). He's just ahead of Vamana for win rate in League (Vamana is 54.03% and 13th place).
By comparison, Osiris has abysmal win rates in Casual AND League (46.53% and 56th place, 45.45% and 49th place), yet he's considered one of the most powerful gods in the game. Referencing DMBrandon's tier list--even though he's a wanker prat--Osiris is S versus Guan as a C, yet Guan outperforms him by a not insignificant amount (though it should be noted that people who focus on playing Osiris win a shitload more often than people who focus on playing Guan).

Guan isn't bad but he certainly takes some work to succeed with. He's not the easiest god to play and can be countered extremely hard by bad match ups. Which is kind of demonstrated by his Casual vs. League win rates. In blind picks, you can't avoid getting stuck against a god that can easily interrupt you.

cyclonic posted:

It doesn't necessarily mean the build is good though - for example, the most popular build for Chronos has Hastened Fatalis which is not a good item for him.

Just one of those things that makes you roll your eyes when you see it in a game. "Did you even read what his drat abilities do?"

syriquez fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jan 18, 2015

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

syriquez posted:

I don't know if you can really claim Guan as being the worst Warrior. He's got some of the most freakish stat deviations out of any gods between Casual and League Conquest, though, according to SmiteStuff (47.21% and 52nd place, 54.12% and 12th place). He's just ahead of Vamana for win rate in League (Vamana is 54.03% and 13th place).
By comparison, Osiris has abysmal win rates in Casual AND League (46.53% and 56th place, 45.45% and 49th place), yet he's considered one of the most powerful gods in the game.

This sort of thing is actually mentioned in today's Gametrailers Smite video ( http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/bxqmbz/smite-rise-of-a-new-competitor ) -- some gods do much much better in the hands of a very skilled player (like Serqet and Osiris) but in the general populace they fare much worse. I was looking at Smitestuff stats for picks/bans in League and Serqet is almost never banned out - Mercury almost always is instead. SWC isn't really a good measure of how well a god is doing, and there's a big gap between League and Normal conquest as well. You'll never see Hades in a League game, but he's one of the top gods in the game overall (according to HiRez) because he's easy to play and easy to win with for more casual players.

Kerrzhe fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jan 18, 2015

stadontheevergreen
Nov 1, 2012
Well that makes me feel slightly better. There's also the fact that I don't know much about gearing warriors. I've played mostly baachus and loki, the gods I played the most before I got the god pack. Scylla is fun but tricky. So much getting one shot by loki, but holy crap, when she connects it is brutal. Every once in a while I would place her 2 then be forced to retreat, and then suddenly I would get a kill while standing in my base.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

cyclonic posted:

There's a bunch of sites that have user-made guides but they get outdated quick (http://tiermonster.com/guides or http://www.smitefire.com/smite/guides )

http://www.smitestuff.com/ is good because it uses current statistics to keep track of what people get, and what their win rates are.

Does Smitestuff have the typical skill pick orders on there hidden in all those menus somewhere?

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

syriquez posted:

By comparison, Osiris has abysmal win rates in Casual AND League (46.53% and 56th place, 45.45% and 49th place), yet he's considered one of the most powerful gods in the game. Referencing DMBrandon's tier list--even though he's a wanker prat--Osiris is S versus Guan as a C, yet Guan outperforms him by a not insignificant amount (though it should be noted that people who focus on playing Osiris win a shitload more often than people who focus on playing Guan).

You can't really compare like that without looking at pick rates too. In leagues Guan is one of the least picked gods, and most of the least picked gods have high win rates because they're only picked in leagues by people that play only that god, so they'll be doing better than average anyways since they know the god and every matchup inside and out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
I just started playing this today, it's my first MOBA ever and it's pretty drat fun. Got my feet wet in Arenas and had finding a God to get my groove on is fun and played some Assault games. gently caress the Bee guy and some cock eater with missiles that seemed to one shot me every time. I'll be looking to get into the Clan, my username is Sperg.

• Locked thread